Your not a real trophy hunter unless you have _____ Platinum

ddd49

Well once my friend asked me about The Stick of Truth trophies and I told him I got plat. He's collecting Microsoft's achievements (hah) and he called me a cheater when I told him about using a guide to collect the only two missable Chinpokomons on same playthrough. Earlier I didn't realise you could be a trophy cheater unless you're a hacker haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha. Grammer is the difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Someone has too many trophies, and is not doing enough homework.  Take a course on humor sometime.

Unless you are American you spelled humour wrongly. Also grammar is spelled with an A.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

You're not a real trophy hunter if you only play games for easy platinums. Play games you like and worry about platinum difficulty later. Otherwise, you're a trophy whore, not a trophy hunter.

Not really related to the topic's "fill in the blank" thing. I just wanted to point that out anyway.

this!

play a game because you like it, earn the plat because you love it and absolutely want that last ding. not to say easy plats aren't fun, but too many games and too little time to play just for trophies....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The reason trophy whores play Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 is because they're both quick and easy platinums and both have a very high gold trophy counts.

If you're not a trophy whore yourself, don't try and tell me why those games are on their accounts. If you played both because you like both, good for you. You are one of the few.

Take my word because I can assure you that; if you see Terminator Salvation, Trine 2 and Hannah Montana all on the same account, there's a 99.9% chance that that person is a trophy whore.

Other ways to tell are:

- If they have multiple region platinums of the same game (eg. Batman: Arkham Asylum NA, EU and JPN).

- If they have all 5 Back to the Future PSN episodes and Back to the Future: The Game on their account.

In my account I have Trine 2 and Magus not because they are fast and easy but because i bought them in a sale for 2€ each. That's how I buy games that I don't know..

Games like Persona 4 are way to expensive to risk it. Unfortunately usually the cheapest games are really easy :dunno: Only exception to this are Mirrors Edge and Max Payne 3 that I bought for 5€ each.

You're not a real trophy hunter unless you have ANY platinum at all.

What about him? https://psnprofiles.com/NoPlatsAllowed Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

You're not a real trophy hunter, unless you have over 9000 platinum.

unless your a prepubescent girl you're gonna have a hard time convincing me you were drawn to Hanna Montana for reason's other than an easy plat.

Not gonna lie, I bought the game only for the plat back in the good old days when I wanted a bunch of meaningless plats.

However, I have a stack of trophy less PS2 games that I bought solely because of how horrible they were and my disgusting desire to torture myself with them, in a world without trophies, I'd probably have picked up Hannah Montana at some point if it was a buck or two preowned just for a laugh.

The reason trophy whores play Terminator Salvation and Trine 2 is because they're both quick and easy platinums and both have a very high gold trophy counts.

If you're not a trophy whore yourself, don't try and tell me why those games are on their accounts. If you played both because you like both, good for you. You are one of the few.

Take my word because I can assure you that; if you see Terminator Salvation, Trine 2 and Hannah Montana all on the same account, there's a 99.9% chance that that person is a trophy whore.

Other ways to tell are:

- If they have multiple region platinums of the same game (eg. Batman: Arkham Asylum NA, EU and JPN).

- If they have all 5 Back to the Future PSN episodes and Back to the Future: The Game on their account.

Terminator I actually bought on 360 ages ago and knew not of the list. Then when I ditched the 360 I picked it up on PS3 for cheap, having never bothered to finish it. I fucking love Terminator, even 3 and 4. There's no real defense for 5 though. :/

Trine 2 was a Plus game I played for the plat, I'll admit that, but once I got into it I did enjoy it, I'd recommend it to people who don't give a single toss about trophies, it's a decently fun game.

With Back to the Future, all 5 episodes is the only option I got here. I bought it digitally the second I got a PS3 pretty much, I love BTTF. There was no physical release here. A case could be made that I was hunting when I bought the physical version on eBay for 30 bucks about a year ago, but I'd say it was brand new and half the best price I'd ever found it for preowned here, and I wanted a physical copy of a game I loved more than anything else. Of course, a year or so later, they released a physical PS4 version and that's kind of a piss off, not gonna lie, I'll probably buy that one too, but again, it would be because I want the game, I'd probably ditch the PS3 version when I got that one though.

Edit: Oh shit, someone else replied to the thread and now this reply has come up separate to my last post. Damn it.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

You are not a real trophy hunter unless:

- You have played for 24 hours straight the day you just realized you actually have to go to work/school. Went like a champion.

- The last thing you have done for the day is switching off the console, the first you have done when you woke up the next day is switching it on again.

- Procrastrinated.

- Played Aabs Animals and felt totally miserable about it.

- Hunted trophies while sleeping/dreaming.

- Threw the controller, a decent distant.

- Stared at your game collection for 20 minutes thinking what you want play just to end up playing what you should play.

- Have the trophy sound as your mobile message sound.

- Grew a beard (women too).

- Have an account for each possible region, if Mars would have PSN you would have an account there.

Feel free to add.

• Like 3