Your not a real trophy hunter unless you have _____ Platinum

ddd49

The Final Fantasy XIII plat. One of the longest and most complicated grinds for one trophy I've ever experienced. Others may show off your skill, this one shows off your patience.

You're really overselling this. Yeah it is a grind but it isnt complicated though. Ive played games that are much more grindy than this, it doesnt even compare to the grind on games like White Knight Chronicles and Star Ocean.

• Like 4

Hannah Montana.

Personally, I think you're a trophy hunter if you enjoy earning trophies and go out of your way to earn trophies. Saying someone isn't a trophy hunter because they haven't played a certain game is pretty ignorant, in my opinion.

Parker

100% agree with this and for that I'm not going to participate in such an ignorant discussion.
  • Like 3

I'm not sure why some people think they should be the ones to define what makes a "Trophy Hunter". Then again the title itself sounds stupid. Something along the lines of "Trophy Enthusiast" sounds much better in my opinion. It's really just if you have an interest in getting the trophies or not, there shouldn't be any limitations on that.

Edited by ExsphereBrawler
  • Like 2

I do agree with some people here he did get it wrong with his idea but he was just asking for people their opinion's i think he was just tryna find out people's proudest and most respected platinum's i kinda feel sorry for the guy he was probably just trying to boost his forum activity its not nice to flame people for their mistakes i bet he is well depressed about the situation  

I think he should have maybe named the topic some where along the lines of

What platinum do you respect the most ?

• Like 1

The Final Fantasy XIII plat. One of the longest and most complicated grinds for one trophy I've ever experienced. Others may show off your skill, this one shows off your patience.

Really? It's just an easy but very long grind and a couple of tricky but not impossible bosses

And I'm not going base my decision on going for certain trophies to become part of some non important reason then just getting trophies that you want to go for.

Not that i have any, but a Guitar Hero platinum is pretty prestigious

Really? GH isn't too ridiculous, its all practice that's it.

Isn't it possible people may just actually enjoy those games? I've played Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 and they were pretty damn fun to me, so to say someone is a trophy whore because of a specific game is wrong, in my opinion. I'd classify a "trophy whore" as someone who no longer cares about the enjoyment of playing a game and cares more about their trophy count. Someone who plays a game purely for trophies even if they hate the game would fit in that category, again, just my opinion. 

Parker

That's not how I look at it. Going for a hard trophy or trying to get all the trophies in a game even if you don't particularly like the game is hardcore hunting imo. If you get a copy of Terminator Salvation because you like Terminator films or just wanna play the game as many people do, then that's not whoring. To me whoring is when you get a game specifically because you know the trophies are easy. Hanna Montana is the poster child for a reason. You can convince me you wanted to play Trine 2 or Terminator, but unless your a prepubescent girl you're gonna have a hard time convincing me you were drawn to Hanna Montana for reason's other than an easy plat. So basically no, people don't actually enjoy that game :P (as someone who's never played it, seen footage, or has really any idea what it's about, but has seen it ridiculed many times, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say I know what I'm talking about here)

• Like 3

The reason trophy whores play Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 is because they're both quick and easy platinums and both have a very high gold trophy counts.

If you're not a trophy whore yourself, don't try and tell me why those games are on their accounts. If you played both because you like both, good for you. You are one of the few.

Take my word because I can assure you that; if you see Terminator Salvation, Trine 2 and Hannah Montana all on the same account, there's a 99.9% chance that that person is a trophy whore.

Other ways to tell are:

- If they have multiple region platinums of the same game (eg. Batman: Arkham Asylum NA, EU and JPN).

- If they have all 5 Back to the Future PSN episodes and Back to the Future: The Game on their account.

• Like 1