How does this version compare to Steam's version?

AJ_Radio

I was a bit too young to play this game back in the day when it came out in 1998, but I gave this a chance when GOG.com released the original version of this game and I immediately fell in love with it. The characters, the lore, the story was all magnificent. The Dungeons & Dragons style gameplay worked great.

A few years pass by and I buy the 'enhanced' version of Baldur's Gate on Steam. They made a good series of changes including making the game run better for modern computer systems, far too many changes to list here. While some people complained about it, this version made the game even better.

I've only just found out about these games on the PS4 just a few months ago. And I'm highly thinking of buying this once I clear out a dozen games off my backlog.

Certain genres such as RTS (real time strategy) I feel suffer on console because of the lack of customization options and usability you have on the PC. I've seen gameplay footage of Baldur's Gate on the PS4 and it looks to me it runs fairly well.

Anything I can really expect out of this game, as far as the PS4 version is concerned?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I played all Baldurs and Icewinds on PC when I was a little girl haha, so I have a question.

Does the digital version also downloads the patch with different languages of voiceovers that Beamdog had promised in 2019? I know the disc version does, but how about the digitals?

https://www.beamdog.com/news/voice-localization-update-dd-enhanced-editions-console/

Secondly, is it better to play on regular PS4 or PS4 Pro? My intuition tells me it’s the first.

On 26.02.2023 at 8:06 PM, Aluminium_Sirius said:

Do you know something about the patch?

Played on disc but i never heard about a case where disc and digital share list and get separate updates.

This was free update for sure.

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 1