Server´s

SlavesGamingHD

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi; I've been monitoring this game, and something funny is going on with it. I've been focusing in the "Killing In The Name" trophy, since it's the hardest online one to get (based on my experience with "Seek & Destroy" from Guitar Hero Metallica).

The last "official" trophy achievers are Tumstom and SlavesGamingHD, who apparently got to get a connection to the servers on December 25, 2013 (six months after the last achievers before them). Since then, from time to time more achievers appear, but they are removed after some time from the "Last Achievers" list[1]. This is the list of achievers after December 25, 2013 I've collected in almost six months monitoring this trophy, but I'm certain it's incomplete:

• CyPh_x_HaZe
  • Gcki
  • Pilatnomu
  • ALSAMIR
  • Bates-Rulez
  • BatesRulez
  • KINGOFPLAT
  • Debug_PT
  • BillyHatcher_
  • Presests

As I said, I'm certain the list is incomplete, since I did not monitor the trophy before August, 2014, and perhaps some winner went past me before I noticed it.

Anyway, I have several questions:

1. Why these achievers (the ones after December 25, 2013) are removed?
  2. They are cheating?
  3. If 2 is true, what kind of cheats they are using? Save games? Fake servers?
  4. Is there a possibility that the servers are returning to life sporadically, or only for certain zones?

I would love to hear your thoughts about this. My brother has the game, and I would like to platinum it, but only if it can be done without cheating.

[1] https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/130-Guitar-Hero-Hits/34-Killing-In-The-Name

Edited by canek_pelaez
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah as far as i know all those people after the two you mentioned are hackers. They use CFW on their PS3 to cheat any game and trophy they feel like. I can still get onto the servers and there is a video on Youtube of me and a friend getting on and trying the online and it kicks us both off. so i am sure its unachievable. I have also tried two ps3s and 2 copies of the game but still no luck, it still kicks me off the servers

This is the youtube video i said.

Edited by richard_1997

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
17 minutes ago, LIL_MIGUEL09 said:

Guys the servers are currently working on PS3 if you wanna try it add me on PS3 LIL_MIGUEL09

The servers have always worked, the issue is that it's impossible to complete a song without being disconnected now as the servers have become too unstable.. That and the leaderboards aren't accessible anymore.

Edited by SlimSanta94

• 1 year later...

On 06/11/2017 at 11:03 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

The servers have always worked, the issue is that it's impossible to complete a song without being disconnected now as the servers have become too unstable.. That and the leaderboards aren't accessible anymore.

So, you can connect online? Maybe with custom and it would be possible to finish the online, I only miss 1 trophy

7 hours ago, sssMABsss said:

So, you can connect online? Maybe with custom and it would be possible to finish the online, I only miss 1 trophy

Yes and no. you can connect to the main online lobby, but trying to do anything else will just disconnect you immediately. If you find a way to get it to work i'd love to see it.

Edited by SlimSanta94

On 26/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

Yes and no. you can connect to the main online lobby, but trying to do anything else will just disconnect you immediately. If you find a way to get it to work i'd love to see it.

ohhh, i see. Right now i don;t have my ps3 because i'm in another country studying. I want to try to connect via LAN or something but until easter or summer i can't try. (wow so coincidence i'm right now in wales uk ) 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

So the servers are down? 

@SlimSanta94 explained this. The servers aren't down, per se. But they are definitely broken. This has been a problem for years. 

If you can get to a song, let people know, because I tried to finish a couple of these trophies a few months back, and we couldn't get to the song menu.

• 1 year later...

I managed to get my ps3 back to life, and I want to try a few things to this game, I try today to search online and I didn't find anyone (no surprise) but no error, then 5 minutes lates I get the error of servers not online. I read somewhere that this game on Xbox has a problem with the wifi, so I want to try to search with and without cable, in wifi and using the phone as wifi.

and last, anyone knows if the game has a LAN mode? cause nowadays there are programs to play LAN via online.

so anyone has 1 hour to spare to try those things? 

(primary language, not English so maybe I have some typos)

7 hours ago, sssMABsss said:

I managed to get my ps3 back to life, and I want to try a few things to this game, I try today to search online and I didn't find anyone (no surprise) but no error, then 5 minutes lates I get the error of servers not online. I read somewhere that this game on Xbox has a problem with the wifi, so I want to try to search with and without cable, in wifi and using the phone as wifi.

and last, anyone knows if the game has a LAN mode? cause nowadays there are programs to play LAN via online.

xbox360 servers are up which is big bs, only ps3 are glitched for some misterious reason... i think people didnt try all those options before so would be worth the shot.. lan i dont know how it works i only know people can play u3 online on ps3 even servers down using lan or something... add me on psn so we can discuss it better 

Edited by black_opREADYf1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2020 at 1:48 PM, sssMABsss said:

I don’t believe the game has a LAN option