Your not a real trophy hunter unless you have _____ Platinum

ddd49

Haha, you guys are looking way too deep into the topic of this thread in my opinion. I think it's just a fun way to say, "hey, this platinum I got is really hard and impressive and I'd like to share my experience about it to you guys."

In which case, I'll say Grand Theft Auto IV  ;)

• Like 2

- If they have multiple region platinums of the same game (eg. Batman: Arkham Asylum NA, EU and JPN).

- If they have all 5 Back to the Future PSN episodes and Back to the Future: The Game on their account.

This  :lol:

Trophy whoring doesn't hurt anyone so let them whore away, who are we to criticize? The fact were discussing this on PSNPROFILES.com tells everyone we have a great interest in trophies.

• Like 1

This  :lol:

Trophy whoring doesn't hurt anyone so let them whore away, who are we to criticize? The fact were discussing this on PSNPROFILES.com tells everyone we have a great interest in trophies.

I tend to disagree.

Trophy hunters are guys who go for trophies...

Trophy Whores are girls who go for trophies...

It's that simple.

• Like 2

The reason trophy whores play Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 is because they're both quick and easy platinums and both have a very high gold trophy counts.

If you're not a trophy whore yourself, don't try and tell me why those games are on their accounts. If you played both because you like both, good for you. You are one of the few.

Take my word because I can assure you that; if you see Terminator Salvation, Trine 2 and Hannah Montana all on the same account, there's a 99.9% chance that that person is a trophy whore.

Other ways to tell are:

- If they have multiple region platinums of the same game (eg. Batman: Arkham Asylum NA, EU and JPN).

- If they have all 5 Back to the Future PSN episodes and Back to the Future: The Game on their account.

I feel like a complete whore right now because I have Trine 2 and Demons's Souls multi region plats :(

I need to get those Back to the future episodes to keep up with the whoring.

Edited by Aexuz
  • Like 1

The reason trophy whores play Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 is because they're both quick and easy platinums and both have a very high gold trophy counts.

If you're not a trophy whore yourself, don't try and tell me why those games are on their accounts. If you played both because you like both, good for you. You are one of the few.

Take my word because I can assure you that; if you see Terminator Salvation, Trine 2 and Hannah Montana all on the same account, there's a 99.9% chance that that person is a trophy whore.

Other ways to tell are:

That would be me! I'm a male trophy whore. And I love it. 

Soon I will have a Triple Platinum.

You are deemed a trophy hunter in my book as long as there is 1 trophy, no matter the type, that you went out of your way to earn. I.E. -- Collectibles or Kills with a certain weapon. Otherwise this turns into a matter of personal opinion and all objectivity gets thrown out the window.

You know what... I think that's the perfect definition for a trophy hunter! Thanks, I needed that! Lol you rock RS :P

I tend to disagree.

Trophy hunters are guys who go for trophies...

Trophy Whores are girls who go for trophies...

It's that simple.

Dude that's discriminating and disrespectfull. Don't say that. Just don't. Okay? Not cool.

This thread...

escalated-quickly-1.jpg?w=500&h=700

e31.jpg

Wow, there's some pretty strong opinions out there on the topic of trophy hunting/whoring. I think we should all take a chill pill and relax. Why is this such a controversial topic lately?

Dude that made my day haha. I want that Shark Knife.  :holy:

• Like 1

I guess the easiest way to look at it would be:

What do actual hunters do? They search for animals and try to get them. They "hunt" them down. They enter the woods looking for them. They get a sense of satisfaction when they get them. They might even display them. :P

What do actual whores do? Disregard everything and everyone in order to satisfy their own desire for self satisfaction. It's like an addiction. It's compulsive. It's a way of life. Many don't like their own life and wish they could make it stop but, by now it's routine. They need their next fix but, they've developed a tolerance level so, the next fix has to be bigger than the last so that they can still feel the rush.

I don't know. I just got up and I'm groggy. Think people; "hunter" and "whore".

/thread

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

none of you can honestly turn around and say that you haven't done certain games that are known to be easy just to increase your trophy count!. Every one does it if they know there's a plat at the end of it. The easy games aren't necessarily crap, take The Walking Dead for example, a 100% dead cert plat but also a good game. I generally take games as they come, I'm a trophy hunter, I play for fun as well as the trophy count....then again, it's an addiction to hear the platinum ping :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I won't say you're not a trophy hunter, because anyone who actively hunts trophies, and not just randomly get them, deserve that title, but you're a really enthusiastic trophy hunter if you have a completion score of over 95% :) With more than two games played of course. :P

I wish I had a higher completion rate, but the blasted DLC's ruin it. :(

As for a Platinum I'm proud of, I don't really know, maybe the CoD: Black Ops 2 Platinum, since not many have it, and those challenges took me a serious amount of level replays. And bot to mention that Zombies Tower of Babble trophy. >_<

• 2 weeks later...

Aren't trophy whores and hunters the same thing? As in they both do the same thing, they're just two different names, trophy whores hunt platinums too, and if you're going on the logic that they only go for easy platinums then they'd still be trophy hunters, maybe if you referred to them as trophy hunters and big game hunters it wouldn't cause so much confusion. 

Call me crazy, but I personally don't find Terminator Salvation to be straightforward. There's one part of the first level where if I try to proceed, then I get killed. I'd rather go for the trophies from the types of games that I enjoy playing and am also more accustomed to. But, I still consider myself a trophy hunter.

Aren't trophy whores and hunters the same thing? As in they both do the same thing, they're just two different names, trophy whores hunt platinums too, and if you're going on the logic that they only go for easy platinums then they'd still be trophy hunters, maybe if you referred to them as trophy hunters and big game hunters it wouldn't cause so much confusion. 

Are these:

Prisma-2.jpg

600px-Jumanji_USAS_04.jpg

the same thing? I didn't think so.

• Like 3

I think the confusion surrounding the question being asked is the mix up between trophy hunter and trophy whore.

Trophy hunters can have whatever trophies they want.

Trophy whores have specific trophies/platinums (eg. Hannah Montana, Terminator Salvation, Trine 2 etc).

oh no...I am a trophy whore =( I played Hannah Montana =(((((((((

• 5 months later...