Sony Sending PSN Cash Via PS4 Notifications

My two accounts received precisely jack and shit. Maybe they're pissed that I already got over $200 in PSN credit out of them via Sony Rewards trophy passes, back when that was a thing.

I actually did get one of these $10 messages a few years ago, though. I believe it was during the month of December.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is true as Sony haven’t officially said it themselves but some people on Reddit and Gamefaqs have been saying Sony will only reward you money if you have been a Plus member for 10 whole years consistently with no months where you let your Plus lapse.

Luckily I got it yesterday morning. Going to add it to one of the summer sale deals. Have been a plus member for nine years if anyone is trying to figure out how Sony is handing these out.

1 hour ago, usapro2017 said:

Not sure if this is true as Sony haven’t officially said it themselves but some people on Reddit and Gamefaqs have been saying Sony will only reward you money if you have been a Plus member for 10 whole years consistently with no months where you let your Plus lapse.

54 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

It definitely has something to do with being a member for a certain amount of time. How much that is? I have no idea. However, if anyone here gets the reward please share how long you've consistently been a PS Plus member.

Is not that, I've been on PSN+ since day 1, no relapses, no gaps, no nothing... And I didn't received anything...

9 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I lose nothing by not getting this, so I shouldn't be upset but... it does sting when you keep seeing people around you get these cool random promotions and stuff and Sony doesn't want to give you shit xD

Why can't I also have nice things.

It's even worse if you think about it, they contradict themselves by saying they want to thank us for using PS+ by picking random members with a random timespan of subscription so far.

IIRC some people had troubles getting the PS4 themes during their anniversary event a couple months ago and Sony never seemed to address that much. 

When it comes to celebratory community events, they really suck butt at properly distributing both information and gifts.

7 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Giving it to every ps plus member would mean giving away $400 million in store credit. No way Sony is doing that.

Which costs them… nothing (in real money, since they are not giving away cash). Sure, they could potentially lose $400M, if every PS+ member was to buy a $10 game or getting $10 off a purchase. At least that's how I see it.

• Like 1

There’s so many criteria as to who is eligible, but Sony is being intentionally vague.

It’s just $10, but it’s also the message behind it. This was supposed to be “celebratory”, but judging by the thread, it has bummed out more people than made them happy. 

Happy to report I got absolutely nothing! :) 

• Like 3

It was such a mediocre gift for a 10 year annyversary even if they send that ammount to every account that I assumed it'd be send to everyone, but I guess they aren't. While the ammount is pretty symbolic, there's some games I wanted to 100% already and bury in my profile to forever forget about them, last one was Far Cry 4 that I got as a bundle with my PS4 since I already had played TLoU on PS3 many times, problem is I need to buy the Yeti DLC to 100% it yet I really don't want to spend 15€ on that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I lose nothing by not getting this, so I shouldn't be upset but... it does sting when you keep seeing people around you get these cool random promotions and stuff and Sony doesn't want to give you shit xD

Why can't I also have nice things.

Maybe it's because Sony can't see you? ? 

Seriously though, I hear ya, I never seem to get these things either ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Crimsonfire44 said:

My brother got it and he's never been a psplus member.

My friend got it and he just got psplus for the first time 3 months ago.

I got nothing and I've been a psplus member for 2 ish years...

?!?!?!

Well.. that proves the theory wrong on Reddit/Gamefaqs that

1) You have to have a PlayStation Plus membership and

2)You needed to be a Plus member for 10 consecutive years. 

I have my main US account with Plus membership that I have bought a lot of PSN games on and 2 secondary accounts (UK/JP) with no Plus membership I just created for a couple region exclusives games.

None of my 3 profiles have received Sony credit.

• Like 1