Rocket League goes free to play this summer

Alex_R-13

11 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Glad to hear more people can enjoy that awesome game :) Way to go Psyonix!

@burnysizz How is the cross-platform now by the way? I remember people were having a lot of trouble connecting to other players on different platforms when it was first added.

no issues at all personally

On 7/22/2020 at 1:15 PM, dtb345 said:

Honestly f2p kills this game.... Sure everyone gets an easy platinum. But smurfs are going to be everywhere.

Its a smart move to go f2p before ps5/xboxsx launches. They will bring this game for free to ps5 and maybe launch new modes or updated graphics. 

I love this game, my 1st ever plat (EST.2016 :) . i hope the ps5 version has a new list so i can plat it again lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 9:28 PM, Babsimabuse said:

Got it "free" with plus and bought the Ultimate Edition on disc only for the DLCs later. Now I would get the dlcs for free. Thanks for nothing.

Why would you buy the disc just for the DLC? Wouldn't they have been cheaper to buy individually?

Also advice for anybody that has Rocket League on disc, you might want to trade/sell it now whilst you can still get some value from it.

4 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Why would you buy the disc just for the DLC? Wouldn't they have been cheaper to buy individually?

Also advice for anybody that has Rocket League on disc, you might want to trade/sell it now whilst you can still get some value from it.

Digital is never cheaper for me because I buy retail cheap and resell it later. But not if games get free like this time.

• 1 month later...

I saw the latest Rocket League news and it lists the following features and changes for tomorrow's update, ahead of the Free-to-Play version launch.

Other Things In Tomorrow's Update:

• New Quick Chats

• Heatseeker in Private Matches

• Larger item pool for Trade Ups

• Solo Standard removed

• New Bot difficulty 

• New Merc Hitbox

• Rocket League X Monstercat Remixes

• Updated Menu

• Changes to Achievements

Who knows, maybe they will make the existing trophies easier and shorter to obtain?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Does this mean no more trophies?  I still play the game, just curious.  :)

I saw no sign of new trophies. Just imagine if the changes would make the platinum and 100% easier, or grindier since Free-to-play games are infamously known for long grinds.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I saw no sign of new trophies. Just imagine if the changes would make the platinum and 100% easier, or grindier since Free-to-play games are infamously known for long grinds.

True.  Still a great game.  No trophies to worry about since I've had the 100% for a while.  Just lots of getting my ass handed to me while having a good time.  :P

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Assuming F2P is the base version of the game. Do I need to buy anything to achieve 100%?

No. The three DLC packs that had trophies were given away for free a while ago via an update. Basically, the entire platinum and 100% are doable with just the base game.

• Like 2