Jumping to Trees Glitched/Bugged?

DrakeHellsing

A question for others in regards to the climbing aspect.  When Jin climbs and needs to leap to a branch to grab onto it, is he suppose to grab it every time? Cause sometimes I'm having the issue where he leaps for it, but he just doesn't grab onto it, which of course, causes him to fall, sometimes to his death.

Unless of course, there's something I'm missing like, needing to hold towards the branch and hold x all the way or something like that.

I have had that happen a few times and I think it's because I'm overshooting it or not holding the stick down long enough. The jumping and climbing feels kind of sensitive at times but it hasn't been much of an issue.

5 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I have had that happen a few times and I think it's because I'm overshooting it or not holding the stick down long enough. The jumping and climbing feels kind of sensitive at times but it hasn't been much of an issue.

Yeah, so far, that's the only issue I'm having with the game.  Well that and trying to traverse small things where Jin seems to not understand it when I approach it, like little gaps, or on a little bamboo bridge thing xD

But nice to know I'm not the only one having troubles with it.  As it was apparent when I was trying to get up to this shrine which needed climbing and jumping to trees.  Luckily the game was generous in that if I fell to my death, it would put me back on the last ledge i was on and not back at the start of the path to the shrine.

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, so far, that's the only issue I'm having with the game.  Well that and trying to traverse small things where Jin seems to not understand it when I approach it, like little gaps, or on a little bamboo bridge thing xD

But nice to know I'm not the only one having troubles with it.  As it was apparent when I was trying to get up to this shrine which needed climbing and jumping to trees.  Luckily the game was generous in that if I fell to my death, it would put me back on the last ledge i was on and not back at the start of the path to the shrine.

Sometimes he also won't climb up a ladder right away or I have to run into it a few times for him to register to climb it and when it comes to bamboo bridges or something he can cross I just jump forward and he will land on them. I've gotten used to it by now but it is kind of awkward at first but thankfully it hasn't really killed me since the beginning of the game. And yeah I do appreciate them spawning you back pretty close to where you died. :P

14 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Sometimes he also won't climb up a ladder right away or I have to run into it a few times for him to register to climb it and when it comes to bamboo bridges or something he can cross I just jump forward and he will land on them. I've gotten used to it by now but it is kind of awkward at first but thankfully it hasn't really killed me since the beginning of the game. And yeah I do appreciate them spawning you back pretty close to where you died. :P

I always jump towards ladders and he will usually grab it every time.

40 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

A question for others in regards to the climbing aspect.  When Jin climbs and needs to leap to a branch to grab onto it, is he suppose to grab it every time? Cause sometimes I'm having the issue where he leaps for it, but he just doesn't grab onto it, which of course, causes him to fall, sometimes to his death.

Unless of course, there's something I'm missing like, needing to hold towards the branch and hold x all the way or something like that.

Are you talking about the ones where you are on a rock ledge hanging down and need to lean over to grab a branch?  I was having issues with that  but Holding in the direction then holding (not pressing) X seems to work best.

I think the climbing system in this game is heavily tied to the camera angle. Sometimes Jin just lets go and falls to his death automatically even after he grabs onto a ledge or hooks onto a branch. Waiting for the camera angel to catch up fixes the problem every time.

I've had this issue too. I'd usually overshoot it, expecting the game to kind of cheat me to the nearest edge because most games do that. So I just started to slow down when taking these jumps. After that I didn't have the issue anymore.

In regards to camera angle, I think there's something to it. Like Jin won't hop down a short ledge automatically for me unless I have a clear view of the place I'm actually landing. Or I'm crazy and imagining it.