Have trophies changed gaming for you

JoeTootell

For it changed for the good because in PS1 and PS2 I only played games at easy or normal (rare cases) and only in WWE games I played in Legend Mode. But I still have fun with the games I play. If I have a game but don't like (most certainly came from PS+, except NFS SHIFT that was my brother that bought to play. I hate that game) I leave it to the end when I have no more game with trophies to finish I will play those games.

Yes it has. I play my games for longer and get more enjoyment out of them. I play the other difficulty settings and do the extra things that I normally wouldn't do.

Because I've started trophy hunting I'm kind of getting more value for money out of my games.

I only wish they would add trophy support for older games like AC 1 or Eternal Sonata. Eternal Sonata will eternally be at the bottom of my 'To Play' pile because it has no trophies.

i remember playing Gran Turismo on the ps2. Driving all the endurance races for fun,  Same with F1 games, full race distance.

You would not catch me doing that now, heck it even pisses me off, if i have to do the endurance races for a trophy now

So yes, it has changed it for the worse for me

Sad but true

I have a system I follow when it comes to trophies. I play the game, and just enjoy it. Then, I do the following.

Did I like the game, if not, move on.

If I liked it, I try to get 50%.

If I loved it, I try 100% (like the Disgaea games). Also if the difficulty of the trophies requires no brain (Sly Cooper games) I do it to just see that 100 number.

For me I would have to say yes but in a thankful positive way the same way PS+ has allowed me and made me want to try games I wouldnt have given a look, let alone know it even exists in some cases.

It makes me want to stick with a game and give it a fair chance where as before I would easily be destracted or just not bother as there was no real merit or insentive for finishing a game or bothering with say collectable items or side missions. Now I kind of get rewarded both in a visual way and gameplay value. I feel more inclined to explore the game and complete it knowng that a ding means ive achieved something. Granted an image and a few numbers mean nothing in the grand scheame of things nor does it validate anything but to me it represents something I enjoy. 

Than again ask my girlfriends mum and she will tell you its a penis thing and your all wasting your life  :lol:

Edited by allsop1986
  • Like 1

definitely has, I feel as though I would only ever be finishing the story on games and not trying to 100% a game or find all the collectibles and do all the little extras that a game has to offer. I feel as though when I get a platinum I've recieved the full experience of the game and got my moneys worth. I also have played games that I probably wouldn't have and finished them to get those trophies. Broadened my gaming repertoire and has made me play games more often. 

It changes a few things, i did used to be a completionist before trophies existed, but it realy depended on the game. Now a days i do things in games where i wouldn't do back then.

It also changed on which games i play and DL, etc... i always play the free games from PS+ and F2P on an alt before playing on my main so i woun't have a game with a bad percentage.

Kind of, I definitely enjoy it more, but I always tried to complete games and collect everything anyway. I still only go for trophies in games I like and usually ignore the ones that are a boring grind if I don't have the time. All I can say is its increased what I do in the game like everyone else. (Harder modes, multiplayer). I'm also more into gaming now, I'll read reviews and forum activity about games I'm interested in which I never did before, and I attribute that to trophies.

i'm not as big a trophy hunter as others although I think you get more value for money by trying to platinum the games, as some games you need to play through a couple of times a lot of people play through once then never play the game again,  I tend to play games I like rather than just play them for an easy trophy. I tend to get frustrated easily and give up lol

It's turned into the point where I have to plat every game I play now before moving on to next one(OCD to the max), this damn Raging Blast has been a grind for the past 2 weeks, and I can only play on weekends now due to college. This weekend I will finally be done with this game haha. Only 3 more tophies till plat.