PS9 parody, anyone remember seeing this?

Lord_Azrath

With the PS5 releasing this year, I thought that now would be a hilarious time to post this!

I remember seeing this many many years ago, around the time the Xbox 360 and PS3 just launched, back when people were speculating about the "Xbox 720" and "PS4" with really crazy designs. 

Anyways, Sony has 4 more generations to make this a reality! 

https://youtu.be/rv9_AlimsiQ

Edited by Lord_Azrath
  • Like 2

Do you know if that was actually made my Sony? The title of the video says it is a PS2 ad from back in the day.

Because if so, my goodness Sony was making some strange ads in the 2000s. This instantly reminded me on the PS3 baby commercial hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Azrath said:

With the PS5 releasing this year, I thought that now would be a hilarious time to post this!

I remember seeing this many many years ago, around the time the Xbox 360 and PS3 just launched, back when people were speculating about the "Xbox 720" and "PS4" with really crazy designs. 

Anyways, Sony has 4 more generations to make this a reality! 

https://youtu.be/rv9_AlimsiQ

omg i DO remember this commerical. man that takes me back.

@mattveego

That was INDEED an official Sony ad, back from the PS2 era. Sony has had a lot of weird and infamous commercials with many of their consoles, even from the PS1 times. The weirdest seem to be mostly from the western market, since Japan has its own universe.

Try checking Mystic's video

@Folkenio

The 'Mental Wealth' ad is bonkers. Feels like I get what she is saying, but it has such an eery feeling to it. 

Kevin Butler is the GOAT. It would be great to see Sony bring him back in. Really cool to see how creative Sony's marketing team has been allowed to be over the years.

2078? Wow, Sony is increasing console generation span. PS9 should be somewhere around 2055 if you take an average generation of 7 years. Maybe the corona plague comes back hard and throws technology back 20 years at some point. Might also explain the 360p video ?.

But yeah, I fully expect them to keep the numbers at least untill 9. The PS10 might actually go back to PSX and complete the cycle (PSX, PS2, PS3.....PS8, PS9, PSX), probably ending the world ?. (if we keep that 7 year generation span, I'd be 77, so it could be true for me ?).

Yes, I actually remember that, it was just shortly after the release of PS3. Well, I think we're still far away from seeing something similar to what is shown in the video even though the VR has been developping during the last decate. Just look at the PS5, let's see which new improvements the console actually brings compared to PS4.