Physical PS4 Games

NOWITSREYNTIME17

On 7/22/2020 at 10:35 PM, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I want to know how many people collect physical PS4 games because I love it a bunch. I'm at 70+ games and still see so many more that I would want. Tell me how many you have if you do collect, a bonus if you also collect vita games

I have 0 physical games and around 400 digital. 

9 hours ago, Madara Uchiha said:

j8gb8oej8bk51.jpg?width=320&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f68763d24589df249984084ad09b40eb1d1d4765

xzlv1mej8bk51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b5f82d9e653307cbd6ef1b3041d1e3f5d1d62f5athjidoej8bk51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ac67bebe790af35aa69497bdce26b4e40260e3cb5rd68oej8bk51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1690670039a1d9dfd928d869bcb266995df9646d

This is my physical collection at this current point. Have bee collecting for a month so not too shabby. I do still have 39 games coming in the mail over the next few weeks so it will grow considerably! 

dude, very nice collection so far. Your selection of games is fantastic

1 hour ago, Sneeches said:

Don't like changing discs, and all the clutter of physical games, no thanks. 

okay, still gonna be a big oof

• Like 1

Just now, BigHatPaul said:

Right there with you, buddy. Digital all the way. I have ONE physical PS4 game, and that's because it came with the system.

thats also a big oof

8 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

That's quite a collection for only a month worth. :D

yeah, very impressive. Just the feel of a collection on a shelf, and not being lazy to get up and change the disc, plus actually having a definite way to play your games. Nothing like it

Since 2014 I've collected about 35 physical PS4 games. However, 2020 has been the year that I've pretty much have gone fully digital. One of the main reasons for this is that I realized that most of the games that I owned were games that I hadn't touched in years and had no intention of ever playing again. Buying games digitally is also more convenient for me as I don't have to worry about making space for a bunch of cases for games that I pretty much won't play after see all there is see.

18 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

yeah, very impressive. Just the feel of a collection on a shelf, and not being lazy to get up and change the disc, plus actually having a definite way to play your games. Nothing like it

I'd say it's more convenience than laziness, the game is going to take up space on your PS4 storage anyway so you may as well use that space to your advantage with games that you can switch between immediately. I'd also say that physical doesn't guarantee that you can play, plenty of things can go wrong with a disc and unlike digital where you have proof of payment for the license an old damaged disc is going to require you to buy the game again.

I have 5 physical games, last one was bought about 18 months ago due to a significantly cheaper retail price. I expect that I may go fully digital for PS5.

Edited by AusLeviathan

1 hour ago, AusLeviathan said:

I'd say it's more convenience than laziness, the game is going to take up space on your PS4 storage anyway so you may as well use that space to your advantage with games that you can switch between immediately. I'd also say that physical doesn't guarantee that you can play, plenty of things can go wrong with a disc and unlike digital where you have proof of payment for the license an old damaged disc is going to require you to buy the game again.

I have 5 physical games, last one was bought about 18 months ago due to a significantly cheaper retail price. I expect that I may go fully digital for PS5.

it's just that the benefits of physical far outweigh the benefits of digital. You can do whatever but this was a thread for physical collectors

11 hours ago, Madara Uchiha said:

I do still have 39 games coming in the mail over the next few weeks so it will grow considerably! 

I miss that feeling of buying a million (slight exaggeration) games at once and getting them all in at a steady flow. Always had something to look forward to when I got home every day. Now I'm "responsible".

I though with 300 games since the Mega Drive I had a collected a ton, not even close to you guys ahah. I don't have a picture with all of them together, but here's the total

Mega-Drive 

Nintendo Switch 

PlayStation 1 

PlayStation 2 

PlayStation Portable 

PlayStation 3 

PlayStation Vita 

PlayStation 4 

Personal Computer 

Total 

7 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

dude, very nice collection so far. Your selection of games is fantastic

okay, still gonna be a big oof

Thanks, its been really fun finding all the games. You'll appreciate the other 2 Danganronpa games are still coming ;) 

4 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

I miss that feeling of buying a million (slight exaggeration) games at once and getting them all in at a steady flow. Always had something to look forward to when I got home every day. Now I'm "responsible".

I get my games delivered at work so I could get like 4 games come in at a time and people look at me crazy hahah. But its always fun finding out which games have come

3 hours ago, Madara Uchiha said:

Thanks, its been really fun finding all the games. You'll appreciate the other 2 Danganronpa games are still coming ;) 

I get my games delivered at work so I could get like 4 games come in at a time and people look at me crazy hahah. But its always fun finding out which games have come

I was wondering when you'd post in this thread. 

You're building up a really nice collection. 

Edited by thekingsman123

Just now, Madara Uchiha said:

Thanks, it's nothing like your collection though..super jealous!

I'm turning 31 this month. My collection is what happens when you have a wife who lets you buy whatever and also doesn't want children.

I've finally put some games in storage. My collection reorganised:

IWdH1JE.jpg

PhSvSnb.jpg

2 minutes ago, thekingsman123 said:

I'm turning 31 this month. My collection is what happens when you have a wife who lets you buy whatever and also doesn't want children.

I've finally put some games in storage. My collection reorganised:

IWdH1JE.jpg

PhSvSnb.jpg

Your collection is amazing! so jealous. Do you buy mostly from EB Games? Also I see you don't have Farcry New Dawn, JB HIFI have a deal at the moment where you get Farcry New Dawn plus a new PS4 controller for $79 just an FYI if you were interested.

18 minutes ago, Madara Uchiha said:

Your collection is amazing! so jealous. Do you buy mostly from EB Games? Also I see you don't have Farcry New Dawn, JB HIFI have a deal at the moment where you get Farcry New Dawn plus a new PS4 controller for $79 just an FYI if you were interested.

I buy from everywhere: 

* EB Games (during sales)

* Mighty Ape/Gorilla Gaming

* JB Hifi

* eBay

* Amazon

* Cash Converters/CEX

* Internet Forums

* Gumtree

* International shops (ozgameshop)

I'm not interested in Far Cry. I focus on JRPGs or other obscure games first. Since we're in AUS, I have to do a lot of importing. I only got in to PS4 collecting again 2 months ago. I also have no interest in CE/LEs anymore. They're poor value, take up too much space and I'm happy enough with just a copy of the game itself. I've got a warddrobe full of old PS3/Xbox 360 CEs that I don't know what to do with...

Right now, I'm finishing up my 3DS collection and have also recently given up on PS Vita games as they're way too overpriced now. 

Even though us Australian collectors prefer our local copies with OFLC ratings on them, I've realised that if you want to resell later on, you're not that worse off with a EU (PEGI) physical copy. Then you'd at least have European collectors who'd also be interested.

Covid19 has made video game prices lately go up crazy in general! 

Edited by thekingsman123
  • Like 1