these past couple of weeks, i've been honestly thinking about going to nintendo.

RJP_X

I find the switch is best used alongside another console. For example I play on ps4 mainly with the switch on days I want to play something different.

Most of the jrpgs I've brought recently are switch ones, so its slowly becoming my jrpg machine.

On the 2ds, there are no new 3ds games coming out but the existing library is really good.if your looking for Japanese made games that is as it can play any ds and 3ds games (remember the region lock on 3ds games though.)

I'm a bit biased though because fire emblem awakening is on 3ds and that's one of my favourite games.

Edited by charxsetsuna
  • Like 1

I would say if you want a break from the ps4 and trophy hunting then don't do a full move to the switch but rather use it as a secondary console to your ps4. 

First party support for their titles is second to none but for a third party fix I've always found Nintendo the weakest of the three.

I had a similar scenario in 2009 but it was owning a wii since release and not being able to get batman arkham asylum, I decided to get one of the other two, I ended up with a ps3 due to friends, experience of the console of family visits etc.

Your choice is all the more simple, if you can afford to then buy a switch for the first party titles, when you feel burnt out from trophies or ps4 then make the switch and enjoy what Nintendo has to offer instead.

On 7/24/2020 at 0:26 AM, kaltezhan said:

Gaming is gaming. Don't let trophy hunting become a chore, or it will bore you to death.

Late 2018 I was heavily inclined on not replaying games I liked because I already had the platinum. After some dumps like Everybodys Gone To The Rapture and Conan Exiles god mode, I decided it was time to stop. I think it's safe to say we should like videogames first, not trophies. Long story short, beat God of War 9 times already. If it wasn't for Ghost of Tsushima, I'd be replaying it again on japanese dub, or doing a my ng+6 on Dark Souls. Just follow your hearts desire!

i hear that. i find myself doing that. not playing games ive already got the plat in no matter how good they are. im trying to break myself out of that habit but its not going as well as id like.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

I just ordered the diablo 3 bundle
i just wanna get my hands on some mario games again and A little away from the trophy addiction Side of things with PS

nice! thanks to a lot of people who posted here, another thing is i might have mentioned it in the OP but i honestly never really cared for AAA gaming. i tried a lot of titles early on with ps3 as they were recommended, tried some here and there on the ps4 but didn't really care then either. most of my profile these days is niche anime games, something i hear nintendo has been starting to really excel at. plus i really use to like mario and zelda and that sort of thing before getting ps3. pokemon got old to me years ago however, one of the last ones i played was one of the first DS ones and never really cared to go back to the series. 

having trouble getting a hold of a switch currently for a couple of reasons, one stock goes lightning quick, and another reason due to circumstances and  a particular untrustworthy neighbor, trying to find ways i can obtain one safely. 

Edited by RJP_X

16 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

nice! thanks to a lot of people who posted here, another thing is i might have mentioned it in the OP but i honestly never really cared for AAA gaming. i tried a lot of titles early on with ps3 as they were recommended, tried some here and there on the ps4 but didn't really care then either. most of my profile these days is niche anime games, something i hear nintendo has been starting to really excel at. plus i really use to like mario and zelda and that sort of thing before getting ps3. pokemon got old to me years ago however, one of the last ones i played was one of the first DS ones and never really cared to go back to the series. 

having trouble getting a hold of a switch currently for a couple of reasons, one stock goes lightning quick, and another reason due to circumstances and  a particular untrustworthy neighbor, trying to find ways i can obtain one safely. 

yeah they are still kinda hard to come by if you try to find them in A store by you, it seems impossible

i ordered mine online, i didnt have to pay inflatted prices either, 299$ bundle with a diablo  3 dock, case and the game

On 7/23/2020 at 10:38 PM, RJP_X said:

*snip*

Much like you, I've made my decision to leave the trophy hunting & achievement hunting world permanently and instead focus on playing the games the old way, since Trophy Hunting has given me a plethora of headaches and burnouts that I have lost my will to rest really early and my college studies slowly suffer, as a result. I simply have to make that tough decision to bury that said hobby into non-existence and move on. On a more serious note, albeit not going to Nintendo Switch, I still had to go back to my old roots of PC/laptop gaming, especially the old way of gaming, where trophies and achievements are non-existent and instead enjoy them for what it was. No offence, but I think it's time to break that dopamine feedback loop. I feel like trophy hunting has become more of a chore and less of a hobby, in my opinion, as my body cannot withstand that much burnout anymore, and I never understood why some would cry and whine whenever someone makes a decision to leave this hobby. Apologies for the slight rant, but it needs to be said.

Edited by BadRep24

On 8/3/2020 at 9:54 PM, BadRep24 said:

Much like you, I've made my decision to leave the trophy hunting & achievement hunting world permanently and instead focus on playing the games the old way, since Trophy Hunting has given me a plethora of headaches and burnouts that I have lost my will to rest really early and my college studies slowly suffer, as a result. I simply have to make that tough decision to bury that said hobby into non-existence and move on. On a more serious note, albeit not going to Nintendo Switch, I still had to go back to my old roots of PC/laptop gaming, especially the old way of gaming, where trophies and achievements are non-existent and instead enjoy them for what it was. No offence, but I think it's time to break that dopamine feedback loop. I feel like trophy hunting has become more of a chore and less of a hobby, in my opinion, as my body cannot withstand that much burnout anymore, and I never understood why some would cry and whine whenever someone makes a decision to leave this hobby. Apologies for the slight rant, but it needs to be said.

its a vicious cycle depending on the person who partakes in it. like me, i have asperger's and have always dealt with bad OCD. another thing is i'm not a very relaxed person either by any means. i panic, stress, get worked up, and depressed very easily. have learned over time i don't think trophies are good for me as those anxious feelings rev up,''did i miss this? am i doing this right?'' all the ects. we all know.

wasn't even the last game i was playing, just years of it with a majority of the time not really enjoying it. likely done as i have spent quite the time away from it, and i feel like i'm slowly getting more comfortable with the fact. there are some times where i think about it but don't really care enough to come back.

felt a lot of stress of not being able to use the ps4 either that much for awhile cause everyone's been home all the time from the virus and circuit breaker trips easily, so was using my vita a lot, but i've kind of exhausted the library as much as i love the damn thing. i've always felt like the ps4 is a fragile piece of machinery due to all the issues i've read people having with them kinda raised my anxiety about using it too. reading too much in the internet raised my anxiety over it, mine has had complete system crashes since i've had mine early on two and a half years ago. one was from the playstation store, a couple of other times was from wi-fi being slow that day, then turning it off made it crash. heard the system has a shitty system UI or whatever that is, as i've also read other's having the same issue, replaced their HDD's or even got new ps4's and still happened. just feel nervous even using the thing.

do have a switch coming in tomorrow or the next day. excited to slowly build up the library, as those 1st party games aren't cheap. probably will only start off with one or a couple, interested in xenoblade 2. i liked the first one years ago. although my memory is far from fresh on it, but might go back and replay it on the wii at some point.