Atelier Ryza 2 Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy Announcement Trailer

7 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

Should finish the first then should i ¬_¬

The trophy guide is amazing btw :awesome:

14 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

Good. I was a bit worried, since I had no news of a new Atelier game this year. Maybe it's because they released two on 2019.

Well... me too, but Ryza just has a sequel because her thicc and no becuase the story "need" another game. <_<

Edited by AlchemistWer

6 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

The trophy guide is amazing btw :awesome:

Well... me too, but Ryza just has a sequel because her thicc and no becuase the story "need" another game. <_<

I play the Atelier games in slowly because they are too special to be rushed, so I havent played Ryza yet, and I always stay away from games that I intend to play, but it seems like Ryza was a very popular and succesfull entry, so it does not surprise me that they would use her again. I even saw people that normally does not play this kind of game playing and enjoying. 

I played all Arland games (except Lulua), Ayesha, Sophie and Firis, and this makes me happy. I enjoyed all of them, but I felt like the Mysterious series was a bit lacking. 

9 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

I played all Arland games (except Lulua), Ayesha, Sophie and Firis, and this makes me happy. I enjoyed all of them, but I felt like the Mysterious series was a bit lacking.

I think I found a new Alchemist friend. :shakefist: Arland to me is the best trilogy in Atelier, my favorite is Rorona plus but also I enjoyed a lot Meruru and Meruru plus. Mystery in other hand was the beginning of the decline, but I really like Sophie and for personal motive I will not play Lulua. ? 

Edited by AlchemistWer

5 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

I think I found a new Alchemist friend. :shakefist: Arland to me is the best trilogy in Atelier, my favorite is Rorona plus but also I enjoyed a lot Meruru and Meruru plus. Mystery in other hand was the beginning of the decline, but I really like Sophie and for personal motive I will not play Lulua. 1f605.png 

Arland is also my favorite trilogy so far. Rorona plus was also my favorite, until I played Ayesha DX, and now I love both. Rorona has great cast, OST, many events, and the overtime is great. I barely got everything in time for the platinum in one run. From the Arland series I think is the one with the best alchemy system, and plenty of funny moments. Ayesha is more story driven, and I liked it this way. I also liked the characters, excellent OST (starting from the opening), the combat is the best from the ones I played, but I think the main reason is that I loved Ayesha, she is my favorite protagonist now.

Sophie was my first Atelier game, and I enjoyed it so much that I literally forgot about trophies, I was just playing for fun. But when I look back and compare it to the older ones, it is not the same. Firis is even worse, weakest entry so far for me. 

18 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

Arland is also my favorite trilogy so far. Rorona plus was also my favorite, until I played Ayesha DX, and now I love both. Rorona has great cast, OST, many events, and the overtime is great. I barely got everything in time for the platinum in one run. From the Arland series I think is the one with the best alchemy system, and plenty of funny moments. Ayesha is more story driven, and I liked it this way. I also liked the characters, excellent OST (starting from the opening), the combat is the best from the ones I played, but I think the main reason is that I loved Ayesha, she is my favorite protagonist now.

Sophie was my first Atelier game, and I enjoyed it so much that I literally forgot about trophies, I was just playing for fun. But when I look back and compare it to the older ones, it is not the same. Firis is even worse, weakest entry so far for me. 

Spoiler

Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As Well | Know Your Meme

I agree with you in all, the overtime in Rorona plus is special because it has a reference for an old Atelier game back in PS2 era, and yes, Arland has without a doubt the best Alchmy system in the entire world of Atelier's games and a lot of poeple think exactly the same. Dusk is a great trilogy but the last game (shallie) is probably the worst game of all. Ayesha plus is personally the harder game in the entire trilogy, more than Meruru plus because Ayesha does not have any trails to make a stronger equipement/weapon and you must keep trying the same boss with a "basic" set up (no like Rorona or Meruru for example).

Sophie was a great game, I actually like her but Mystery serie is something very different... I mean I'm an old fan of the serie and play Atelier without time limited is like play golf without a ball, but nowadays I can't image another Atelier with time limited because a lot of new fans started with Sophie and never touch Arland serie or even Dusk because it has time limited which is very sad tbh.

5 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you in all, the overtime in Rorona plus is special because it has a reference for an old Atelier game back in PS2 era, and yes, Arland has without a doubt the best Alchmy system in the entire world of Atelier's games and a lot of poeple think exactly the same. Dusk is a great trilogy but the last game (shallie) is probably the worst game of all. Ayesha plus is personally the harder game in the entire trilogy, more than Meruru plus because Ayesha does not have any trails to make a stronger equipement/weapon and you must keep trying the same boss with a "basic" set up (no like Rorona or Meruru for example).

Sophie was a great game, I actually like her but Mystery serie is something very different... I mean I'm an old fan of the serie and play Atelier without time limited is like play golf without a ball, but nowadays I can't image another Atelier with time limited because a lot of new fans started with Sophie and never touch Arland serie or even Dusk because it has time limited which is very sad tbh.

I've enjoyed the Mysterious series (although they went to far with Liane and her Firis obsession in Lydie & Suelle), but I can't say I'm a fan of not having a time limit at all in Lydie & Suelle. The time limit in Firis was basically a non factor, but at least it was there. My first Atelier game was Rorona and I still havent topped it, well apart from Rorona Plus. I really loved the Arland series and I still have the three ready to go on my Vita. I want to play through them all again and clean up the rest of the trophies for my Rorona and Meruru plats. I havent looked at Lulua yet, but I thought it was a bit odd adding a 4th game to the Arland series. I also need to finish Ayesha and grab the rest of the Dusk trilogy. Maybe finish my copy of Ayesha plus and just grab the DX trilogy for PS4

Not a fan of Ryza's new design. She kind of looks "overdesigned" now. I loved the simplicity of the initial look.

Well, I still haven't properly played first so I have a lot of time till the second is on sale.

1 minute ago, SnowStorm said:

. I havent looked at Lulua yet,

Lulua is great, you should definitely play it. Especially as an Arland fan. I haven't played the trilogy and still got teary eyed at the final scene. Also the cutscenes are hilarious. My couple of hours on Ryza feels very lacking and reserved in tone and animation.

6 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Really? I dont think difficulty wise Ayesha was different from the others, I even thought it was a bit easier because we had access to wholesale since the beginning, so I didnt have to spend days to synthesize consumables. You also have plenty of time to spare. And there is the accessory that I made to Linka to reduce skills cost and I could spam Valkyrie Drive. The harder part were some areas that you can only go with your own balloon where you have to fight some bosses to complete the characters ending, but at the time you still cant synthesize the best equipment. Another hard part is playing on hard until you get to Hallos Village, where you fight Keith. This is before you can make the accessory to Linca, and with all the restrictions on hard, it was tough. The superbosses are very easy too, except Winged Master. Man, that was an intense battle.

The harder Atelier game for me until now was Meruru. I dont remember exactly why, but I think I lost track of some characters events and got almost one month behind. When I had to fight the superbosses I didnt have enough time to synthesize the best equipment and consumables. I think I spent more than 6 hours to beat the first and second. Ultimately I decided to reload an earlier save to create better items, which made my life much easier. This is also the entry that took me longer to plat, around 100 hours.

I'm not a veteran player like you, like I said Sophie was my first, and this was only 3 years ago, but I understand your point. Managing the time is a BIG part of the experience. I really like to spend long times only synthesizing and watching events, then expending some time just battling, exploring and collecting materials, it just dont feel right without it. It would be the same if we could play Persona without the time limit, it would not the same. But it's not only this, the cast does not have the same chemistry that you experience in Arland and Ayesha. And another thing that I only realised while playing Ayesha: I really wish they sticked with sprites during characters dialogue. 

9 minutes ago, SnowStorm said:

I've enjoyed the Mysterious series (although they went to far with Liane and her Firis obsession in Lydie & Suelle), but I can't say I'm a fan of not having a time limit at all in Lydie & Suelle. The time limit in Firis was basically a non factor, but at least it was there. My first Atelier game was Rorona and I still havent topped it, well apart from Rorona Plus. I really loved the Arland series and I still have the three ready to go on my Vita. I want to play through them all again and clean up the rest of the trophies for my Rorona and Meruru plats. I havent looked at Lulua yet, but I thought it was a bit odd adding a 4th game to the Arland series. I also need to finish Ayesha and grab the rest of the Dusk trilogy. Maybe finish my copy of Ayesha plus and just grab the DX trilogy for PS4

I hope you get the platinum for each Arland game soon! I have the 9 Arland's platinum available in english and it's one of my favorite platinums without a doubt. Actually I remember very well when Firis was released, a lot of people did not iike the "open world" factor but I really enjoyed Firis, the world feel very nice with a lot of colours and I spend like 80 hours just traveling with her broomstick ?. I have a very unpopular opinion about Lulua so I can't say too much about her. /:

It was smart of them to make Ryza the main protagonist again because I'm already sold on the game because of her. :awesome:

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

And i still haven't played the first one despite buying it on release 

Same. They pump out these Atelier games so fast. ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

Winged Master. Man, that was an intense battle.

Exactly! ?

Meruru plus is actually easy because you can have Gio and him infinite damage againts bosses so any of them can't hit you but like you said, Meruru need maybe 9 months or more in order to create the best equipement + the trails farming and of course the money factor.

Exactly the example of Persona is a good one. Is a bit hard to me because I have mixed feeling when I talk about Atelier and how the game has change in the last 23 or 22 years (I don't remember) but who know, maybe another Arland or another Dusk could come in the next years.

26 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Exactly! 1f605.png

Meruru plus is actually easy because you can have Gio and him infinite damage againts bosses so any of them can't hit you but like you said, Meruru need maybe 9 months or more in order to create the best equipement + the trails farming and of course the money factor.

Exactly the example of Persona is a good one. Is a bit hard to me because I have mixed feeling when I talk about Atelier and how the game has change in the last 23 or 22 years (I don't remember) but who know, maybe another Arland or another Dusk could come in the next years.

I knew about this strat, but I think you need some accessory that is a bit hard to do. And if I am not mistaken, you need a trait that is only obtainable in the area between the 2nd and 3rd superboss. 

Well, they made a 4th Arland game, so it would not surprise me if they revisited another entry in the future, who knows. 

Just now, Neku-tan said:

What was so bad about Shallie? 

I don't remember very well the experience with the game since I played it long time ago but in few words I remember that you can finish the entire game in normal or easy difficulty with the trails you found inside a ring that after you can move to your equipement and finish the entire game without effort and without touch again the alchemy system, the story is also poor and you can finish each chapter really fast since you need to see few events and main quest are easy to reach. The game feel like Gust did it with hurry because Ayesha and Escha has a great in-game experience and more with the time you need to invest in Escha and Logy with the Alchemy system creating the ultimate equipement.

I'm sorry for no expound more points, I know I'm missing more things I considered while was playing Shallie but I don't remember. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

I hope you get the platinum for each Arland game soon! I have the 9 Arland's platinum available in english and it's one of my favorite platinums without a doubt. Actually I remember very well when Firis was released, a lot of people did not iike the "open world" factor but I really enjoyed Firis, the world feel very nice with a lot of colours and I spend like 80 hours just traveling with her broomstick 1f605.png. I have a very unpopular opinion about Lulua so I can't say too much about her. /:

Thanks! I own all three twice, so ultimately when I get my PS3 back I'd like at least to platinum them twice. 1/6 so far, haha

I loved zooming around on the broomstick in Firis once you unlock the recipe. I'm also loving the Mysterious Paintings in Lydie & Suelle, but what I forgot to mention in my previous post was how much I enjoy the time limits, especially in the Arland games. It just adds that extra layer of pressure to things! Does Ryza have a time limit or is it the same as Lydie & Suelle?