That one trophy that prevented you from getting the platinum....

Cloudbahamut

Two in Labyrinth x Labyrinth

Finish the Item Compendium and Get 3 Ultra Rares in 1 run

I have shit luck and no matter how many runs i did i never got 3 ultra rares, and i can't find any sort of item compendium on the internet so i just have to randomly enter dungeons and pray i get a few of the materials i'm missing

I'll go back and get the plat some day

The Hail to the King trophy for Final Fantasy IX took me more than a year of trying and giving up. Eventually got it tho.

The one that i gave up definitevly is Great Phantom Thieves Convene for Persona 5. Maxing all confidants to 10. The only one left was the moon confidant at 9/10 and somehow i couldn't get it in two playthroughs so i gave up since the game takes about 80-100h to complete

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xSingedStahpPls said:

The Hail to the King trophy for Final Fantasy IX took me more than a year of trying and giving up. Eventually got it tho.

The one that i gave up definitevly is Great Phantom Thieves Convene for Persona 5. Maxing all confidants to 10. The only one left was the moon confidant at 9/10 and somehow i couldn't get it in two playthroughs so i gave up since the game takes about 80-100h to complete

I've made a different mistake related to Mishima, not taking one of his requests on time, that made me play a 3rd time so I feel your pain...

And after all of that bullcrap I had to deal with Golden Finger.

GTA Vice City’s “Done It All” trophy, for getting 100% in the game.

At some point during my play through I decided I wanted to see if the cheats from the PS2 version of the game worked so I input one and nothing happened, I assumed this just meant the cheats didn’t work and thought nothing of it.

Unfortunately, while some of the old cheats don’t do anything, they still count as imputing a cheat code, so it voided me from getting the 100% despite getting all the collectibles and doing all the miscellaneous tasks.

I never went back to replay the game and maybe I never will.

4 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Try Devil May Cry 5. Beating Hell and Hell with S rank on every level. Anyone who can do that deserves a fucking shrine.

I'll have one of those thank you very much xD

Jokes aside, Trial Athlete from Ultra Street Fighter 4. If I get that one it's a guaranteed platinum (both titles and icons trophies are dependant on that one). I only need to awaken my Ultra Instinct and all the other anime powers in order to do those crazy Capcom quality combos. 

Edited by Copanele

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

It would’ve been Batman Arkham Knight to do the combo moves without getting hit or failing, luckily someone helped me with it via Shareplay... ?

Yeah that is the one trophy I am missing in AK as well. I hate this flawless combo shit in the Arkham games. I am really more of a Predator Batman player.

I have see a lot of people are mentioning games where there are missing several trophies for the plat. Well I was only talking about games where you are one trophy away from the plat. I actually have quite a few games where I am only 2 or 3 trophies away from the plat.

Like Arkham Asylum and City where I am only missing the damn combat challenge trophies. Or Tomb Raider and Last of Us where I am only missing the online trophies.

I really fucking HATE online trophies in single player oriented games. They need to drop that shit.

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I'll have one of those thank you very much xD

Jokes aside, Trial Athlete from Ultra Street Fighter 4. If I get that one it's a guaranteed platinum (both titles and icons trophies are dependant on that one). I only need to awaken my Ultra Instinct and all the other anime powers in order to do those crazy Capcom quality combos. 

if you really did the plat of DMC 5 then you certainly should get one. Mad respect. Unless you were just joking :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

if you really did the plat of DMC 5 then you certainly should get one. Mad respect. Unless you were just joking :P

Nope no joke, got all entries in the series on both PS3 and PS4, DMC5 included. Mad in love with DMC but yeah... Wasn't easy :D

Another entry so it won't be an empty "bragging" comment... Trials in Skullgirls 2nd encore. Same situation as USF4, need thumb enhancement for those xD

NHL 17 - Can't get the 'special event' trophy because they stopped doing them after the 1st year the game was out - 98%

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Couldn't stand replaying all the missions again to get gold on them.  Still might try again someday - 97%

God of War 3 - Never did Titan play through - 91%

Star Wars The Force Unleashed - There are three trophies I don't have but they are all tied to difficulty.  Need to beat the game on the highest difficulty - 90%

Prince of Persia Two Thrones - Haven't beat the game without dying.  I hate trophies like this - 90%

Arkham Asylum - Two trophies, but they are both related to the combat challenges.  Worst part of those games for sure - 88%

Just now, JaneAusten69 said:

NHL 17 - Can't get the 'special event' trophy because they stopped doing them after the 1st year the game was out - 98%

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Couldn't stand replaying all the missions again to get gold on them.  Still might try again someday - 97%

God of War 3 - Never did Titan play through - 91%

Star Wars The Force Unleashed - There are three trophies I don't have but they are all tied to difficulty.  Need to beat the game on the highest difficulty - 90%

Prince of Persia Two Thrones - Haven't beat the game without dying.  I hate trophies like this - 90%

Arkham Asylum - Two trophies, but they are both related to the combat challenges.  Worst part of those games for sure - 88%

There is actually a glitch in God of War 3 that can be used which makes Kratos immune to damage. The thing that really sucks are the Challenges in the GoW games.

• Like 1

Just now, Cloudbahamut said:

There is actually a glitch in God of War 3 that can be used which makes Kratos immune to damage. The thing that really sucks are the Challenges in the GoW games.

Yeah I think I read about that.  I'm pretty sure there's also one I could use for Star Wars too.

The GOW challenges are tough but there usually aren't that many.  For me that's less intimidating than a whole nother play through.

Battlefield V - Globetrotter trophy is broken. Platinum is unobtainable until they patch it. You have to play a round of conquest on the 8 launch maps. However, on a recent patch (May or June 2020), they changed the Twisted Steel map from UK vs. Germany to the US vs. Germany. It no longer recognizes it as a launch map due to this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dodolis said:

Uncharted drakes fortune - crushing difficulty , aint even gonna attempt , I know its possible and not the hardest but its really not worth getting upset over.  

Hotline miami - get a life (A rank on each chapter) didnt feel like trying , enjoyed the game and felt like I wanted to leave it on that note. 

Ashen - children of sissna (hard mode) me mate pussied out and I didnt have the strength to go at it alone

Dude you literally have a plat in GTA IV. I say go for Drake's Fortune crushing is really easy, just activate the tweaks and have a go 

• Like 1

DOOM 2 - 9Sb785f4.png When I'm With You - (Beat every level on Nightmare in co-operative mode)

For such an old and classic game to get a trophy like this is a major kick in the nuts.

This trophy is utterly terrible. Any old DOOM veteran knows that in Nightmare difficulty, enemies constantly respawn and projectiles such as the Imp fireballs move much faster than they do on Ultra Violence difficulty.

The real bitch is the co-op mode. It is couch co-op, just like the old days of gaming, but having to squint at a small screen is not fun. Nightmare is bad enough on it's own, but if I recall correctly you can still make saves on Nightmare in single player. In multiplayer couch co-op? You cannot.

There is so much shit going on you will probably die 10,000 times or more just trying to get through all the levels (1 - 30). All of the new enemies in DOOM 2 (Chaingunners, Revenants, Pain Elementals, Hell Knights, Arachnotrons, Mancubus, Arch Viles) make the experience much worse. Chaingunners literally kill you in a second or two if you let them. Arachnotrons are extremely deadly with their fast projectiles, Pain Elementals are major blockades, Mancubus are basically a giant bullet sponge, and Revenants with their homing missiles are just a nightmare to deal with. Last but not least, Arch Viles are extremely fast and revive dead enemies, as if the constant respawning on Nightmare wasn't enough.

The game throws enemies constantly. DOOM 2 has a much more complex and difficult level layout system than the original DOOM did. Beating every level in Nightmare in co-operative mode in DOOM 1 was so much easier. No idea why these idiots had to throw in a trophy for beating Nightmare difficulty in co-op for DOOM 2.

Then to make matters worse, one of the patch updates made it where you cannot pause in Nightmare Co-op. Framerate was also increased to 60 frames per second, which now means you have to be a lot faster and quicker to dodge projectiles and avoid getting killed. Someone here on PSNProfiles said Levels 27 - 29 were such a royal pain in the ass he had to downgrade to an earlier version of DOOM 2, so he can have the lower frame rate and the pause option.

I cannot stress how much of a pain in the ass this trophy is. Been stuck in the Hell levels for a long time now. I got everything done back in October 2019, and this is the one trophy preventing me from getting the platinum.

It's far from impossible, but I feel that I may have to spend a solid 20 - 40 hours trying to beat these last few levels on Nightmare. What a joke.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Gravity Rush Remastered - All That Glitters - I'm terrible at the speed run challenges.

Assassin's Creed III - Wolves for Lambs - No one is using the online DLC maps, so can't get 100%.

inFamous First Light - Beta Rescue Diamond - I was so close once. I just have problems taking out the Brutes.

Goat Simulator - The Flapmaster - Flappy Goat? More like Crappy Goat. :P

BioShock Infinite - Auld Lang Syne/Scavenger Hunt - I just don't know if I'm good enough to finish the Hard Run. ?

Resident Evil 2 - Grim Reaper - I'll try it again soon.

Ratchet & Clank - Faster than a Speeding Amoeboid - How? How? ?

Control - Star Performance - I just can't heal near the end of it. DLC mission.

11 hours ago, Herbset said:

Dude you literally have a plat in GTA IV. I say go for Drake's Fortune crushing is really easy, just activate the tweaks and have a go 

My friend... my brother... have you never played an old game with janky controlls which constantly pissed you off ? 

See uncharted drakes fortune IS VERY FIRST GAME in which I DIED IN A CUTSCENE. 

Not much point in takin a piss for a silly trophy , this game has some of the worst 100% accuracy +80 damage enemies and that level with water mobile ? I just dont have enough luck to beat that one on crushed guaranteed.

Personal Decorator: Call of Duty Black Ops III

Pain. Complete the game on Veteran, without dying. Get ALL weapons, camos, CyberCore upgrades, and the combat simulator...

I thought I made progress recently on the combat immersion (get 35,000 points, basically all the waves without dying). This took longer than I'd like to admit, we're talking years... Then I realised you have to do it all again on Realistic difficulty. Guess I'll die.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, AstroZziwa said:

Personal Decorator: Call of Duty Black Ops III

Pain. Complete the game on Veteran, without dying. Get ALL weapons, camos, CyberCore upgrades, and the combat simulator...

I thought I made progress recently on the combat immersion (get 35,000 points, basically all the waves without dying). This took longer than I'd like to admit, we're talking years... Then I realised you have to do it all again on Realistic difficulty. Guess I'll die.

Oh yeah this shitty game with it's shitty trophies, I know what you're talking about. Finishing the game on realistic gave me the chills. Terrible. But hey I got one little good news for you. There actually is a glitch that makes immersion very easy. See video in spoiler:

Spoiler

• Like 2