Dragon Quest 11S Definitive Edition Coming to PS4

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I bought it on both PS4 and Switch. Will do this, too. DQ needs western love! 

I have it on ps4 and switch and frankly I dont think I can justify buying a third copy of the game ? brilliant game thats up there with my favourite games of the decade but I dont need three copies of it.

Now watch me buy it anyways ?

Just now, Void said:

i hope not, but gonna buy this version either way.

It adds quite a bit of content and a lot of those additions I can think of some trophies they can add from the original.

So I think it will be a new trophy list, theres enough new stuff to warrant it in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Ilzaki said:

I think you can marry Jade or Serana as well

REALLY???  Sold.

58 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

You can marry any of the party members in the switch version. Yes any of them.

Do you suppose this affects the trophy for

Spoiler

marrying Gemma?

tbf, it's pretty shitty. I know a lot of people who bought it on release and played through it because they are fans of the series. Most of them were really sad they didn't wait for the switch release, or i guess this release. They could at least made it available as DLC for a reduced price.

For me personally, i'm glad they released this on PS4. If it gets another trophy list i'll probably play it again. Even though i love the game and wanted to see all the extra stuff in the S version i was hesitant to buy it on switch since it is a long game and i've only recently played through it.

Edited by xZoneHunter

I will say because I haven't been the most positive person about this game, that's only because I brought it on switch assuming it would never be on ps4.

If you dont already own dragon quest 11 and are interested this is absolutely the version to get no question. If you own the original release only and your on the fence about what's added, the added content and quality of life changes are absolutely worth it.

Great for those who haven't played it or own it yet.

But fk buying it again even for the little bit of extra stuff..Wooohoo.

If anything, gonna wait till its under 20$. Preferably..under 10$.

26 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Hmm... That plus marrying any party member might convince me. Is it skippable like actually skip everything or fast forward like Persona does and I'm still sitting here waiting?

Assuming it works the same as switch ,You hold down a button for about a second and it skips the whole cutscene.

Edited by charxsetsuna

18 minutes ago, HedgeGecko said:

The devs said that the Definitive version was a promise to Satoru Iwata back in 2015 before he died. Thats the reason they put it on the switch and not the other versions. We'll im glad anyways =D.

I always assumed the s in the name stood for switch which is what implied to me it was never coming to ps4

3 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Heya friendos, be mindful that the graphics in the Definitive Edition will be worse than the original game, since it's a Switch port

Honestly the switch graphics are good, it's a anime styled game and that artstyle fares better than realistic ones do imo.  I never noticed the graphics in handheld mode being that different so unless you care a lot about graphics I wouldnt care much about it.

Edit- I have never played this on a wide screen tv only a handheld switch so I cant speak for that.

Edited by charxsetsuna

4 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

I have it on ps4 and switch and frankly I dont think I can justify buying a third copy of the game 1f602.png brilliant game thats up there with my favourite games of the decade but I dont need three copies of it.

Now watch me buy it anyways 1f602.png

I don’t buy a game three times normally, but will make an exception.