Tips for The Trial (Meatgrinder Update)

For anyone struggling to score well on The Trial, I have a couple of tips to share. Strategies that have helped me get better. 

First things you should craft should be Shiv and Nail Bomb. The Walkers won't swarm too heavily in the first couple rounds so just pick them off with head stabs. 

When you can afford it, get the Nova Shotgun. It's good for short to mid range headshots which should rack up Bitecoins pretty quickly. Just remember to reload every chance you get. You don't wanna be caught off guard.

If things get too hectic, use the nailbomb. try to throw it into the middle of groups for max damage. Just don't let it explode too close or it's instant death. Replace the nail bomb every time you use one since it's the cheapest item at 25 coins.

Get the stamina and health boosts when able, and the protective gear. Give yourself every chance. Also keep the health and stamina up with meds, bandages and food.

Walkers that have a red circle at their feet will create a ring around them when they die. Your points will be doubled if you are in this circle while scoring.

Don't run unless your escaping Walkers, save the stamina for melee kills and shaking off Walkers if you get grabbed.

Explore the area for new recipes, supplies and special items. Don't be afraid to wander away from the crafting benches. Just remember that when each wave ends you'll only have about 60s before the next one auto starts.

Hope these tips will help anyone playing this mode.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Nice tips, one of my most major grievances about this mode is how all the items and upgrades are all spread across the board, all illegible and barely even organized. This works fine in base campaign. But with the strict time limit it’s really aggravating. Made worse by the fact I don’t know how many bitecoins I even have so I can’t formulate a plan in my head on the way back to the bench. 

like I wouldn’t describe it as something with a steep learning curve, but more like a steep ‘knowledge/skill’ curve. Meaning it requires you to know exactly what u need and what to do to actually do well in this mode. It’d also be cool if it gave u enough money in the beginning to try out different load out combos. Cause once I do have enough money, I only have time enough to grab and look at 5 out of 50 of the papers before it’s times up already.