Rumoured Sequel - Would you play?

VannQ

I was really looking forward to

Spoiler

fighting Lord Hastings and some vampires. Getting to avoid a revenge driven Igraine would have been great but then the credits rolled ?

Gutted, hopefully they'll pick it back up for ps5.

Edited by VannQ
Added spoiler tag

I would! The first game had a lot of potential, one thing I really liked about it was the whole lore of the game but unfortunately they didn't really build up anything. They can look at the criticism of the first game and make it better which is the case with a lot of video game squeals being better then the first.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

No sequel I want more than for The Order 1886.  The first game is a diamond in the rough, kind of like Uncharted 1 but this franshice can have a much higher ceiling, if Sony treats it well. 

Agree here!

I felt like this one could be so much more in a sequel with all the feedback they got

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

When I first bought the game in 2015 I didn't have the patience to complete it (I was a teen who wanted shooter games and fast-paced  action games instead of story games). Now, 5 years later I bought the game again for 10 euros in a recent saleand I'm enjoying it a lot! The story is very good, although short and the visuals are pretty on point (considering this is a 5 year old game).

Would I play a sequel to this? Definitely! If the story will be longer and they possibly add some new mechanics I would be very interested. They could perhaps make it a whole franchise if they want to.

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hell yes I would play it!

I fully understand people feeling ripped off if they paid $80 for this on release day, but besides the extremely short length I’ve never really understood the disdain people have for this game. I thought it had a pretty interesting story, the gameplay was decent, and the graphics were absolutely gorgeous. I picked this up for like $5 or so shortly after getting a PS4 and I loved every second of it.

• Like 1

Sure.

There were plenty of areas where the gameplay could have been improved but it was by no means a bad game at all, just incredibly short.

The story, atmosphere, and world-building was absolutely excellent, so a sequel with a bit more variety in the gameplay/gunfights and either a longer campaign or some replay value would be welcome.

I really don't see it happening, though - it went down like a lead balloon, didn't it? The fact that Sony haven't even seen fit to put it on Plus would indicate that they're done with the IP.