Monster hunter Iceborne: ruiner nergigante large gold crown

Hey everyone me again after ignoring Alatreon for a bit I decided to go and try to get all the gold crowns. I went to guiding lands and got some pretty good crowns small velkana and small ruiner nergigante. As usual I like to start with the hardest monsters and I’m having some trouble at getting the large crown ruiner nergigante. Not only is he fast he also hits like a truck, been doing guiding lands and using those lures you can get but it doesn’t look to be working. I also would like to ask a few questions regarding crowns, here they are: 

Is it like in world where you could only get a crown in silver, gold investigations? Because I’ve heard people saying there getting them in optional quests.

Are they as ridiculously rare as the ones in World? Kushala doara took 230 kills for it to show.

And finally any tips for making the fight with ruiner nergigante easier? Because I really struggle with fighting him.

Thanks for reading and would appreciate any advice. 
Goodbye

Edited by a10j12

In the base game, only being able to get a crown in silver/gold investigations is false. RNG is RNG, there is no way to manipulate it though a lot of people will tell you they have better luck in those kind of investigations for crowns.

In Iceborne you can get crowns in certain event quests which are on a weekly rotation, investigations, expiditions and in guiding lands. I find guiding lands to be the best as the odds always seem to be higher and you have infinite faints to deal with the monster.

Yes, crowns are still annoyingly rare, some will take you a while to find. I'd even argue that they take even longer to find here as a lot of monsters in Iceborne are very aggressive, very fast and just annoying to measure properly.

Use a weapon that can provide some guard to fight Nergigante easier, so something like a lance or a heavy bowgun (my personal choice because of it's ridiculous damage output).

Edited by SlimSanta94

Questions about RNG are always a bit difficult to answer, for obvious reasons. When I was collecting the crowns I thought Iceborne was a little bit easier and faster to get than the base game, but it's still RNG. You can have good luck or bad luck.
The investigation thing is also something unconfirmed, right? So then again, RNG. But still, it can't be bad to have better rewards. By the way, I got my big Lunastra in an expedition in the desert, so not even a quest.
I guess you're playing alone, so fighting Ruiner is a bit annoying as you're mostly the target besides your palico. Use the temporal mantle, and unequip it once it's used. Also, with the mantle, try to grapple him into a wall, as often as you can. Depending on weapon, soften his body. Maybe give your palico a sleep weapon so that you can place bombs on his head or grapple him into a wall again. Try mounting, depending on weapon and environment.
I guess these are just common tips, but I can't think of anything else besides remembering his moves, dodging and using any kind of extra attack that does good damage.

Also, a tip for the crowns in general: listen to the roar. A (silver) or gold small crown has a higher pitched roar, a silver or gold big crown has a lower pitched roar. Especially big gold crown Nergigante has a RIDICULOUS deep roar, you should notice it immediately!
And maybe don't kill every monster you encounter. Try to recognise the general height of a monster through leg/spikes/tail etc. If it's definitely not a crown you still need, don't fight it, saves some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neko-chan251191 said:

Questions about RNG are always a bit difficult to answer, for obvious reasons. When I was collecting the crowns I thought Iceborne was a little bit easier and faster to get than the base game, but it's still RNG. You can have good luck or bad luck.
The investigation thing is also something unconfirmed, right? So then again, RNG. But still, it can't be bad to have better rewards. By the way, I got my big Lunastra in an expedition in the desert, so not even a quest.
I guess you're playing alone, so fighting Ruiner is a bit annoying as you're mostly the target besides your palico. Use the temporal mantle, and unequip it once it's used. Also, with the mantle, try to grapple him into a wall, as often as you can. Depending on weapon, soften his body. Maybe give your palico a sleep weapon so that you can place bombs on his head or grapple him into a wall again. Try mounting, depending on weapon and environment.
I guess these are just common tips, but I can't think of anything else besides remembering his moves, dodging and using any kind of extra attack that does good damage.

Also, a tip for the crowns in general: listen to the roar. A (silver) or gold small crown has a higher pitched roar, a silver or gold big crown has a lower pitched roar. Especially big gold crown Nergigante has a RIDICULOUS deep roar, you should notice it immediately!
And maybe don't kill every monster you encounter. Try to recognise the general height of a monster through leg/spikes/tail etc. If it's definitely not a crown you still need, don't fight it, saves some time.

Thanks for the advice on both my topics I’ll keep these in mind. Guess it’s gonna take some time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2020 at 4:03 PM, a10j12 said:

Thanks for the advice on both my topics I’ll keep these in mind. Guess it’s gonna take some time. 

To add on to @PraiseTheFluppi my friend and I took a few months off the game because we were getting maybe 1 crown a week, playing every night for 2-3 hours. But since we resumed recently in the last two weeks we have gotten 15 crowns. I just like to think the MHW Iceborne gods will eventually turn in your favor. Keep at it and take breaks if you are getting discouraged. RNG is sometimes amazing, other times you wanna throw a controller.