Your not a real trophy hunter unless you have _____ Platinum

ddd49

I'd say you're a real trophy hunter if you have the Infamous platinum. A gamer would probably just play through Infamous twice to play both hero and infamous paths. Only a true trophy hunter would go out of there way hunt down all 350 blast shards as well as complete all the stunts.

Edited by Armstrong Brawl3r

I'd say you're a real trophy hunter if you have the Infamous platinum. A gamer would probably just play through Infamous twice to play both hero and infamous paths. Only a true trophy hunter would go out of there way hunt down all 350 blast shards as well as complete all the stunts.

Yep. Those stunts are the reason I didn't pursue the platinum. 

That's definitely a hunt for sure. The same can be said about Batman AC and the 400 Riddler trophies that need to be found.

That's definitely a hunt for sure. The same can be said about Batman AC and the 400 Riddler trophies that need to be found.

Well, maybe because it was the 1st New game plus that i actually loved, but for me it was easy the platinum for Batman AC and not really a hunt, and those riddler trophies/medals weren't hard to get. Most of them you just needed to pick them up and the game's "open world" was really small.

I think that platinum/trophies more demanding i'd label them as just for enthusiastic trophy hunters, let's say those related with a tough challenge like the Wet's femme fatale, metal gear trophies.

Edited by GoldenShaka

You're not a real trophy hunter if you only play games for easy platinums. Play games you like and worry about platinum difficulty later. Otherwise, you're a trophy whore, not a trophy hunter.

Not really related to the topic's "fill in the blank" thing. I just wanted to point that out anyway.

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 2

Hannah Montana. 

Personally, I think you're a trophy hunter if you enjoy earning trophies and go out of your way to earn trophies. Saying someone isn't a trophy hunter because they haven't played a certain game is pretty ignorant, in my opinion. 

Parker

Aw dang it, you beat me to the punch!

....fun getting the...  < That my friend is what its all about!

Isn't it possible people may just actually enjoy those games? I've played Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 and they were pretty damn fun to me, so to say someone is a trophy whore because of a specific game is wrong, in my opinion. I'd classify a "trophy whore" as someone who no longer cares about the enjoyment of playing a game and cares more about their trophy count. Someone who plays a game purely for trophies even if they hate the game would fit in that category, again, just my opinion. 

Parker

I agree with the majority of what you said there, but "Hannah Montana" tho? Really? I'm sorry but I just find it really hard to believe that that many gamers really have an interest to play "Hannah Montana" and its just a coincidence that its a very easy platinum. I for one don't care how easy it is...something like that would be a huge stigma on my trophy list.

I would say a Ultra Rare platinum, some people have a lot of platinums but no ultra plats, they only have easy plats. If you put time into a ultra rare platinum then I respect you.

So if more people plat that game and the rarity decreases significantly, do you:

a) No longer respect the person you originally saw with the formerly ultra rare plat?

Or

b )  Respect everyone who gets the trophy now?

No matter how you look at it, that's a pretty lame basis of respect because at the end of the day the rarity still doesn't negate the amount of time and effort it took for the platinum to be achieved.

Edited by merciful84

You're not a real trophy hunter if you only play games for easy platinums. Play games you like and worry about platinum difficulty later. Otherwise, you're a trophy whore, not a trophy hunter.

Not really related to the topic's "fill in the blank" thing. I just wanted to point that out anyway.

Mmm no, your opinion, next time don't present it like it's a fact. 

Isn't it possible people may just actually enjoy those games? I've played Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 and they were pretty damn fun to me, so to say someone is a trophy whore because of a specific game is wrong, in my opinion. I'd classify a "trophy whore" as someone who no longer cares about the enjoyment of playing a game and cares more about their trophy count. Someone who plays a game purely for trophies even if they hate the game would fit in that category, again, just my opinion. 

Parker

I also enjoyed Teminator Salvator.I played that game 3 times.One out of interest (i didnt know what trophies were back in 2010 ),one for normal playthrough and one for hard playthrough (i didnt know trophies stack) and I enjoyed it more when I played it for the plat (2 years later).And the only reason I played it is because I got it for free.I have also seen other people play Trine 2 and it seems fun but I still aint gonna buy it.No matter how many gold trophies it has I am not that interested in it yet.I will only buy a game if I like it and most of the games I buy have hard or time consuming plats that i havent earned yet (AvP,Split Second,TLoU etc)

I don't think a specific platinum makes you a trophy hunter... I think going out of your way to get trophies does. Playing games you don't like just to get trophies, you're a trophy hunter.

I play the games I like, or think I will like and get the trophies along the way. Some I finish some I don't. I think I'm more of a collector than a hunter.

You're not a real trophy hunter if you know how to correctly use the words "your" and "you're".  If you know the difference between these two words, you are spending too much time in school and not enough time chasing video game trophies.  Real trophy hunters never use these words properly.  

It was the first Platinum to hit 100,000 achievers if i remember correctly

So? I have platinum's that take a lot more skill and time than that game, oh well guess i'm not a "trophy hunter" then...

You're not a real trophy hunter if you know how to correctly use the words "your" and "you're".  If you know the difference between these two words, you are spending too much time in school and not enough time chasing video game trophies.  Real trophy hunters never use these words properly.  

You can be smart and be skilled as a trophy hunter at the same time. Unless you're joking, in that case I missed it completely.

mfw+i+thought+whovian+meant+people+from+

Grammar nazi