What platinum do you respect the most ?

andyb712

• 3 years later...

Old thread is fun thread. My answer then would be the same as now. Catherine. Sure, there are arguably many harder. Injustice comes to mind.

But to answer it honestly, Catherine. I got way closer to 1King it on my 360 than I did to platting it on the PS3. I just didn't have the heart.

5 hours ago, T1M1D_HER0 said:

The Guided Fate Paradox.

I'm getting a kick out of watching Defeated Hades!'s rarity shifting around... maybe someday the plat will take its place :giggle: 
Would also say Twisted Metal is fairly out there.
But we already know the reigning king of "holy F bomb" plats is SMB.

Edited by GR1Mshadow

The two I'd say I respect are:

Catherine - This game beat me, but I feel I should attempt it again, as I'm decently older since I last tried and I can take it a little more seriously.

Crypt of the NecroDancer - After playing it on PC, and having a lot of fun on it, and then looking at the trophy/achievement list, I know how hardcore and brutal this list really is. I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of practice you need to finish Coda, and then practice everyone's LOW% runs to the point where you can finish *all* the characters (minus Coda) in a single run without fail.

17 minutes ago, Goddess_Noire said:

Ninja gaiden  2 (If you can get platinum without anyone's help, you can earn my respect)

You need someone's help, UN1 and UN3 are completely impossible to do with the AI partner Lol. You won't find a trophy hunter who managed to do it by getting 100% of the kills in every fucking mission, except me. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SERGENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN said:

You need someone's help, UN1 and UN3 are completely impossible to do with the AI partner Lol. You won't find a trophy hunter who managed to do it by getting 100% of the kills in every fucking mission, except me. 

I know that the partner's AI is horrible that's why i'm challenging that person :P
But he doesn't need to play the trials, but look :

"need a trophy where u can only die 5 times on a game where dying is gonna happen. a lot" then play on master ninja if you have courage :)

Edited by Goddess_Noire

2 minutes ago, Goddess_Noire said:

I know that the partner's AI is horrible that's why i'm challenging that person :P
But he doesn't need to play the trials, but look :

"need a trophy where u can only die 5 times on a game where dying is gonna happen. a lot" then play on master ninja if you have courage :)

You could be the one to take up the challenge, I've completed UN1 over 1300 times and I've done it by getting 100% of the kills with someone who simply uses a move that makes them invincible. The AI partner can't block more than 2 moves in a row, UN1 starts with 3 bosses at the same time and they perform attacks that are 1 hit kills against you if you're not prepared for it. I have achieved the fastest time for the platinum on another account, here it is: https://psnprofiles.com/SergenTheBaldwin do you think I'd be able to achieve such a time if I did die more than 5 times on Master Ninja? Lol. I did all missions as Ryu without being carried by someone during that run too. I've achieved some very good feats in 4 years of playing but the thing is, the AI partner does make it completely impossible to complete UN1 and 3 offline, how many times have you played the game to "challenge" people to do it? I've also achieved a 1:29 speed run for UN1, only 3 runs of the mission exist where the time was below 1:30. I have the fastest proven kill on the most difficult boss on the game: HERE. I am currently a multiple speed run world record holder for NGS2 so I know what I'm talking about. I've completed every Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja mission over 100 times excluding Ultimate Ninja 05 which has been done 94 times (I think). On Ninja Gaiden 3, I have managed to solo trials that are much more difficult than NGS2's missions because on that game you are able to play the game solo without the AI partner, here's a link to a playlist where all but 1 Master Ninja trial for the game has been completed solo without any partner: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd-pFCAb-QpqxITm_rFVBbHBh0KSO4fBC

• Like 2

Anyone who put the time in to platinuming the last of us has my respect 

7 minutes ago, Juzota said:

My Name Is Mayo

Yup that's definitely the hardest platinum in the universe and anyone who has it must have mad skill to be able to even get 1 trophies in it so much respect.

and for anyone who couldn't guess I'm being sarcastic.

• Like 1

I would say Catherine : it takes a lot of skill, patience and a clear head which I don't have atm (had enough rage sessions for a lifetime). 

On another note certain fighting games come to mind like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Injustice since those require the same attributes.

On 9/18/2013 at 9:15 AM, renatabls said:

Hmmm... i would say LBP2 but the majority of those who plat it boosted it, i'll say DMC1.

Why DMC1? How about thinking of DMC4:SE? You only thing which 99,9% of all Platinumachievers did, buying all DLC's, taking Super Characters for the hardest Characters in Game, - you inclusive. Avoided default Nero, Dante & Vergil Bloody Palace. For the Bloody Palace run skipped for sure all Knights on Stage 99. Avoided to do Untouchable in a legit way, of course choosed Lady/Trish for DMD S Ranks, if you had been playing it with Nero & Dante then you haven't for sure learned their mechanics but abused their most broken sh*t to cheese anything. Also i know that most people who did DMD S Ranks, still needed to use Items and exploit other fights to rank up their S Ranks. I wouldn't wonder as well, if you did Down A Notch with cheesy Lady as well. At this point i'm asking myself why i'm creating a masterpiece guide and made it even as Nero, as simple as possible and no one isn't using it. If i haven't been posting my Dante SSS Tutorial on Youtube and serval different websites only a handfull people would have it done as Nero. But even now... it seems to be to hard for people, that they have to pick up Lady.... because you only basically needs to use 2 buttons. But for Nero way more. I also wouldn't wonder if you did LDK with S-Chars as well. Because the thing about LDK S Ranks is, that you almost can't miss the S Rank itself if you would play it naturally and collect a few Orbs and thats the reason why i've been calling you out for this, you didn't staked it. Now lets continue with all Bosses SSS Ranks, since you avoided the real challenge which offers the game, i'm pretty sure like around 90% had done the trophies with a Super Character as well. Same as for Hell & Hell, i'm pretty sure here as well, only a handfull of people did this mode as well by abusing Super Character & Items as well. Because if you still struggle with the other campaign difficulties then there's no way you did this mode without any kind of abuses, especially fights like Agnus M6 and since you did Hell and Hell before the other S Ranks, then i know allready what's going on. I also remembered now that i've been complimented you for doing the Platinum quite fast for the average and asked you with which characters you did the S Ranks but you haven't still answered tho, so yeah i'm sure it had to be Lady/Trish. Now the Secret Mission, there's one where you need to beat a few waves of Assault's & Chimera Assaults, i'm sure everyone did it again with Super Character, same as the last Secret Mission which can be found on M17 with the lasers. Anyone used again super to avoid the Challenge here. I'm not sure why you're taking the PSN Avatar of Nero, since you didn't even stacked the S Rank Bloody Palace Trophy as him but i guess you just only like it. 

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

• Mortal Kombat
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Dead Space 2
  • Dead Space 3
  • Killzone 2
  • The Last of Us
  • The Evil Within
  • Alien Isolation
  • God of War III