That one trophy that prevented you from getting the platinum....

Cloudbahamut

12 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

DMC5 is a hard plat but its honestly not as bad as it seems.

Its one of those games that just requires skill.

But your going to be playing tru it so many times that getting good is pretty much guernteed.

Such a rewarding game.

It would not be so insanely hard if you only had to beat the game on Hell and Hell. It still requires a lot of skill for sure just to actually make it throught but it could be doable.

But having to beat Hell and Hell with an S rank on every chapter is just insane. That requires some serious pro-level combo skills which you won't acquire simply by beating the game several times. I have been playing DMC for nearly 20 years and even platinumed DMC 3 twice but I am really not a combo master and getting S rank on every level on a difficulty where you die in one hit is absolutely impossible for me to do. To be honest, I can't even make it through Hell and Hell. I have cleared every other mode and did everything legit - but Hell and Hell is where I just have to accept my limitations.

11 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

I saw your profile and you have the DMC3 platinum trophy, can I answer you.... between DMD mode on DMC1 and DMC3... which is harder? I beat DMC1 on DMD and Im finishing on the second dmc that is really easy, and then I move on to the third one which is tough but I never played the DMD mode on PS2.

Im playing DMC2 with NA version. I think 5 hours of a boring combat worth it for the plat xDDD. I dont know if you can stack items so in case you are near to die, yo will not have to start from the very beggining. 

DMC 1 is way way harder. I have never been able to beat DMD in that game.

In DMC 3 you can use the very first chapter to replay over and over to farm orbs and max out your skills and weapons very quickly. maxing out the health bar is also very recommended. You can also use orbs to buy Vital Stars and Devil Stars so I was making sure that I had like at least 10 of each before each level. Once you beat Very hard you get the super costumes which give you infinite DT (though DT does not regenerate health anymore with these costumes - that's where the vital stars become so important).

Beating the game on DMD then give you the Super Sparda/Nelo Angelo costumes which not only gives you infinite DT but also health regeneration during DT. basically these costumes make you completely invincible. Using them on Bloody Palace mode then turns that mode into a complete joke hahaha. It's fun as hell though.

the really annoying thing is that you have to beat each mode first before unlocking the next so you have to beat the game four times to get the Super Sparda (or five times if starting on easy).

Oh and be super careful with your save files. If you play as Vergil and accidentally overwrite your save file as Dante all of your progress with Dante is completely gone. This happened to me a bunch of times because I didn't pay attention for a moment. Especially if you already have beaten the game on Very Hard and unlocked the super costume only to lose everything because you accidentally overwrote your Dante save with your Vergil save.....yeah it really makes you wanna kill yourself lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

It would not be so insanely hard if you only had to beat the game on Hell and Hell. It still requires a lot of skill for sure just to actually make it throught but it could be doable.

But having to beat Hell and Hell with an S rank on every chapter is just insane. That requires some serious pro-level combo skills which you won't acquire simply by beating the game several times. I have been playing DMC for nearly 20 years and even platinumed DMC 3 twice but I am really not a combo master and getting S rank on every level on a difficulty where you die in one hit is absolutely impossible for me to do. To be honest, I can't even make it through Hell and Hell. I have cleared every other mode and did everything legit - but Hell and Hell is where I just have to accept my limitations.

In DMC 3 you can use the very first chapter to replay over and over to farm orbs and max out your skills and weapons very quickly. maxing out the health bar is also very recommended. You can also use orbs to buy Vital Stars and Devil Stars so I was making sure that I had like at least 10 of each before each level. Once you beat Very hard you get the super costumes which give you infinite DT (though DT does not regenerate health anymore with these costumes - that's where the vital stars become so important).

Beating the game on DMD then give you the Super Sparda/Nelo Angelo costumes which not only gives you infinite DT but also health regeneration during DT. basically these costumes make you completely invincible. Using them on Bloody Palace mode then turns that mode into a complete joke hahaha. It's fun as hell though.

the really annoying thing is that you have to beat each mode first before unlocking the next so you have to beat the game four times to get the Super Sparda (or five times if starting on easy).

Oh and be super careful with your save files. If you play as Vergil and accidentally overwrite your save file as Dante all of your progress with Dante is completely gone. This happened to me a bunch of times because I didn't pay attention for a moment. Especially if you already have beaten the game on Very Hard and unlocked the super costume only to lose everything because you accidentally overwrote your Dante save with your Vergil save.....yeah it really makes you wanna kill yourself lol

Sure I will prefer Dante and don't bother my self with ton of save files. (Im currently playing Kingdom Hearts BBS and I have 3 separete save files for each character so I will play with dante all the time. So I guess that if you get stuck in one chapter you can farm orbs, save and then buy items in the power up menu? Oh yes that costumes make the platinum run really easy... so DMD in DMC1 seems harder, I wouldnt repeat that game in that mode in my whole life again jajaja. Although I kept all my items from my Normal amd Hard run for DMD, I remember praying on the PS2 when I was a child back in 2009 trying to beat the game on Hard! And this year I did it and in DMD xDDD

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

Don't forget Mein Leben from Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

With the skill and talent you have displayed on your profile, Mein Leben has me feeling a little worried.

16 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I’m not worried about Mein Leben. 

I've no doubt you'll manage Mein Leben just fine (actually, either one of you) - it's funny how the other day I caught quite a bit of @Floriiss streaming his (successful as it turned out) Mein Leben playthrough on twitch and two days later he already 100%-ed the other version of the game - but it's probably smart to do it back-to-back (his vod is still available on his twitch channel, Mein Leben took him less than 4 hours).

2 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

Sure I will prefer Dante and don't bother my self with ton of save files. (Im currently playing Kingdom Hearts BBS and I have 3 separete save files for each character so I will play with dante all the time. So I guess that if you get stuck in one chapter you can farm orbs, save and then buy items in the power up menu? Oh yes that costumes make the platinum run really easy... so DMD in DMC1 seems harder, I wouldnt repeat that game in that mode in my whole life again jajaja. Although I kept all my items from my Normal amd Hard run for DMD, I remember praying on the PS2 when I was a child back in 2009 trying to beat the game on Hard! And this year I did it and in DMD xDDD

Actually you HAVE to beat the game with both Dante and Vergil for the platinum (Also Vergil has a very different fighting style and weapons. He has actually the coolest weapon in the whole series - Yamato) so just make sure you have two different save files for each of them and don't overwrite their files and you will be fine.

I was never able to get Super or Nelo costumes with Vergil because the game is much harder with him. This is mostly because Vergil does not have the double jump (having a teleport skill instead) which also makes many of the Challenges (that you beat for blue orb fragments to max out the health bar) much much harder with Vergil. I actually like Vergil better then Dante but without double jump and some of Dantes skills I just can't beat the challenges which means I can't max out Vergils health and without maxed out health it's very very difficult beating DMD. Thankfully you don't need to get Vergils super costume for the plat. The only thing you really have to do with him is beat the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

I find that when it comes to needing to be very combo heavy, you gotta be that way playing Nero.

Unlike V or Dante, Nero has no real cheap gimicks to speak of, so you have to legit clear whole missions falwlessly.

Or take no more then 2hits with high style.

V you can just spam(pretty much that is what his gameplay is about) Tho the mission vs the hourse and the mini boss rush are legit hard in HAH.

For Dante you can trivalize the hell out of some of the hardest missions using Dr.Frust Red Hot Night move(the one that requires charging the attack vis Red Orbs to deal damage) 

Still is a hard plat, but the game gives you lots of tricks to work with.

I think you should go back and give it another good o' collage man, you already went tru DMD mode so you can 100% clear HAH all S Ranks if you stick with it yo.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I find that when it comes to needing to be very combo heavy, you gotta be that way playing Nero.

Unlike V or Dante, Nero has no real cheap gimicks to speak of, so you have to legit clear whole missions falwlessly.

Or take no more then 2hits with high style.

V you can just spam(pretty much that is what his gameplay is about) Tho the mission vs the hourse and the mini boss rush are legit hard in HAH.

For Dante you can trivalize the hell out of some of the hardest missions using Dr.Frust Red Hot Night move(the one that requires charging the attack vis Red Orbs to deal damage) 

Still is a hard plat, but the game gives you lots of tricks to work with.

I think you should go back and give it another good o' collage man, you already went tru DMD mode so you can 100% clear HAH all S Ranks if you stick with it yo.

No thank you. I am not the Dark Souls-type masochistic player lol. I don't need plat trophies at all costs when it means I have to essentially suffer through a game to the point where it is zero fun and just a frustrating chore. I got better things to do with my time. I am not a fan of high difficulties in games and am not the type of player who needs it as hard as possible to feel rewarded. Just not my thing.

So no I will not do HAH. I might as well just eat razorblades cause that would be as much fun as S ranking all HAH missions, YO.

Edited by Cloudbahamut

1 hour ago, Cloudbahamut said:

No thank you. I am not the Dark Souls-type masochistic player lol. I don't need plat trophies at all costs when it means I have to essentially suffer through a game to the point where it is zero fun and just a frustrating chore. I got better things to do with my time. I am not a fan of high difficulties in games and am not the type of player who needs it as hard as possible to feel rewarded. Just not my thing.

So no I will not do HAH. I might as well just eat razorblades cause that would be as much fun as S ranking all HAH missions, YO.

I feel like you took that just slightly too offentive tbh, yo. lol

3 years and i'm still trying ..

Hatsune miku project diva X (Event Organizer

it needs you to play every song on every difficulty + three extra difficulties with challenges for each song ...

i finished EVERY song on every difficulty except "the ultimate medley" with the 3rd challenge (triple threat) (finished it on "extreme" and on everything except that one only with the challenges )  

if you want , search it up on youtube "Hatsune miku the ultimate medley triple threat"

need to get 211k score to pass it and my hands just can't keep up (150k to 160k on this) (normal extreme i got to 190k)

i went back to it a while ago to finish everything else ... but this only trophy i'll try my best to get , but i'm not so sure...

it's ridiculous to say it but it's true ... i feel not winning at this song ruined my life , i feel chained , disgust everytime i remember it 

my hands can't keep up with this speed , around 2/4 of the song and i need to pause it so i can feel my finger again.. after trying for 2 times my body is tired to the point that i need to sleep (i'm not joking) ... i hope whoever thought it would be a good idea to put this hell into a trophy to be put in my shoes and feel constant pain for as long as it takes me to get this 

i'll just continue to grind everything else in the game and keep spamming this song until i remember where every note is .. i think this is the only way ..

this is by far the only thing in my whole life that i told myself this : "even if i keep on trying it's not going to improve" after trying for a day (3 years ago) 

after that i wasted 3 years without doing anything in my life.. now i'm finally get back to school i would like to at least finish this ,so i can "break" this chain. 

10 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I've no doubt you'll manage Mein Leben just fine (actually, either one of you) - it's funny how the other day I caught quite a bit of @Floriiss streaming his (successful as it turned out) Mein Leben playthrough on twitch and two days later he already 100%-ed the other version of the game - but it's probably smart to do it back-to-back (his vod is still available on his twitch channel, Mein Leben took him less than 4 hours).

@Floriiss is a fucking beast. The guy is naturally talented. Far more skill and dedication than I possess. 

He’s also still young, around his mid 20s and I saw his real life picture. Looks like he does a bit of outdoor activity as a hobby.

He definitely has good reflexes, and to be good at FPS fast reflexes are basically a necessity. Not sure about Wolfenstein though.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, Fr_0zt said:

Mein Leben on Wolf2.  I managed to get to mid game a couple times but kept on getting killed through walls and having the game crash many times finally made me throw the towel.  If the game was actually good like the other two, I think I would still try but nope, the only thing good about this one are graphics and sound. 

Fuck this trash game, trophy and the people that came up with it. 

Know what, I can look past most of its faults, the insane difficulty spikes, the inferior gameplay compared to TNO, the glitches etc. What I can't look past is the unskippable cutscenes at the start. In my opinion when you boot up Mein Leben mode it should just start the game after the bit where Caroline gets her head cut off. Everything before that is completely unnecessary to anyone whose already played the game as it's just nonsense plot stuff.

Getting killed on ML is soul destroying enough, but then having to sit through all that again is just salt on the wound.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

WWE 2K16 -  Purchase all abilities

approximately a 60+ hours grind, no thank you

Yeah grind trophies are among the worst trophies there is (besides annoying minigames and insane difficulties). Like in the PS3 plat of Resident Evil Revelations with killing 10.000 enemies and get to Lv.50 which is an insane, mindnumbing grind that just nearly drives you insane lol

I platted almost every Final Fantasy game as well but one plat I couldn't get was FF IX because it had exactly those kind of trophies that I hate more then anything - killing thousands of enemies and those damn minigames like doing 1000 consecutive rope jumps. Even completing the whole sphere grid with every character on FF X was not this bad though that insane Pull ups trophy in FF VIIR came close.

But yeah there is little that is more joyless and coma-inducing in video games then having to grind for endless hours. It's nothing but a chore and has zero to do with either fun, challenge or skill.

• Like 1

Starting to hate Judgement now. Working on the 100% completion as per usual but the Puyo Puyo completion requirement is driving me mental. 3 days and I can get any closer to unlock the last random character I need to beat. 

Back at work tomorrow and so I won't be wasting evening trying to unlock this when I have just been slogging my back out at work all day. There's only so much tedious shite I can put up with in a day lol. 

@Cloudbahamut FFX. Two words... Chocobo race... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! 121 attempts that took me. I think I went mental at one point. Only reason I stuck with it is because each attempt is only about 30 seconds long, but waiting for the RNG to use the correct layout and then even failing that was stomach wrenching. 

13 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

@Cloudbahamut FFX. Two words... Chocobo race... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! 121 attempts that took me. I think I went mental at one point. Only reason I stuck with it is because each attempt is only about 30 seconds long, but waiting for the RNG to use the correct layout and then even failing that was stomach wrenching. 

Everyone always brings up the Chocobo Race in FF X as their most hated trophy lol

But I honestly never found it to be that bad or frustrating. I usually need about 30 attempts or so. There are also some good videos out there that help a lot. Because it really follows one distinct pattern and you can anticipate where and when the birds will appear and when best to dodge in which direction. The only annoying thing is the RNG layout for the balloons (and the wonky controls). You need a bit of luck there.

But it was honestly never that bad for me. I take the chocobo race over that fucking rope jumping in FF IX any day.

Edited by Cloudbahamut

53 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Everyone always brings up the Chocobo Race in FF X as their most hated trophy lol

But I honestly never found it to be that bad or frustrating. I usually need about 30 attempts or so. There are also some good videos out there that help a lot. Because it really follows one distinct pattern and you can anticipate where and when the birds will appear and when best to dodge in which direction. The only annoying thing is the RNG layout for the balloons (and the wonky controls). You need a bit of luck there.

But it was honestly never that bad for me. I take the chocobo race over that fucking rope jumping in FF IX any day.

I think in total there was about 5 layouts, 2 being that you couldn't do them if you took one hit as there wasn't enough balloon to cancel out the hit, and then the rest was a mixture of having more balloons and what not. I remember it was all about the starting balloons and if there were 5-6 on that starting straight then that was the run you could be successful the most on. 

Lightning was dog shit though. I can understand the weapon unlock behind it, thats fine. But this in no way should have been a trophy as its a complete fucktard of a move on the devs behalf to implement such a thing. 

Decided to call it a day on Judgement with that Puyo Puyo game. Never in my wildest purchases would I buy a game like Puyo Puyo, so for it to be the one thing which wrecks my completion streak is annoying as fuck. Wanted to get 50 games done before calling it quits on gaming, but fuck it. This only adds further reason to call it a day. 

14 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I think in total there was about 5 layouts, 2 being that you couldn't do them if you took one hit as there wasn't enough balloon to cancel out the hit, and then the rest was a mixture of having more balloons and what not. I remember it was all about the starting balloons and if there were 5-6 on that starting straight then that was the run you could be successful the most on. 

Lightning was dog shit though. I can understand the weapon unlock behind it, thats fine. But this in no way should have been a trophy as its a complete fucktard of a move on the devs behalf to implement such a thing. 

Decided to call it a day on Judgement with that Puyo Puyo game. Never in my wildest purchases would I buy a game like Puyo Puyo, so for it to be the one thing which wrecks my completion streak is annoying as fuck. Wanted to get 50 games done before calling it quits on gaming, but fuck it. This only adds further reason to call it a day. 

The Lightning dodging is so super easy to do. For the life of me I just don't understand why people find that so hard and frustrating. There is one place in the Thunder Plains where the lightning will always hit at the exact same spot. So all you gotta do is move in, dodge, move in, dodge etc. and just stay in that rythm. I always get that at first try. I think one time I even did like 500 dodges just for the fun of it lol.

"A leap of faith" in batman arkham knight.This trophy is not hard but buggy or badly designed.No matter how many jumps I do I can't get this trophy.And even if I get this trophy there's still Brutality 101 which is absolutely impossible for me to do.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 0:51 PM, Burak_Emir said:

"A leap of faith" in batman arkham knight.This trophy is not hard but buggy or badly designed.No matter how many jumps I do I can't get this trophy.And even if I get this trophy there's still Brutality 101 which is absolutely impossible for me to do.

Getting the ‘Perfect Shot’ trophy was a pain. 

Brutality 101 I got fairly quickly. The Community Challenge DLC took a long time to finish. 

Now I got the DLC challenges in Batman: Arkham City.