Dealing damage by touch - wtf?

NarcissusBaz

A weird thing started to happen to me around the beginning of Act II. First, the door I tried to open simply EXPLODED when I approached them. Things got much worse as I was playing. When I tried mounting my horse, it made a grunt and ran away, as if it was being hurt. Can't mount my horse now, cool, I don't mind a short walk, the scenery is beautiful. But every NPC I approach gets damage hit when I stand next to them and enemies as well (I can insta-kill some of the archers just by running close). At first I thought it was some cool buff on my armor, but not a single piece of equipment has "thorns" ability or something like that. Then I though I might be poisoned, but as far as I remember, there aren't any debuffs in the game. The worst thing is I'm blocked out of the stand-off trophy (the one for killing max amount of enemies in one stand-off). Whenever an enemy approaches, he gets hit by those stupid thorns and I fail a stand-off. Any idea how to get rid of it?

I had the same issue. Enemies would take damage just moving toward them randomly, horse would take damage, etc.

Closing the game fixed it for me. Tends to fix any weird glitch I have like the Kappa quest not progressing when investigating clues it would just sit there, reloading didn't fix it, but a fresh boot of the game did.

• Like 1