Your not a real trophy hunter unless you have _____ Platinum

ddd49

I would say a Ultra Rare platinum, some people have a lot of platinums but no ultra plats, they only have easy plats. If you put time into a ultra rare platinum then I respect you.

I'm no trophy hunter but still got an ultra rare plat, The Sims 3, lol.  I don't know if that plat is ultra rare due to it being hard or due to nobody playing it. xD

Edited by -Dark Mark-
  • Like 1

I'm no trophy hunter but still got an ultra rare plat, The Sims 3, lol.  I don't know if that plat is ultra rare due to it being hard or due to nobody playing it. xD

Haven't played but I think its because it may be slightly grindy or tricky for a certain trophy? And it's a popular game where majority of people playing aren't looking at the trophies.

Haven't played but I think its because it may be slightly grindy or tricky for a certain trophy? And it's a popular game where majority of people playing aren't looking at the trophies.

I guess, cause I don't recall any tricky/glitchy trophies. The only one that's a real grind is the 1,000 wishes. 0_0 I am just surprised it is an ultra rare, I thought plat hunters would have been knocking that one down.

Edited by -Dark Mark-

It's kind of hard to name a game that makes someone a 'hunter' because everyone has different tastes in games and styles of play. Some games like Final Fantasy I would never get a platinum in because I would never play those games anyway because I don't see anything interesting in them to me... Soooo.... :shakefist:

Aren't trophy whores and hunters the same thing? As in they both do the same thing, they're just two different names, trophy whores hunt platinums too, and if you're going on the logic that they only go for easy platinums then they'd still be trophy hunters, maybe if you referred to them as trophy hunters and big game hunters it wouldn't cause so much confusion. 

I would rather be called a trophy hunter than a trophy whore. The latter sounds disrespectful. Same way that when girls do not like to be called strippers when they "strip" for entertainment and earn money.

Anyways, for me I would say that you're not a real trophy hunter unless you have either Vanquish or one of the Devil May Cry platinums.

Aren't trophy whores and hunters the same thing? As in they both do the same thing, they're just two different names, trophy whores hunt platinums too, and if you're going on the logic that they only go for easy platinums then they'd still be trophy hunters, maybe if you referred to them as trophy hunters and big game hunters it wouldn't cause so much confusion. 

No. Trophy hunters hunt for trophies in the games they play, but trophy whores buy and play games solely for trophies.

A trophy whore goes for the most trophies possible in the shortest amount of time, just so they can boast the number plats they have. They'll play games they don't like, or even hate, just because it's a quick and easy plat. Some good staples of a trophy whore are games like Hannah Montana and Up(which very few people would play normally), as well as multiple copies of the same game, like the people that have 3+ copies of Sound Shapes, which are almost all auto-popped plats. Another thing that a trophy whore will do is look at the trophy list and make a purchase based on how hard or easy the trophies are.

However a trophy hunter will spend weeks or months playing a single game, and will buy a game if it looks fun, despite how easy or hard the trophy set is.

As for the topic, you're not a real trophy hunter until you... start hunting trophies. If you're actively seeking trophies, then you're a trophy hunter.

• Like 4

In my opinon you're a trophy hunting if you enjoy a game enough that you want to platinum it, I can safely say every game I have platinum I enjoyed, because i'm only bothered to platinum games I enjoy.

I think a good why to judge how much of a trophy hunter you are is your completion rate and the ratio between you trophy count and platinums. I don't get buying a game for the sole purpose of easy trophies and know that you wont enjoy it, because if thats the cause you being something worse than a trophy whore, your showing yout not a gamer :L

No. Trophy hunters hunt for trophies in the games they play, but trophy whores buy and play games solely for trophies.

A trophy whore goes for the most trophies possible in the shortest amount of time, just so they can boast the number plats they have. They'll play games they don't like, or even hate, just because it's a quick and easy plat. Some good staples of a trophy whore are games like Hannah Montana and Up(which very few people would play normally), as well as multiple copies of the same game, like the people that have 3+ copies of Sound Shapes, which are almost all auto-popped plats. Another thing that a trophy whore will do is look at the trophy list and make a purchase based on how hard or easy the trophies are.

However a trophy hunter will spend weeks or months playing a single game, and will buy a game if it looks fun, despite how easy or hard the trophy set is.

As for the topic, you're not a real trophy hunter until you... start hunting trophies. If you're actively seeking trophies, then you're a trophy hunter.

Agreed. But considering our game skills and daily responsibilities are not the same in every gamer it's hard to say that we're 100% right

e.g  Checking the milestones of many games I got stoned about some gamers who beat them in a few hours, I could easily think: This is a trophy whore. How could he/she enjoy the game platinum it in just 8 hours? really? Then i'm going to listen answers like: I've played games my whole life and now vgames are really easy, so investing that (little) amount of hours is enough to beat it and (yes) enjoy it. Etc, etc.

At this time it's really hard for me to plat a game so quickly, having just a few hours per day for playing, but even if i had time i like to take my time to enjoy the game. In that book, maybe i'm not even a trophy hunter hehe.

Agreed. But considering our game skills and daily responsibilities are not the same in every gamer it's hard to say that we're 100% right

e.g  Checking the milestones of many games I got stoned about some gamers who beat them in a few hours, I could easily think: This is a trophy whore. How could he/she enjoy the game platinum it in just 8 hours? really? Then i'm going to listen answers like: I've played games my whole life and now vgames are really easy, so investing that (little) amount of hours is enough to beat it and (yes) enjoy it. Etc, etc.

At this time it's really hard for me to plat a game so quickly, having just a few hours per day for playing, but even if i had time i like to take my time to enjoy the game. In that book, maybe i'm not even a trophy hunter hehe.

I never said that being a trophy hunter meant finishing games quickly. The comment about a trophy hunter spending weeks or months on a game, was a reference to someone who hunts trophies on a hard game that takes a lot of time. As long as you go for trophies, you're a trophy hunter. It's really that simple xD

Good points made so far. People already pointed out the difference between trophy hunters and trophy whores. "Trophy hunters" aspire to gain trophies in games they enjoy and would want to play anyway. Hunters are definitely allowed to care about their stats, and they can certainly play easy games now and then. But it's a matter of having balance between pursuit of stats and enjoying the gaming time. "Trophy whores" will focus primarily on easy games, often ones they don't enjoy (or hate,) simply to raise their stats. Not that people aren't entitled to that way of doing it. I know many self-admitted tropht whores who are also respectable and awesome people. And if going after just easy games for stats alone makes them happy: more power to them.

As for how fast you complete games: there's no easy metric for that. When you really love a game, sometimes it's hard to stop playing. Only certain titles grab me like that, but when they do: all I want to do with my freetime is play the game non-stop (from right after work until bed, on the weekend when I'm not out, etc.) Sometimes that means you'll complete it in a week or two (even if it could normally take longer.) I like when games grab me like that, though. Because usually I'm apathetic and have a hard time getting myself to play anything anymore.

• Like 1

I honestly couldn't care less about which plat is the hardest or how many you need to be known as trophy humter. Gaming is about the fun first and foremost and trophies are just an added bonus that rewards players for showing loyalty and dedication to a game.