Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD

Just now, Hentekorino said:

Be real with me lads, am I going to get my shit pushed in?

Is it as hard as everyone says?

They did say that there'll be an Easy mode DLC. Dunno if you'll have to pay for it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Never said it was easy, just that it wasn't that hard.

I'm going by my own gaming habits of course because I do more grinding than what an average person will do in an RPG. Nocturne can still kick your butt if you don't buff and have the right magtamas on but a lot of the difficulty can be mitigated with grinding.

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

That's why I was saying a collection would not only include those games but it would warrant the price tag as well. 

A good example is Castlevania collection where they through in GB games which would not sell on its own. 

Not to mention 6000 yen is kinda inflated for a ps2 game riding on nostalgia and kinda imo coining it's fans for every penny. 

I would have been much happier with a DDS 1 and 2 plus noturne collection. 

I bet your ass they will all come out for 6000 yen each tho

Yeah, it's definitely overpriced and it's kinda what Atlus' business model turned into. I'm pretty sure the fans themselves know that they're being nickel-and-dimed by Atlus (with especially with the amount of DLCs Persona 5 and those dancing spin-offs got), but they live it with it, myself included

3 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

He even had his own games!

Didn’t know that guy. But I must also admit, that I didn’t play any SMT games, except for Nocturne and the early Persona games. They had also SMT in the name back than.

10 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

Ace!!! Now how about P4 golden? 

I would rather have a Port of Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. That would be nice ^^.

• Like 4

I just read about this on gamefaqs. Pretty excited. Nocturne frustrated me (too many insta-kills), but it was fun game.

17 minutes ago, Azraelka said:

Didn’t know that guy. But I must also admit, that I didn’t play any SMT games, except for Nocturne and the early Persona games. They had also SMT in the name back than.

I really liked the Devil Summoner games. Very VN-like, with fun combat.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, majob said:

Nocturne wasn't that hard though unless you were allergic to a bit of grinding

Or unless you tried to do a ridiculous challenge like Main Character only / Hard Difficulty / True Demon Ending after having beaten the game a few dozen times.  That was nasty.

But really, Atlus?  Shut up and take my money already.

• Like 2

Gosh, still in mild disbelief, and would be in *major* disbelief had P4G not recently dropped on PC. Feeling far more than a tad HECK YEAHHHHHH at this announcement~! B)

With the Raidou Kuzunoha edition, the ~snappiest~ detective, at that! Positively a remaster to rejoice about. Great games like SMT III more than earned it!

1 hour ago, Hentekorino said:

Be real with me lads, am I going to get my shit pushed in?

Is it as hard as everyone says?

If you’ve played Persona you’re already somewhat familiar with the battle system, weakness exploits result in extra turns instead of knock downs in SMT

basicslly for nocturne buffs and debuffs are super important for bosses otherwise you’re gonna have a bad time against Matador

Official site is up. 

We should get it next Spring! 

https://www.atlus.com/smt3/lang/uk/

I still wonder what happened to Persona 5 Scrabble in the west...

I'm also part of the Digital Devil Saga group (those 2 games where what expanded my horizons beyond Final Fantasy, after I got extremely disappointed with FF12..), so DDS have a special place for me (along Nocturne, Persona 3 and Shadow Hearts Covenant, I guess). 

i still have all the PS2 games, Nocturne, Raidou 1/2 and DDS 1/2. I kind of like that we are getting the Raidou version this time, as long as it comes over here at last.

Would love a Remaster of the Shadow Hearts games (still have those, 1 and Covenant at least, on PS2 as well).

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

Holy shit, I didn't know it was getting a PS4 release as well. Hopefully Atlus will port Digital Devil Saga and Kuzunoha as well. This and V's announcement got me hyped to want to finally play Soul Hackers and IV: Apocalypse. After that I'll just have Persona 1 and 2 IS/EP left for the localized SMT games.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Considering how they're pricing Nocturne HD for 6000 yen (around $56 USD), they're probably trying to get as much money out of the re-release as possible. Plus, I'm not sure if DDS is popular enough to warrant a remastering. In Japan, DDS 1 & 2 sold about 100k each, compared to Nocturne's ~300k. Pretty sure the western numbers are a lot worse too. 

Well they need some funky marketing gurus to make DDS Saga Remastered a thing. Allow me to help! (Disclaimer: I am not a qualified funky marketing guru)

Suggestion for taglines:

- From the creators of Persona 5!

- Better than PERSONA 5. 

- Smooth af Devils n Bullets. 

- Transdemonomania

- Atlus shrugged...and then thought better and created Digital Devil Saga

And before i go off topic any more, Nocturne rules. The grind is real and fun. If and when this comes out people call it "The Dark Souls of turn based jrpgs" or something along those lines, i may lose what little patience i have left with modern journalism. 

19 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

And before i go off topic any more, Nocturne rules. The grind is real and fun. If and when this comes out people call it "The Dark Souls of turn based jrpgs" or something along those lines, i may lose what little patience i have left with modern journalism. 

"...and then, in the middle of a hallway there was a boss encounter.  This is truly the Dark Souls of jRPGs."

Shin Megami Tensei is my favorite franchise and Nocturne my favorite game of all time (even got my whole right arm tatooed with artwork from it), so I'm am ultimately hyped for this and SMT V. I do hope they release Remasters of Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner as well, heck do a Devil Survivor Remaster for the Switch along with a sequel, while you're at it. :D

Also I wouldn't mind replaying Persona 1-3/4 again on PS4 and/or Switch, so give me all you got Atlus. ?