Summer Tag Team 2020 (Event Ended, Badges Distributed)

11 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Can we play all games including easy Platinums?

Yes i'm sure of that. But keep in mind that the rarer a trophy is the more points you get so playing 10 Rata games might not give you more points than playing a game which needs more time and skill but rewards many UR trophies :)@Naomie_Len

Okayo Thank you for the answer!! Naomie_Len-my-cat-noosy.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

@Fuwafuwa-no-Neko you mean the Winter Sale ;) Well crap, as I was posting the link I saw that the web address has SUMMERSALE in it so I guess I’ll let you have this one lol.

Take this as a lesson, Nekos always have the last word meow_knife.png?1563481438.

13 hours ago, KillerUni12 said:

Put me down on the looking for team list, please!

Added to the list!

7 hours ago, Hisuiryu666 said:

Please move me out of LFT and into team Fat Vriska!

You got moved to team Fat Vriska :dance:.

6 hours ago, Naomie_Len said:

Wow, I lovee this!! my first time joining an event here I love the banner and the team's name so pretty!

Sign me up please I don't know if I should bring my friends here but I prefer to join any team that will be welcoming me with them I'm not sure if my friends having a free time I will try to finish all my work before Aug it's my birthday month?

I can make a free logo for my team :P

I'm planning to plat Kingdom hearts games and black ops 3.

My Question

its k if we play any games?  easy plat like ratalaika games?

Yup definitely amazing banner work from Kristy <3. You got added to the "looking for team" list. That logo is a nice idea I've been thinking of doing something similar. And as for your question: it's totally allowed just keep in mind rarer trophies earn you more points – but I see @Evil_Joker88 already answered it :D. Me and @Froopy the Pogfish are working on a spreadsheet which will calculate the scoring for you (coming very Soon™️).

3 hours ago, Stardroid said:

Cuties and Stardroid

- @Mergo

- @Arcesius

- @madbuk

- @MiIeski

- @Stardroid

Team Rep = Stardroid. Casually participating in the event. 

Added to the team page. Welcome to the event Cuties and Stardroid, enjoy!

I'll post an update here once the spreadsheet with score tracking is finished along with some more in-depth detail about scoring. (so there's absolutely no misunderstandings).

In the meantime if there are any questions, as always just ask and I'll be happy to answer =D.

Neko.O

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 7:51 PM, Fuwafuwa-no-Neko said:

The Coffee Baristas

After completing Paper Mario and the Origami King and seeing all of the cafes, I think this is a very appropriate name and expect it to be composed of Snifits. xD

Good luck on you all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

I'll sign up. Put me in the "looking for a team list " please.

You've been added. I've seen you around a few times so happy you'll be participating :).

3 hours ago, Leviatanh_ said:

I will participate :)

Vous êtes addé sur la list. Le Francophonais est une language je parlais trés bonneré, si si! :awesome:

7 hours ago, jemmie said:

NEW TEAM ALERT!

Team Name: The Team With the Name So Long That You Will Never Ever EVER Type the Full Thing (or The Team With the Name for short)

Team Rep: @jemmie

I was already wondering when you were going to sign up or if I had to shoot you an invite :P. Your team "The Team With the Name So Long That You Will Never Ever EVER Type the Full Thing (or The Team With the Name for short)" has been added to the team page, phew that was a long name to type out ?.
Anyways you joining the event makes me want to gather up some of the rest of a something something trophy hunting olympics thingy, it's tempting to shoot those other elites an invite 
 giggle.png.

Neko.O

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

After completing Paper Mario and the Origami King and seeing all of the cafes, I think this is a very appropriate name and expect it to be composed of Snifits. xD

Good luck on you all.

tumblr_inline_pg1blqBuC41txi7fe_540.png

(Bowties sold separately)

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 9:32 AM, MichaelRein said:

I'm on fat vriska.

Added, only one more member needed for a full team. Have the four of you already decided on a team rep?

23 hours ago, Berendsapje said:

Eh, screw it. Sign me up for people looking for a team.

That's the spirit :awesome:. You've been added!

We have now ten complete teams along with sixteen people on the waiting list. When I first had the thought of making this event I was aiming for a mere five teams so my expectations have been doubled. Thank you all for participating and let's have fun 654420220915613736.png?v=1.

Neko.O

• Like 4

9 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Damn, if only I waited for the Doom 2016 online trophies.

Sign me in as a free agent looking for a team,  just a question regarding the point system.

Let's say a platinum is  worth 400 TTs, do I get 400 or they are both combined to form 580?

Added! Regarding your question I'll make a follow-up post that goes trough that in greater detail but the short answer is it will be only worth 400pts.

1 hour ago, Stand_User3 said:

I have completed the ever dangerous team-swap. I am off team Neko and Friends, and after a very frightening interrogation/questioning by @cosmic-mania, I have been graciously allowed to join team Fat Vriska. I will do everything in my power to make sure Fat Vriska defeats the bodacious Staff Team.

With that swap you are the fifth member of Fat Vriska and the team is now complete! You may defeat the Staff Team but you are no match for Neko and Friends :hyperneko::hyperneko:.

4 hours ago, meandmyplatinums said:

Another wild team appears...

Name: Platinum Diggers

8QSLgrs.jpg

(Disclaimer: 4 of 5 Team Members DO NOT approve of this Team Logo!)

Members:

@meandmyplatinums

@CrimsonMercury

@GER-7h1nk

@Il-LORD89

@Samael39

Team Rep:

@meandmyplatinums

Special shout out goes to @Alnnaji, who was supposed to be our fifth member, but in the end decided to open up his spot, as he won't have much time to play during August. Still, even though his points won't count, he's still going to be a more than valuable asset, as he'll make sure to watch us progress, give us valuable support, and even suggest new games to play!

We are very happy to be given an opportunity to attend this event and would like to thank @Fuwafuwa-no-Neko as well as @Beyondthegrave07 for running it!

Happy digging!

A new challenger approaches! "Platinum Diggers" have been moved to the team page (also that's some slick photoshop skills you got there tongue.png)). Seems like you have a good friend that will support you and your team :D. Thanks for participating and… let's dig in? 

Neko.O

• Like 3

Count me in, I have just finish a long game a have several short ones to tackle this August, and probably a big long game.

So write me down in looking for a team.

In the mean time I'll look through my backlog to see which are the ones that are worth more points.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dark_moon689 said:

Count me in, I have just finish a long game a have several short ones to tackle this August, and probably a big long game.

So write me down in looking for a team.

In the mean time I'll look through my backlog to see which are the ones that are worth more points.

Added to the "looking for team" list :dance:.

Neko.O

• Like 1

So quick question - I got a lot of Vita games I'm planning on using for this challenge, since I'll be traveling a bit - what's the policy for the cross-platform games?

Would you count both platforms or just one? 

I'm still a new Vita user, so I'm not sure how the insta-unlock trophies works.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rello-Evante said:

So quick question - I got a lot of Vita games I'm planning on using for this challenge, since I'll be traveling a bit - what's the policy for the cross-platform games?

Would you count both platforms or just one? 

I'm still a new Vita user, so I'm not sure how the insta-unlock trophies works.

Each different trophy list will count for the event. That means you can stack as many games you want between platforms and regions. Auto-popping plats are also allowed. For more info about region stacking on Vita I suggest you to read @midgetstrawdog's excellent guide.

If the game has only one trophy list then it will be only counted as one.

---

I've gotten some questions about the scoring system so I'll be going a bit deeper into that alongside a few examples (@scemopagliaccioh):

Scoring and Points – In Depth

- Points are an accumulation of Trophy Points (TP) + Rarity Points (RP).

Trophy Points (TP): the standard scoring system, points based on trophy values (:bronze: = 15pts, :silver: = 30pts, :gold: = 90pts, :platinum: = 180pts).

Rarity Points (RP): adjusted for rarity, there are two distinct formulas.

• regular trophies: (RP) = Trophy Points × √(Owners ÷ Achievers) − Trophy Points.
  • DLC trophies: (RP) = Trophy Points × ((Owners × DLC Owners)÷(Achievers^2))^0.25 − Trophy Points.

Examples:

The platinum of Read Dead Redemption 2 (link).

(TP) =>> :platinum: = 180pts

(RP) =>> 180×√(367986÷7965)−180 = 1,043.48pts

Total Points: 1,223pts

The platinum of The Walking Dead (link).

(TP) =>> :platinum: = 180pts

(RP) =>> 180×√(113733÷82907)−180 = 30.82pts

Total Points: 211pts

IMPORTANT

For new games there will be a two week grace period. This means that you can play them but that there will be a delay of up to two weeks in your score, this as to give the game enough time to normalize its rarity percentage.

Events Rules – Fair Play

There are two don'ts.

- don't hack your trophies.

- don't let your trophies be earned by someone else.

Violation of these rules will result in an immediate termination. There will be no warning, your score will be declared invalid and you will be banned from participation in this and all further events.

---

Just a friendly reminder that there are only a few days left to sign up! So if there are any particular people you wanna be the time is now to make a team :).

I'll re-sum what will happen to the people left on the "looking for team" list so all the info is in one place:

1. People from the "looking for team" list will be assigned to the blank spots (???) of remaining teams.

2. After that they will be randomly assigned teams between each other.

3. This will work on a first come, first serve base meaning it's not guaranteed you will have a team if you are on the lower spot of the list (eg. let's say we have 18 people, the last 3 is on their own to find 2 people)

I'm very excited to have this friendly competition (and to win from the Staff Team), and I hope you are too. Happy hunting ^^

Neko.O

• Like 2