Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD

I’m very disappointed in the price. I hoped and expected something in the €20-€30 range.

Charging €50 for a almost 20 year old game... Not a day one buy for me anymore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baker said:

I’m very disappointed in the price. I hoped and expected something in the €20-€30 range.

27 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I'm not surprised, they do love their Atlus Tax2122.png00a9.png after all

Sorry for paying the price... (ya, this is one of the few franchises that I overpay knowing that fully well, but not caring one bit..). 

I still have to see where I can pre-order this, since supposedly there will be a PS4 retail version.. (otherwise, I'm tempted to get the deluxe edition for Dante..) 

24 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Sorry for paying the price... (ya, this is one of the few franchises that I overpay knowing that fully well, but not caring one bit..). 

I still have to see where I can pre-order this, since supposedly there will be a PS4 retail version.. (otherwise, I'm tempted to get the deluxe edition for Dante..) 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shin-megami-tensei-iii-nocturne-hd-remaster-playstation-4/6457724.p?skuId=6457724

it's not live yet

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Thanks! But doesn't work for me (Europe), Bestbuy doesn't ship here... 

Still, oddly enough the SMT3 site have been giving me a 404 error since the time that I watched the video... Maybe they are making the changes needed to add the needed stores or something... 

Hopefully during next week I find a place to pre-order it.. 

12 hours ago, Baker said:

Same thing here, I'm pretty disappointed with the price of this game since i was excited for the Western release ever since they announced the remaster. I was going to have it day 1 too

It's espically jarring since this so called "Remaster" isn't even a good one since it has technical issues (espically on Switch) the cutscenes are ripped straight from the PS2 original with the same pixelated visuals and not even full screen. Not to mention that the combat still uses the compressed soundtrack even after all these years...

I'm still wondering why they decided to make it 50$ espically since they released Persona 4 Golden on PC for 20$

I want to support the game so maybe we can get more SMT ports/games but this is an outright rip-off. I'm either waiting for a sale or maybe not even buying it to begin with given how scummy the product is.

Edit : forgot to mention the PC version uses DRM... Just wow

Edited by Mohemn_Ammar
  • Like 2

On 3/20/2021 at 4:40 PM, Baker said:

Amen, brother. No amount of Decarabias on pillows is going to convince me to pay $50 for this. I guess ATLUS has decided that the Squeenix model of pricing is the way to go.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 10:16 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Amen, brother. No amount of Decarabias on pillows is going to convince me to pay $50 for this. I guess ATLUS has decided that the Squeenix model of pricing is the way to go.

Lets be honest the price of this will sink like a stone within 3-4 months. Especially digitally. But physically i think it'll rise. Maybe not at first but eventually. I suppose it depends on the units shifted. *slaps head* 

Im an absolute sucker for this game, my Atlus nostalgia goggles are glued to my retinas.

I would like to support those who dont support the full pricing. I honestly do agree its too much. Buuuut ill still buy it anyway. Just like id easily do the same for DDS 1 + 2. 

But them 3 are exceptions. I mean Atlus tax is REAL.  

6 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Lets be honest the price of this will sink like a stone within 3-4 months. Especially digitally. But physically i think it'll rise. Maybe not at first but eventually. I suppose it depends on the units shifted. *slaps head* 

Im an absolute sucker for this game, my Atlus nostalgia goggles are glued to my retinas.

I would like to support those who dont support the full pricing. I honestly do agree its too much. Buuuut ill still buy it anyway. Just like id easily do the same for DDS 1 + 2. 

But them 3 are exceptions. I mean Atlus tax is REAL.  

If it’s worth it to you, ya gotta buy it. And I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

I’m sure I will, too, but only after that impending price drop.

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2021 at 1:42 PM, punkshepherd said:

How much sinkage were you thinking? its nearly 2 years now and lowest drop is about 50%, digital at least.

Was hoping for a deep sea sinkage like 80-90% xD