Fantasy Strike - Now Free To Play

DEI2EK

Fantasy Strike is now free-to-play for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC developer Sirlin Games announced.

Previous owners across all platforms will receive access to the “Founder’s Pack,” which includes everything in the “Core Pack” plus 60 costume color sets. The “Core Pack” is priced at $19.99, while the “Collector’s Pack” is priced at $99.99

Additionally, the game has been updated with two new playable characters (Sirus Quince and General Onimaru), additional cosmetic items and animations for the entire roster, and a new optional subscription service called “Fantasy+.”

“We worked tirelessly to find a way to maintain the competitive integrity of Fantasy Strike that our existing players love while opening it up to an even broader audience,” said game director David Sirlin in a press release. “We believe this free-to-play update continues our mission of crafting a fighting game that removes the barrier to being a contender, while also providing excellent value for those who want additional features and to support our work.”

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/fantasy-strike-now-free-to-play

• Like 2

It looks like a very fun fighting game. It had the platinum. If you want to get the platinum trophy, you need the Core Pack and it cost $20. The platinum difficulty is around 3.5-4/10 (Because the Survival 50 opponents) and will take you 18-20 hours when your good at the game.

Edited by GarbledFlask54
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, GarbledFlask54 said:

It looks like a very fun fighting game. It had the platinum. The platinum difficulty is around 3.5-4/10 (Because the Survival 50 opponents) and will take you 18-20 hours when your good at the game.

Game has  been out for years, yet no one has the platinum. It's either a 10/10 or impossible due to buggy trophies.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Game has  been out for years, yet no one has the platinum. It's either a 10/10 or impossible due to buggy trophies.

I don't think its been out for years or at least not on the PS4.  Pretty sure it only came out in around the summertime of last year.  

30 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Didn't this game had some issues with the online matches not registering, or was it Omega Sin (or something similar to it)? 

This and the other game that I named always interested me, but as far as I'm aware, both are impossible plat, so, I never got around to buy either of them.. 

I played the game when it first came out and had no problems unlocking the online trophies. But I remember for the play 10 online matches with each character trophies that it didn't count matches if you played a particular mode (I don't remember which mode though as it has been a while but I have to go back and unlock the rest of them. Only did it with one character as I got annoyed that the mode I was playing was not counting towards the trophies).

Omen of Sorrow is the one that is completely broken. The ranking system does not work (and that is just one of the many problems with the game).

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lordzeze said:

I played the game when it first came out and had no problems unlocking the online trophies. But I remember for the play 10 online matches with each character trophies that it didn't count matches if you played a particular mode (I don't remember which mode though as it has been a while but I have to go back and unlock the rest of them. Only did it with one character as I got annoyed that the mode I was playing was not counting towards the trophies).

Omen of Sorrow is the one that is completely broken. The ranking system does not work (and that is just one of the many problems with the game).

Ok, ya, that's the one. 

Do you know why no one got the 2 highest win number in survival trophies? 

Is it just really hard, or are there some other issues? 

New update released today with new characters and they made it free to play. Im pretty sure since i did check out the game months ago. 

Anyway i did some research.

http://forums.fantasystrike.com/t/please-make-survival-more-fun-clearable/1652

Looks like its hard. And didn't find any video for beating 50 opponents on survival. Find one with 20 however 

Having just downloaded the game it appears on psn the 0%rarity trophies are actually 0.1% so unless they cheated they are possible 

It also appears you cant plat it without buying the core pack, which are also the trophies affected by the 0%rarity so that's interesting.

Edited by charxsetsuna
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

just because the plat rarity is 0.1 on psn, doesnt mean its obtainable. theres 10s of thousands of hackers on psn so someone couldve easily hacked those 2 trophies and the plat.

What are you talking about? The PSN is 100 % save and can't be hacked, nobody can hack trophies. Just the vita has some problems.