thefourfoldroot

VITA - Offline Twin Stick Shooters Recommendation Request

18 posts in this topic

As the title says, I’m looking for some mindless, and hopefully not frustrating, twin stick shooters to play.

I like games like Riddled Corpses and am going to get Demons Tier +, but was wondering if anyone else had recommendations.

Ideally with trophies, no online requirements, and not too frustrating or difficult (I’m looking for a twitch shooter, not really something requiring concentration)

Thanks for the help.

Posted (edited)

Ultratron, Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, Titan Attacks! (tho this is more Space Invaders esque), Hotline Miami.

There is PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate but honestly I found that game boring as hell, boss fights are fun, but there's not many and they are proceeded with like 25 levels are mind numbing crap.

Super Exploding Zoo (kind of twin stick shooter, not really, but off plus, was fun enough)
Castle Invasion: Throne Out is "kind of" twin stick, look up gameplay, I found the game fun honestly.

Edited by Cobby

Helldivers, Dead Nation,Geometry Wars 3, Resogun

2 hours ago, Cobby said:

Ultratron, Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, Titan Attacks! (tho this is more Space Invaders esque), Hotline Miami.

There is PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate but honestly I found that game boring as hell, boss fights are fun, but there's not many and they are proceeded with like 25 levels are mind numbing crap.

Super Exploding Zoo (kind of twin stick shooter, not really, but off plus, was fun enough)
Castle Invasion: Throne Out is "kind of" twin stick, look up gameplay, I found the game fun honestly.

Thanks. I’ve played and liked Tiny Troopers and Titan Attacks. Hotline Miami I tried briefly. Think I got it free at some point too...

Played Super Exploding Zoo and Castle Invasion too. Also fun games. 
I’ll look up the other 3.

2 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Helldivers, Dead Nation,Geometry Wars 3, Resogun

Reigning was a great game. Hell divers I found full along with Dead Nation (snd aren’t they online). Will look up Geometry Wars. Thanks 

38 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Thanks. I’ve played and liked Tiny Troopers and Titan Attacks. Hotline Miami I tried briefly. Think I got it free at some point too...

Played Super Exploding Zoo and Castle Invasion too. Also fun games. 
I’ll look up the other 3.

Reigning was a great game. Hell divers I found full along with Dead Nation (snd aren’t they online). Will look up Geometry Wars. Thanks 

Shit yeah I forgot, Dead Nation on PS3 and PS4 is offline doable, on VITA not so much lol

Posted (edited)

Don't Die, Mr. Robot! is a fun single stick avoider you might call it. You control a tiny character and the goal is to dodge incoming fire and enemies as long as possible as fruit fills the arena. You get extra danger points for rubbing up against enemy ships / weapons fire. When you can't avoid any longer, touch a piece of fruit and it explodes killing any enemy in range. It also detonates any other piece of fruit in its blast radius to cause a chain of explosions across the screen killing enemies and upping your score multiplier (+1X for each chain detonated fruit) for the enemies that you're killing. The mechanics are fairly simple but it can get quite hectic. It was on PS+ so you might already have it.

Edited by Guardian_owl

Dead Nation is a great twitch stick shooter, but you need to play it online with someone to co-op the story. Still, it’s very worth the time and you get a bunch of mindless hours of play, especially the DLC. I still feel like playing it just for the hell if it.

Haven't played Super Stardust since 2011 back on PS3, but Vita should be a twitch stick shooter if it plays like the PS3 one did.

Posted (edited)

Super Stardust Delta is my personal favorite. Any twin-stick shooter from Housemarque is fun: Dead Nation, Resogun, Super Stardust, etc.

Edited by PlanetCheat

All my favorite ones have been said, but I'll give a +1 to Resogun and Helldivers. 

It's been a while, but I think Flame Over was also twin-stick shooter-like. It's a bit different since it's putting out fires, but it gave me the same vibes when I played it. 

if i got to suggest some of them....

Dead Nation: great port in general, true that you need someone online to fully plat but damn it still fun as hell, probably one of the best one in terms of quality/price this days

Helldivers: my godsend favorite one on the vita, hard as hell, but also fun, specially if you manage to get some other people to hop into your sessions, sadly is also is the most consuming game in the vita when it comes to GB, like the last time i manage to get that game with update was over 6GB alone, so i sadly has to erase it, but if you manage to get a bigger memory card and like games with friendly fire, it becames pretty much a obligatory choice. (also plat it)

Resogun: pretty much a great shoot em up, all aspects (graphics, sound, gameplay) is excelent in general, also cross buy with ps3 and ps4, worth playing.

Riddled Corpses Ex: damn good game, ended up like it a lot

Fast Striker: since no one has recommend this one yet, old school shoot em up, actually created by neo geo, so it got that "old school flavor" of hardcore difficulty and some sort of bullet hell, but still fun as hell, but as much as the others i name here

of course then you have velocity and velocity x2, darius burst, hotline miami, etc

AccessEngage21.png

Scintillatron 4096. This is also available on PS4 and the trophy lists (identical in each version, with a platinum) are counted separately. It's less twitch and not exactly mindless, but still fun. Instead of just tearing through enemies, you're supposed to chain ones of the same color until they're wiped out. If you take too long on a level, a Hurry Up enemy will appear. There are no online requirements for any trophies.

Rush Rover

Demon's Tier+

Neon Chrome

Also, just to reiterate, Helldivers and Riddled Corpses EX are fantastic twin-stick titles.

Sky Force Anniversary is mindless and great fun. Haven't finished it myself but most of the others have been said I.e Resogun, Riddled Corpses & Geometry Wars Dimensions. 

Online wise - Helldivers was amazing but it was a long journey. 

Alienation is great but again can be slightly grind. 

Dead Nation - Mostly offline but I believe there is a co-op trophy that needs to be done online. 

Also: Crimsonland, Luftrausers (if you don't mind the unachievable platinum), Age of Zombies, We Are Doomed. Time Recoil was fun as well.

Hotline Miami 1 and 2, and Neurovoider, already mentioned, are definitely the best.

As many have said, Dead Nation. One of my favourite games ever and starting to consider playing it a 3rd time for a 3rd plat (which I haven't done before with any game.)

Wanted Corp is pretty cool and the Vita version has no online. Unfortunately my experience was a little scarred with it because my right analog stick gave up halfway through it (which I changed later) and I think I ended up finishing it without it or at least I attempted. Apparently it's better to have both sticks working for twin stick shooters. xD