Truly awesome still doable?

AdriWalkedX

I heard that  servers on pc will shut down in September ( i don't know if it's because of the player base of pc is so little, but if pc servers shut down, console servers can be shut too after that, that's why i'm concern), so I would like to know if the truly awesome trophy is still possible, because I did calculations and I will need an insane amount of time to get to level 11 ( im in level 9 at the moment, 2500 points away of level 10). I can get like 80 points per week, and counting with the story mode cups, i can get 1000 points, but still, i would like to know some opinions.

• Like 1

Think it's still doable for you. If other platforms were affected, they would have announced it. Not even the PS3 Version is affected in September. In my opinion you have to worry about the PS5 release at the earliest.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

Edited by GeT_pOmpeLT
link
  • Like 3

I got the Platinum for Rayman Legends around month or so ago.

After you 100% all main game levels you should pretty much be level 10 and will need around 2000 points to get to 11.

Getting Gold medals in the Daily/Weekly Challanges isn't that hard and requires around 20 minutes of your time each day.

I'd say that you can easily average more than 80 points per week if you have a little bit of time every day. Getting an average of 120 points every week would allow you to finish the grind in a bit more than 4 months (it took me around 130 days) while 80 per week will bump it up to 6+ months. Note that these calculations are based on you being at level 10. Servers aren't shutting down on console just yet but if you fear them closing by the end of the year (we have no indication of that happening though, at least not yet) then I'd say that you should skip grind.

Edited by Yuuria_
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GeT_pOmpeLT said:

Think it's still doable for you. If other platforms were affected, they would have announced it. Not even the PS3 Version is affected in September. In my opinion you have to worry about the PS5 release at the earliest.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

It's good to know that, thank you for the information :)

8 hours ago, Yuuria_ said:

After you 100% all main game levels you should pretty much be level 10 and will need around 2000 points to get to 11.

Getting Gold medals in the Daily/Weekly Challanges isn't that hard and requires around 20 minutes of your time each day.

I'd say that you can easily average more than 80 points per week if you have a little bit of time every day. Getting an average of 120 points every week would allow you to finish the grind in a bit more than 4 months (it took me around 130 days) while 80 per week will bump it up to 6+ months. Note that these calculations are based on you being at level 10. Servers aren't shutting down on console just yet but if you fear them closing by the end of the year (we have no indication of that happening though, at least not yet) then I'd say that you should skip grind.

I think i'll try to get as many gold medals as I can then, but sometimes they're really hard to get. Thank you for your answer :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yuuria_ said:

I didn't know that this game had this level of grinding, i was thinking about starting it as well, but damn, 4 months playing this everyday? And i'm a pretty noob gamer, so i would probably grind for longer, guess i'll just play this one for fun, not worth going for the platinum imo

• Like 1

On 22/7/2020 at 7:47 PM, AdriWalkedX said:

Thank you for your answer :) 

No problem, glad I could provide my input! Also don't worry too much about the daily quests being too hard at times since you'll get your weekly 120 points by getting 1 Gold and 1 Silver per day, no need to force 2 golds. If you do get extra gold medals that allow you to be 'ahead of schedule' you can use that advantage to skip quest types that you particularly dislike (for me it was the 'Grab them quickly' on the 'Never ending pit map'). You can also turn on the player ghost feature to see what other people did and try to mimic the fastest players you see. Hope this helps and good luck! 

On 22/7/2020 at 7:58 PM, Phantochi said:

I didn't know that this game had this level of grinding, i was thinking about starting it as well, but damn, 4 months playing this everyday? And i'm a pretty noob gamer, so i would probably grind for longer, guess i'll just play this one for fun, not worth going for the platinum imo

Yeah, and the 4 months I mentioned is just to get from Awesomeness level 10 to 11 ? I also didn't start playing the game with the intention of going for the Platinum but I naturally earned pretty much all of the trophies except for the one that required all the grind that I just felt bad leaving the game with 97% of the achievements and subsequently decided to shoot for the 100%

Edited by Yuuria_
  • Like 2

I played a little of this game on an alt and I can safely say that getting anything Diamond is out of the question. The players at the top 1 percent are extremely skilled, making it difficult for any newcomer to get a Diamond Cup. 

Doing Gold, it will take you around two - three months to get the platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 1:09 AM, Pottercito_ said:

Does it worth it in PS3? I'm concern about servers shutting down :/. 

Can I start with online challenges at the beggining? Or do I have to get to a certain level in the game to acquire points in the challenges? 

I think you can do the first daily challenge as soon as you reach level 2 awesomeness (which only takes beating a couple of levels if you get gold cups for them). The daily and weekly extreme levels need you to go a few more levels of awesomeness up (5 maybe?), but still shouldn't take too long.

I'm guessing/hoping myself that the servers don't shut down anytime soon, or that they at least give plenty of notice before they do. I'm about halway through the trophy and estimate it'll take me another ~2 months at my current pace.

• Like 1

I m going on the hope that they will keep servers up as its a 'Playstation Hit' with a large player base, although given they only just retired Origins it could be several more years with luck.    I m shooting for an early March Plat, with 2 silvers a day taking only a couple minutes a day.  I don t have the patience for more than that.  If you start today, thats 27 weeks with silvers and about 23 weeks with 2 weekly silvers as well.   Mad Max woke me up to the reality that id better start knocking out the multiplayer on older games asap.  

• Like 1

Finished everything up, except the Awesomeness 11... now the grinding starts, I am hitting fairly easy golds(except bronze and silver on start for trophies), but even with 140points weekly, this is going to take 13 weeks of daily playing... If I pull this off, I will. definetly value myself more and my commitment :D 

On 11/14/2020 at 10:21 PM, VukshaCage said:

Finished everything up, except the Awesomeness 11... now the grinding starts, I am hitting fairly easy golds(except bronze and silver on start for trophies), but even with 140points weekly, this is going to take 13 weeks of daily playing... If I pull this off, I will. definetly value myself more and my commitment :D 

160 points if you count the weekly challenges too :)

Congrats if you're getting easy golds. At first I struggled a fair bit and got either silvers or golds, but I'm now usually getting golds every day (unless I REALLY cba with a level and I'll sometimes settle for silver). I've kind of just accepted I'll never get Diamonds - occasionally I get tantalisingly close but I just don't feel I'll ever get one. The top 1% are just too good and by the looks of their stats have been doing this for years.

I think I'm projected to get it towards the end of December at my current rate. Just about halfway through, need 910 more points so it's starting to feel do-able.

I will say that once I've got the plat, I never want to see this game again in my life. I feel a grind like this has totally ruined what was an enjoyable experience until that point. I wouldn't have minded having to grind for a few weeks to get the trophy but expecting ~1800 points where most people will earn 20 a day at best is just ridiculous. I originally bought this game before I really started paying attention to trophy sets - If I had looked at picking it up today, I would probably not bother as I just hate grinds like this where you don't even have any control over how quickly you can finish it (aside from scoring golds but that still takes way too long).

• 2 months later...
On 16/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, MrManiacB said:

160 points if you count the weekly challenges too :)

Congrats if you're getting easy golds. At first I struggled a fair bit and got either silvers or golds, but I'm now usually getting golds every day (unless I REALLY cba with a level and I'll sometimes settle for silver). I've kind of just accepted I'll never get Diamonds - occasionally I get tantalisingly close but I just don't feel I'll ever get one. The top 1% are just too good and by the looks of their stats have been doing this for years.

I think I'm projected to get it towards the end of December at my current rate. Just about halfway through, need 910 more points so it's starting to feel do-able.

I will say that once I've got the plat, I never want to see this game again in my life. I feel a grind like this has totally ruined what was an enjoyable experience until that point. I wouldn't have minded having to grind for a few weeks to get the trophy but expecting ~1800 points where most people will earn 20 a day at best is just ridiculous. I originally bought this game before I really started paying attention to trophy sets - If I had looked at picking it up today, I would probably not bother as I just hate grinds like this where you don't even have any control over how quickly you can finish it (aside from scoring golds but that still takes way too long).

I am definetly loving it! This game is AWESOME. I did not expect it to be greatest than Rayman Origins but it was. 

I am enjoying every day to wake up and see my golds pop ups and then start doing the challenges. I will definetly buy the PS4 version to repeat this platinul again. BEAUTIFUL GAME!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

I am definetly loving it! This game is AWESOME. I did not expect it to be greatest than Rayman Origins but it was. 

I am enjoying every day to wake up and see my golds pop ups and then start doing the challenges. I will definetly buy the PS4 version to repeat this platinul again. BEAUTIFUL GAME!!

Glad you're enjoying it. I liked the main game but just got fed up with doing the same daily challenges every day for weeks.

I got the plat in the end and as promised have not touched the game since!

• Like 1