Advice for Getting Better at Later Songs

hitormiss905

I've been practicing this game a lot over the past couple weeks and seem to hit a roadblock during my Expert campaign on Astrosight.  That song, and most songs after it, are too hard for me to finish or get one star let alone the required two or three for the bonus song.  The super fast, high note volume sections and section transitions are what are killing me. I can't switch fast enough and then pick up on the note coming at me fast enough to keep a combo going.  Does anyone have any advice other than get good?  Am I missing something?  I've definitely gotten better playing on Expert for awhile as I'm able to easily clear a 15 song campaign on Advanced.  I'm also using Right Dominant Seek for my controller scheme, which appears to be the preferred layout.  Any help is appreciated from the Amplitude masters in this forum.

Hello, I can completely relate with you. Its been some time since I 100%'d this game however the name astrosight I'll certainly remember because it gave me the most trouble. If I recall correctly, the song escalates real quick into a shit show after the second barrier and you drop down quickly from 3 bars to literally 0 bars because you sometimes can't even finish the whole damn song and you lose all your energy.

If it helps you in any way, I finished the game off and I can with 100 percent certainty tell you that that part was the hardest thing for me during the whole run. Honestly dont be demotivated, I went through the same thing as you. The scoring is much more lenient in the songs after astrosight. It is easier to three bar the later songs with more practice but it remains hard to three bar astrosight even with more practice. 

What I did was I got 1 bar only for astrosight and three bars for the three songs and made it to the bonus song. Then for the last 4 set of songs, i only remember two names and thats digital paralysis and datalectch? Aim for two bars in these two songs and IMO, two barring these two songs is easier than surviving astrosight. Then aim for three bars in the other two songs. 

Of course, the best advice is still practice. Practice the two songs in the last set so you can get 3 bars ans both of them, and practice astrosight and aim for only one bar if u are having trouble with it. Remember which instrument to go to when shit hits the fan and try to go to only the easy ones because remember getting ome bar requires u only to finish the song, no matter how low the score. You can get some leeway and get two bars on it so you dont have to get three bara on the remaining three songs, but the way I did it I got one bar on it.

You can do it bro, all of my writing above is for the campaign, there are harder songs for super that are outside the campaign but super only requires u to one bar each song so the hardest part for me was still campaign astrosight. 

If I can do it you can most certainly do it because Im just an average player in this game.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

The most frustrating thing on Astrosight to me were the goddamned L1, R1, R2, R1, L1, R1, R2 synth patterns (I call them the "zig-zags" and my buttons are different since I use the Upper Hand control scheme), so what I did was practicing them on Quickplay, where I have Sedates to help me through harder sections. When I was sure I had them nailed, I got to take the song down in the campaign. Most people give up during the process, but what happens is that if you clear a hard sequence enough times with Sedate, you'll eventually be able to clear the same sequences without it.

As for the rest of the songs in the campaign after Astrosight, I think it's most helpful to use Quickplay to explore the songs and find the paths that make you feel safer, and know where your power-ups are (specially Multiply if you're going for the Fluid Intelligence trophy).