Useful Tip

MrTacoNinja

Once upon a time you had to beat all 16 Chapters on Apocalyptic difficulty AND Wicked K to pop the platinum. With the recent patch (patch 1.03) they excluded the Wicked K requirement. However, if you fight him during your first playthrough it still counts as a chapter being completed on Apocalyptic (because that's the difficulty it defaults to when you fight him and you can't lower it). What does this mean, exactly? It means that you can skip whichever regular chapter or boss chapter (boss chapters are 6, 9, 10, 13 and 16) that's giving you the most trouble and still get the platinum. Because of this I never had to fight the final boss on Apocalyptic (thank god) and my shiny new platinum unlocked when I beat Chapter 15, War Machine.

Again, pick whichever regular chapter or boss chapter that's causing you the most trouble but make sure to find and unlock all Trickster keys and doors so you can fight Wicked K during your first initial playthrough of the game.
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

I fought Wicked Killington first (I think it was still on Casual but apparently all his fights are on Apocalyptic Difficulty) and then I went through each level in order on Apocalyptic and my trophy popped after Level 15, before I had to fight Moloch. I'd definitely skip Dagon, the Level 13 boss and finish everything else  first. Because on Apocalyptic, he is a bit frustrating.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...