No 30 day notice for DLC

BigBossSquirtle

almost two weeks ago, EAHelp on Twitter confirmed the server shutdown. However they failed to give a 30 day notice as stated on the back of the game case. We should report this to the Better Business Bureau in an attempt to get the servers back upEdqn1JkU4AEC2CK?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by j_shorty2
  • Like 2

On 24/07/2020 at 1:27 PM, communistwookiee said:

Ah yes, the good old "report to the Better Business Bureau", a private organization with zero governmental oversight that any company can pay off that won't give a damn about your issue anyway.

This^

Contacting the BBB is a waste of time, because they have no authority or power to enforce change - If you want things to change, then put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting EA (or any other company that's doing scummy things) by refusing to buy any of their products.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Contacting the BBB is a waste of time, because they have no authority or power to enforce change - If you want things to change, then put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting EA by refusing to buy any of their products.

The 30 day notice is probably not even legally binding either, it's worded in a way that they don't have to give notice

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, j_shorty2 said:

That still indicates they should've given a 30 day notice. 

14 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Again, key word being SHOULD. It would be nice if they did give notice, but they don't have to give notice.

It can be read both ways so there's no real use arguing about the semantics of it here. Its more worthwhile trying to see if it is legally binding in anyway

Edited by black__bunny

On 25/07/2020 at 11:17 PM, black__bunny said:

It can be read both ways so there's no real use arguing about the semantics of it here. Its more worthwhile trying to see if it is legally binding in anyway

I'm 99.9% sure that there's nothing legally binding about keeping servers up. This really is a lost cause.

On 7/24/2020 at 0:06 PM, SaltyCat said:

I have seen many ways of people trying to get the servers back but this tops all the others lmao

On 7/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, communistwookiee said:

Ah yes, the good old "report to the Better Business Bureau", a private organization with zero governmental oversight that any company can pay off that won't give a damn about your issue anyway.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:42 PM, HuntingFever said:

This^

Contacting the BBB is a waste of time, because they have no authority or power to enforce change - If you want things to change, then put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting EA by refusing to buy any of their products.

I think the reason people have been inspired to attempt to use the BBB to sort out problems is because Splinter Cell Blacklist had broken daily challenges but a BBB complaint got forwarded to Ubisoft who promptly fixed the issue:

I wouldn't say it's a stupid idea to try it again with another company or game when it has been proven to be an effective way of getting a game fixed in the past.

I find it funny that people use every time EA makes a mistake with trophies as a way of shitting on people for buying EA's games... Sony has made all the mistakes EA has made and @KingGuy420 pointed out that this game has been around for 10 years, which is a longer time than Sony's servers stay up... The thing I will shit on EA for is that anything tied to daily challenges or other features often breaks before the game servers shutdown, but to say "don't buy EA's games" because they messed up a trophy is pathetic.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

They kept the servers up for over 10 years despite being a barren wastleland 9 years ago. Sony don't even keep servers up that long on 1st party games.

The level of entitlement goin on in this thread is mind boggling lol.

...it’s not like I don’t agree with you dude. I feel no entitlement towards being able to earn now unattainable trophies, so that does not apply to me.

I personally think it’s quite ridiculous to drone on and on about server shutdowns years after release, and then continuing the whining by submitting petitions, etc.  after the fact as if it’ll do anything. Most people’s frustrations here probably stem from the possible 30 day notice not being utilized. 

Nothing said changes the fact of what I mentioned in my post: you can’t expect anything less from EA, and they are a joke of a company, my main point in the first place.