Judgment is currently £9.99 on the Playstation store!

Plataholic-

Yeah I bought this too. This is not gonna be an easy platinum. Seems a good game and chapter 1 is quite big, but been doing mini-games and stuff. That drone thing though... BLEAGH! Not looking forward to those races. Great price though and can't see it going any lower than this before the end of the PS4 era. 

11 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Should you play the Yakuza series before this one or does it not really matter?

It's a standalone and there are no references to other yakuza games other than very few minor details that aren't related to the story. 

However, if you plan on playing the yakuza games eventually then I recommend that first just because it might be a turn off for some people to start with the newer games that have modern features and then jump around and go back to the older games such as Yakuza 3 for example which released in 2009 originally. 

Up to you though. 

This is a tough plat if you have no experience with yakuza, there's 3 mahjong parlors you have to complete and one of them has a weird ruleset. Puyo puyo completion is pretty difficult as well. Drone races were hard and you might want to invest in dlc drones to help you out if you are struggling.

9 hours ago, cckerberos said:

How helpful are the DLC drones in actual practice? They don't seem to have that much more durability and since hitting things costs you speed, if you're doing enough damage to destroy your drone you're probably not going to make the target time.

I was wondering that too. Not got to that point yet, but RGG suck at mini-games and after trying the drone in the first chapter I know I will hate the racing. I hate the idea of paying to win, but it might get to the point where I start to consider it more and more. 

You have to go fast and go through tight indoor spaces so being able to even take 1 more hit is helpful, I've had times where the extra health got me by some races. Sure you could practice until you don't get hit but there's some luck involved and it can get frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2020 at 1:47 AM, Plataholic said:

I had planned on picking this game up at some point since I've only heard good things about it and with it currently being on sale for such a low price it's too good of an opportunity to miss.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0177-CUSA13197_00-JUDGMENTRYUGAENG

Exactly the same here. It was on my "sometime in the future" list but for £9.99 it had to be grabbed now.

• Like 1

On 24/7/2020 at 2:05 AM, cckerberos said:

How helpful are the DLC drones in actual practice? They don't seem to have that much more durability and since hitting things costs you speed, if you're doing enough damage to destroy your drone you're probably not going to make the target time.

DLC drones distinguish themselves only on a  cosmetic level. You already get a frame with 200 durability after you beat the expert league, and 300 capacity is overkill since the best builds cost much less (240 range), and even trying the best in the west will only bring the total cost to 275, so it's merely a waste of space (and money).

On the same note, the "ultimate" drone (the one that lasts only three hits) you get from scanning QR codes for your buddy is easily surpassed by any build that favours speed and durability mainly. My only grudge on drone racing (which I found engaging and enjoyable despite my initial reluctance) is the lack of diversity of components, which makes for the same three or four builds.