Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

No idea where to post this, so if it is incorrect to post here I apologize. Please move where needed. 

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/suikoden-creators-announce-rpg-eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes-for-ps5-xbox-series-x-switch-and-pc

New kickstarter announced by the creators of Suikoden! Super pumped about this and wanted to share in case there are others like me that love that series. Kickstarter opens on 7/27 9am pst. 

• Like 3

Well, it’s safe to say this Kickstarter has been a huge success. So happy to see the outpouring of support for the creators of Suikoden, which in my opinion is the best JRPG series of all time. Here is a link to the Kickstarter page in case anyone would like to do more research:

Cheers!

Edited by Spoat

I read about Eiyuden and it looks great! and probably the story will be great since are the same developers from Suikoden I and II. Also the feauters are 100% Suikoden, so this new IP is in reality another Suikoden but with another name.

Edited by AlchemistWer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

A suikoden collection/remaster/port/next game in series has been on my wishlist forever.  It's still 2 and a half years away though

Perhaps once Konami sees the support this is getting they will dust off the series and give us a collection of remasters. I’d rather them not take a stab at a new game though, seeing what they did to Metal Gear.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2020 at 8:10 AM, Spoat said:

Perhaps once Konami sees the support this is getting they will dust off the series and give us a collection of remasters. 

It's the dream! Further, it's not so far fetched. After all, once Bloodstained got the green light, we got not one, but two castlevania collections. 

But however this turns out, I'm excited for a new Suikoden-like title. 

On 7/29/2020 at 2:46 AM, AlchemistWer said:

I read about Eiyuden and it looks great! and probably the story will be great since are the same developers from Suikoden I and II. Also the feauters are 100% Suikoden, so this new IP is in reality another Suikoden but with another name.

I mean, honestly, the picture might as well be Suikoden:

Suikoden-Fans-Break-Kickstarter-Backing-

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

They announced a companion game, but for an extra $7. Not a good way to end a very successful kickstarter imo

I didn't see anything in the final stretch goals to suggest that the companion game would be free. I do agree that it's kind of lame to collect money for another game from a kickstarter, but they were relatively up front about it.

15 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I didn't see anything in the final stretch goals to suggest that the companion game would be free. I do agree that it's kind of lame to collect money for another game from a kickstarter, but they were relatively up front about it.

when you reach a stretch goal, it means you’ve already funded the goal, no? I’m not sure how it works. maybe they’re charging for the distribution of the game? not sure. then again, we got Bloodstained Curse of the Moon for free

anyway, I think the timing was bad, it was like a kickstarter within a kickstarter, and it came on the last day

maybe they should’ve waited until we ‘SEE’ something from this new game before asking us for more? 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...