Ok, now I understand why people just kick others from games in payday 2

At first, I couldn't understand why I would just randomly be booted from a game for doing nothing wrong. Initially, I thought the community was just cold and mean. But after tonight, I now understand WHY they do it.

I was playing a game of shadow raid, doing it stealth. This guy or girl joins the game, purposely sets off his or her ECM, then leaves. Crap like that made me see why people just immediately kick seemingly for no reason.

in general the community are assholes. i never had them do the ecm to me because i quit playing but originally they would play with you until the end of a level and then kick you thinking it would give them more money. you would never know when you would be kicked for no reason. imagine playing with a team for a hour and your all doing great and they just kick you. and thats why the game sucks and you cant play with randoms. i only have one trophy to finish it on ps3, but on ps4 i bought the full edition because it was so cheap and barely touched the game

There's literally an option to have players join but not spawn unless you approve them, or until stealth is broken. There's also friends-only and private if someone's that fussed about another player jumping in.

There is no reason to host a public game and allow drop-in yet kick someone as soon as they join, people who do that are usually just trying to troll/waste peoples time and it's rampant in the Payday community. Be thankful if they kick you at the start and not wait until the very end of the heist and kick everyone out so they don't get any of the rewards for their work.

I was kicked in the early days and I still get randomly kicked as an infamy 25 player, some people are just like that and it usually has nothing to do with being soured by other randoms, if that were the case they'd turn off drop-in or put the game private.

Sometimes, rarely, a player can forget to set it private (I've done this), they'll realise they they didn't when someone joins and will kick them and quickly set the game to private so it's not always a negative thing, but if you got kicked and you still see the game on CrimeNET then it's a troll, remember the name and never join them, if they ever join you kick them right back xD.

The only time's I've been kicked on the console version is when we are going to extraction and the fence or whatever wall is blocking it is still there and I can't get to it. Or if I the glitch occurs where I can't throw my bags down. Basically because of buggy shit. PC is a whole different breed. On PC every time someone kicks someone I can ask why without too much hassle. Here are the answers I've received.

"I don't like that character."
"I don't like the weapon they were using"

"Too low of a level/Too high of a level"

"Should've joined earlier."

"Forgot to make room private."

"My room, my rules."
"Just thought it was funny."
"I'm saving that spot for my friend." (Who never joins.)

Never mind the fact that it was never about their game play. And it usually ends up me being kicked too just for asking.

wow....all your comments sort of make me wish I never started playing the game solo. I had got the ps3 version done but that was with groups of friends. Most of those friends don't play anymore so I tried going it without them. Big mistake.

But now since I started, gotta try to finish so....yeah I'm stuck.

On 25/07/2020 at 9:40 PM, Pariah_Dark said:

wow....all your comments sort of make me wish I never started playing the game solo.

Thanks to the AI being bullet sponges and guaranteed revives so long as you didn't run far away, plus being able to add skills and weapons to the AI that buff you it's pretty much easier to solo most the game anyways (especially stealth because we know how randoms ruin that lol, plus you can get buffs to interaction speed which can be a game changer for some heists and achievements)

There's only 2 trophies that explicitly require other players:

Sounds of Animals Fighting from the base game

Pass the Ammo from the John Wick DLC (this one is the only one I do not have)

It's way more fun with people though, but it's super easy and borderline broken with the AI, in fact, the AI can often become a crutch for some players, I've met people who can't even play Overkill difficulty or higher without at least 1 AI with them.

Money is easy to come by, so honestly if you do wanna still play with randoms just host your games instead of joining others and maybe set a couple restrictions like no instant drop-in during stealth so you can approve them first (or kick them if they're try to jump in with full detection), have a reputation limit to keep the super new players out of high level heists etc.