Petition for SONY

Mjdrage

Good luck with your petition. I don't think it'll get implemented but that doesn't mean you can't try.

Honestly though, don't worry about the 100% accounts. I mean I've only played 38 games in my 2 years on PSN. Don't be like the old crow, we're grumpy birds.

Edited by VigilantCrow

2 hours ago, Martain2 said:

When I see a profile with 2 My Name is Mayo stacks on it THAT is a sign of someone being a slave to trophies.

Or someone made a break from longer plats and wanted to relax by getting few easy trophies :P

Only thing Sony needs to do is bring back the PS1 and 2 era of creativity, innovation, and risk taking in their games. Nowadays everything is too much the same. NieR: Automata showed it's possible to still succeed while being different. I'm getting off topic, what? Trophies? Just don't suck, easy.

4 hours ago, Martain2 said:

When I see a profile with 2 My Name is Mayo stacks on it THAT is a sign of someone being a slave to trophies.

No, just having a laugh with a bundle. If you want to see real slave to trophies check out my Dound Shapes auto pops! Although both things take zero effort, unlike playing games but then wanting them hidden due to a completion percentage. Everyone plays in their own way though fella.

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

Not sure I can agree with that.  That is still 13 games a year (Over 1 a month) and some games are very long if you like to complete them (maybe that is what you mean by a slave to trophies).  

Remember a lot of us how have numerous hobbies outside gaming.  Moderation is the key to life.

Fair point. It’s just hard to not presume he’s simply hidden a load of games given the silly topic of discussion of the OP. Possible of course.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

4 hours ago, noland208 said:

My idea was maybe you can delete lists with trophies earned. Like the ID change, you might get like 5 or something deletes free then you have to pay for the rest. That is a reasonable way to do it

Seems like a great idea until a hacker, ex, or family member goes and deletes all your trophy lists and you have to pay for it to boot.  Stuff like this will happen, even in legit cases people will change their minds and want their trophies back.

5 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

How about a petition for something that actually matters, like for Sony to stop pointlessly censoring games and driving them all to the Switch.

The Switch?  I thought Nintendo was even worse than Sony in that respect since they try to keep up that family friendly reputation.  But I would like to see the consoles be as open as Steam is to selling AO rated games and games with adult content in general.  It would be easy to add in programming to not allow minors to view, buy or play such games based off the date of birth given on the account.  Add in a few settings for all accounts to opt out of being able to view such content and everyone would be happy.  I'd also not object to allowing devs to release an all ages and an adults only version of a game.  Steam does this quite well by allowing devs to have a patch to remove censoring.

I'd also support a petition to limit stacks.  Extra stacks of trophies really should be limited to remakes/ports that change the trophy list significantly due to additional content and releases by a different publisher.  There is no reason for multiple stacks of the same trophy list for different regions and platforms from the same publisher.

Deleting trophies is a horrible idea no matter how you put it. It would completely ruin any sense of amusement/competition when comparing trophies and profiles with others.

Completion % would mean absolutely nothing, anyone who worked hard to get their overall completion to a high % would be lumped together with the slew of people who’d easily achieve a perfect profile with no effort. (As if this hasn’t already happened to an extent with platinum trophies, but I digress.)

I know how it feels to have a glitched, grindy, or otherwise no fun trophy list stuck on your profile, but you’re just going to have to suck it up or simply hide it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Seems like a great idea until a hacker, ex, or family member goes and deletes all your trophy lists and you have to pay for it to boot.  Stuff like this will happen, even in legit cases people will change their minds and want their trophies back.

The Switch?  I thought Nintendo was even worse than Sony in that respect since they try to keep up that family friendly reputation.  But I would like to see the consoles be as open as Steam is to selling AO rated games and games with adult content in general.  It would be easy to add in programming to not allow minors to view, buy or play such games based off the date of birth given on the account.  Add in a few settings for all accounts to opt out of being able to view such content and everyone would be happy.  I'd also not object to allowing devs to release an all ages and an adults only version of a game.  Steam does this quite well by allowing devs to have a patch to remove censoring.

I'd also support a petition to limit stacks.  Extra stacks of trophies really should be limited to remakes/ports that change the trophy list significantly due to additional content and releases by a different publisher.  There is no reason for multiple stacks of the same trophy list for different regions and platforms from the same publisher.

Whilst Nintendo still occasionally censors their in-house developed games, they haven't touched any third party games since the turn of the century. Waifus Uncovered is the most hardcore M rated game they've allowed on the Switch and that's just one racy image away from being an AO title. Nintendo's policy is that providing a game has a ratings board certificate on it, they don't care what the content is.

I want Sony to modify the hide function.

Now when I hide a game, other people and the ranking site (PSN Profile, PSN Trophy Leader) knew that I have hide something.

So it is not a "perfect hide", I want Sony to improve that, so other people cannot know I have hide something.

Because the hide function is not perfect.

I still have to avoid some difficult games (e.g. COD, FIFA, DMC5, MGRR...etc) that I do not have confidence to 100% it.

if you want a 100% account your going to have to work at it like many others have. it pushes you to finish games you definitely wouldn't otherwise, and deleting trophies won't give you that discipline, but it's fuckin stressfull sometimes, even on games you would otherwise find easier. so be warned.