That one trophy that prevented you from getting the platinum....

Cloudbahamut

Do any of you know this ? You are missing only one trophy for the platinum but you just can't get it.

A game where this happened for me is for example Arkham Knight where I am only missing the trophy for doing all of Batmans moves in one combo.

Another is Shadow Warrior where I am only missing the trophy for beating the game on Heroic.

And yet another would be Rise of the Tomb Raider where I am only missing the trophy for getting a gold score on every level in Score Attack.

• Like 1

Due to server closure, the Platinum for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe is unobtainable as I can’t play online otherwise I’d go back and complete it. But if were talking about trophies that don’t include online and are actually difficult in any way and I’ve actually attempted the Platinum, then well, I guess I don’t have any unobtainable Platinums ?

• Like 1

Well not exactly my last trophy since I still have to do legend mode, but the Perfectionist trophy in Yakuza Zero. I only have fantasy zone left and I can't get 100k points. The closest I've been was 82k. Legend is absolutely doable, fantasy shit tho, I just can't beat.

I encourage you to go for the Shadow Warrior trophy. It's not THAT bad, and it's super rewarding. 

I don't have any that prevented me from Platinum, but I'll never 100% Dishonored because of a DLC trophy called By My Hand Alone, which is horrible. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maahniac said:

I encourage you to go for the Shadow Warrior trophy. It's not THAT bad, and it's super rewarding. 

I don't have any that prevented me from Platinum, but I'll never 100% Dishonored because of a DLC trophy called By My Hand Alone, which is horrible. 

I tried Heroic mode. No way. I am not a fan of hard difficulties (though I have beaten several games on hardest difficulty such as Devil May Cry 3, most Resident Evil games etc.) and I am really not a FPS pro (Only FPS I am playing are Shadow Warrior and Doom really). I am not the Dark Souls type "torture yourself until you get it done" type of gamer. I can handle some challenges but if it becomes pure frustration I am out. I tried Heroic several times and It's harder then Insane.  And it's not exactly a short game. If I think about the Courtyard battle alone I already want to cry lol

Uncharted drakes fortune - crushing difficulty , aint even gonna attempt , I know its possible and not the hardest but its really not worth getting upset over.  

Hotline miami - get a life (A rank on each chapter) didnt feel like trying , enjoyed the game and felt like I wanted to leave it on that note. 

Ashen - children of sissna (hard mode) me mate pussied out and I didnt have the strength to go at it alone

Edited by Dodolis

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Deadly Obsession: Complete Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Deadly Obsession difficulty

I just don't have the patience to replay 30min segments for a silly mistake or a Lara miss-grab. I know we have speedrunners out there who will reset after 5 hours playing because of a mistake, and that takes a godlike level of patience that my casual trophy hunter arse doesn't have.

Edited by InfraRedPS
  • Like 4

• 112 Gold Medals on Steep, some challenges are way to complex for my patience. 
  • Hardcore Mode Campaign on BFV, illogically difficult. I'm out. 
  • Nightmare Mode on Dragon Age Inquisition, you're supposed to play the game on Tactical Mode and I find no fun in that (+ illogically difficult for my patience). 
  • Treasure Hunt on MHW Iceborne, that RNG is screwed. 
Edited by YORGOS_PB
typos

15 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

GTAV - Doomsday Heist trophies.

My very first PS4 profile had about 21 games at Platinum, with GTAV being my most played and loved game. The grind against shark cards got to me at times, but I still loved the game. Then they released that DD heist pack and the trophies were all about getting you to buy shark cards, even the way they changed the missions from being in a closed section, to making you do stuff in the freeroam map where arseholes would bomb you just for the sake of it, but also because they knew you would have to keep paying to start the missions. 

Ditched the game and the profile as it made me sick.

Only other game that made me that sick was how Naughty Dog abused the mt's for Uncharted 4 online modes by nerfing the f**k out of your weapons. Since then I haven't touched and never will touch games from Rockstar or Naughty Dog. 

You dont need either trophies for the plat on both these games

Up to now mine is best of the west on rdr2 but im determined to get it after doing everything else.

Dam those gambler challenges

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

You dont need either trophies for the plat on both these games

Up to now mine is best of the west on rdr2 but im determined to get it after doing everything else.

Dam those gambler challenges

Sorry man. I go for the 100%. Platinums are pointless but I should often get 100% confused with getting a platinum. Owned the 360 for a long time and got used to concentrating on completions lol. 

• Like 4

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1143-the-lord-of-the-rings-war-in-the-north/5-strength-of-our-alliance

I hate online trophies so much, and that trophy is so glitchy and annoying, I just lack the patience.

47 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

The challenges in Vanquish. I just suck at the game.

Same here dude, same  here...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/503-vanquish/50-tactical-challenger

That challenge 6 is too much for my anxiety and ADHD. Too many things happening around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Sorry man. I go for the 100%. Platinums are pointless but I should often get 100% confused with getting a platinum. Owned the 360 for a long time and got used to concentrating on completions lol. 

Fair enough dude

Hate it when i 100 percent a game then the dlc trophies are a pain in the ass to prevent 100 percent completion. Both of games you mentioned have prevented me from doing that

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

Previously it was I Regrow Nothing from Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD, but I got it recently after going back to the game years later. Sidenote, don't ever play this for the plat, that trophy and others are notoriously glitchy and is the reason why the platinum is so rare. I had to replay the game 5-6 times for that trophy alone.

Now it's Life is Precious! and All Swords Obtained! from 3D Dot Game Heroes. I gave up on those insane times for the dash races, a patch was released to make them a little easier, but EU version never got it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Try Devil May Cry 5. Beating Hell and Hell with S rank on every level. Anyone who can do that deserves a fucking shrine.

Tbf though, even if I was interested in the DMC series, I’d still go for the Platinum regardless of how difficult it may be. I’ll get it eventually no matter how long it takes. That’s the kind of determination I have for challenges ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

Tbf though, even if I was interested in the DMC series, I’d still go for the Platinum regardless of how difficult it may be. I’ll get it eventually no matter how long it takes. That’s the kind of determination I have for challenges 1f601.png

Trust me if you are not a god at the combo playstyle of DMC you won't get it. In Hell and Hell mode you die in one hit and not only do you need to actually survive you need to get an S rank on every chapter which means high rank combos, never taking damage (as that will kill you) etc. This is truly for god players only.