minimalist rocket launcher question

melodicmizery

37 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

The infinite rocket launcher is in the item box so you won't be able to use it for the minimalist trophy.

actually one more question if you know, when using less then 3 herbs, do they count the herb you have to use when the first spider infects you? or should a health coin be purchased to avoid this

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2020 at 7:09 AM, melodicmizery said:

actually one more question if you know, when using less then 3 herbs, do they count the herb you have to use when the first spider infects you? or should a health coin be purchased to avoid this

The healing trophy requires you use one herb or under as it's required to use one herb at the drain Deimos or you'll die. 

Using two recovery coins and two defence coins makes this a joke on assisted. 

17 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

The healing trophy requires you use one herb or under as it's required to use one herb at the drain Deimos or you'll die. 

Using two recovery coins and two defence coins makes this a joke on assisted. 

Thats actually incorrect, the healing trophy doesnt require that at all!

You get 1 free heal for the no heal, the game 'pushes' you use a heal at the power station, but on assisted, you can get through without healing as you auto recover to caution quicker than the parasite damages you.

And once you finish the power station section, Jill pukes out the parasite automatically, giving you a FREE HEAL anywhere in the game.

Using coins as Andy states, obviously no problem, but if combining no box with no heal, the FREE HEAL may actually help much later in the game!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You get 1 free heal for the no heal, the game 'pushes' you use a heal at the power station, but on assisted, you can get through without healing as you auto recover to caution quicker than the parasite damages you.

And once you finish the power station section, Jill pukes out the parasite automatically, giving you a FREE HEAL anywhere in the game.

Using coins as Andy states, obviously no problem, but if combining no box with no heal, the FREE HEAL may actually help much later in the game!!

i had no clue she puked the parasite out eventually. i ended up using that as my heal and then just went through the game. by the time i hit platinum i did a speed run for fun and finished in a hour and 2 minutes. toughest part for me was that god damn rolling head. killed me almost every game when nothing else did

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

i had no clue she puked the parasite out eventually. i ended up using that as my heal and then just went through the game. by the time i hit platinum i did a speed run for fun and finished in a hour and 2 minutes. toughest part for me was that god damn rolling head. killed me almost every game when nothing else did

Yea, I only found out after limping around the power station for 30 minutes at a snails pace xD. I guess it more a fun bit of trivia than anything, but the sound off having 1 free heal if needed does sound nice!!!

The rolling head of doom! I got to a point where it would always get me on later difficulties, my secret was to DODGE from it. Turning and running is perhaps just as fast overall, but the thing about dodge, is that the first half of the animation provides a quick burst in distance travelled, but does slow down at the end of the dodge.

That quick initial movement of the dodge is what saves you.

Once I figured that, I always turn, dodge twice then run, ive not been caught since, and this comes from someone who died to it about 30 times in a row on nightmare before I decided to see if dodge helps!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I find that out now! That's insane. I could have attempted no heal at same time as no box . Idk though, I had fun all 6 runs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

I find that out now! That's insane. I could have attempted no heal at same time as no box . Idk though, I had fun all 6 runs. 

Yea, thats the only time it comes in handy m8, when combining no heal with not box, otherwise it just wastes a lot of time. Limping around the Deimos area takes an extra 5 mins lol xD

Me to m8, think I have done 20+ altogether doing guides and such, I just wish the game was longer, shame its so short eh.

And Capcom better not pull a inferno nemesis type stunt ever again xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Yea, thats the only time it comes in handy m8, when combining no heal with not box, otherwise it just wastes a lot of time. Limping around the Deimos area takes an extra 5 mins lol xD

Me to m8, think I have done 20+ altogether doing guides and such, I just wish the game was longer, shame its so short eh.

And Capcom better not pull a inferno nemesis type stunt ever again xD

I can see why people complained and I see why people love it. I bought on sale so skews me to really like. I'd say the following review is very close to my thoughts.