• Rockband/Guitar Hero
  • Catherine
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Skyrim
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Why God of War III?

I respect anyone who has I Am Bread (fuck that game), or did BO3 realistic solo or Uncharted brutal legit. Or even Arkham Origins without boosting. I'd definitely respect a person who could plat Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Vita. 

Metal Gear Soli 4: Guns Of The Patriots,   I love the series but darn you have to be a fan to death in order to win all those emblens, not only the hard ones like the Big Boss emblen but also the Chicken one who require to play as bad as none normal person could (like dying 250 times and spend 30 hours on the campaing wtf?).

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, is a difficult game, you lern how to play but once you turn up the difficult it gots darn serious ?

26 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Why God of War III?

I respect anyone who has I Am Bread (fuck that game), or did BO3 realistic solo or Uncharted brutal legit. Or even Arkham Origins without boosting. I'd definitely respect a person who could plat Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Vita. 

Because the challenges are ridiculously hard and titan mode was awful.

22 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Why God of War III?

Yeah, GoW seems pretty random and I thought the game was super easy after I came back to it years later.

TLOU and Skyrim were interesting picks as well that are a little more difficult than GoW. TLOU isn't hard, but takes a little skill and patience. Skyrim is supposed to be easy besides the fact that it takes several hours to platinum. In fact, my friend (who is NOT a trophy hunter AT ALL) only has one platinum and that's Skyrim. So, I find it strange that someone would regard it as one of the most respectable platinums out there. Not saying it's wrong (absolutely no wrong answers here), but definitely interesting

3 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Because the challenges are ridiculously hard and titan mode was awful.

I feel GoW is either one of those games you're really good at or really bad at. It's really all about timing those evades. For me, I found it easy except for the final part in the maze. That was some real B.S.

Everybody's Golf - It takes serious dedication, patience and lots of practice. I can only manage it a couple weeks of it at a time before frustrations sets in.

Star Ocean: Last Hope International -  It's a long game.

Tales of Symphonia - multiple playthroughs, and there's a no death/no gel run. 

Super Meat Boy - That time it takes to "git gud" and not throw your Vita/controller at the wall. I can't even imagine.

• Like 1

So far I see a lot of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, which I totally understand, but to any who have actually tried it instead of going off critical reviews, I would say Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z! 

As a hardened gamer up for most tough challenges, in all my experience I would have to put Yaiba up there as my personal hardest to attain! So to those out there that have it too I give respect because this is no easy feat! You go from Hard, to Nightmare, to Hell difficulty and still even harder..........

The ultimate challenge in the form of the side-scrolling arcade version of the game, it will crush souls man!!!!!

Also I'm a little surprised no one has included the Nioh platinum. I was under the impression it was ultra hard?

Surgeon Simulator - Very awkward controls, extremely luck based especially the later stages. Also you have to A++ every surgery because of the patch, an extremely difficult feat seeing that there are around 20 operations, a number of which take place in an ambulance or on space where things are moving all over.

Super Meat Boy - Most of the game isn't too bad until you reach The Kid's warp zone. That requires a lot of practice.

The last three no death runs (Rapture Dark World, Cotton Alley Light and Dark Worlds) are very difficult. I still haven't pulled off Rapture Dark since those require a lot of precision. I'll be damned if I can pull off Cotton Alley Dark anytime soon, it was a pain in the ass just to reach the end of those stages.

Crypt of the Necrodancer - One of the most difficult PSN games out there. It's a rhythm based game that takes a hell of a lot of concentration, and since I can count the number of platinum achievers on my hand, that tells me this is brutally hard. That one gold trophy for restricting everything except picking up gold is the platinum killer. Huge respect for everybody who pulls that off.

I Am Bread - More difficult than Surgeon Simulator. Has the same kind of objectives, except you're a piece of toast trying to reach the toaster. A++ these levels? You better buy a bunch of new controllers. Probably more difficult than Meat Boy since this too, requires a good amount of luck and a whole lot of patience. There are less than 50 platinum achievers, and that's enough to tell you right there that it's probably best to avoid I Am Bread altogether.

Shadow Warrior - Most of the game from what I hear isn't too bad, until you play Heroic difficulty. Enemies are stronger, incredibly unforgiving, you die you start all the way to the beginning of the chapter. Since I heard some chapters can take upwards of 60 - 90+ minutes to beat, that's a lot of progress lost. Like Dead Space 2, but more difficult.

Vanquish - Just two things. Challenges 4 and 6.

Catherine - Tower of Babel levels. I guess that kills off a lot of potential platinum achievers. I don't know much about the game otherwise.

Shadow of the Colossus - Time Trials. I hear you have to glitch a couple to even stand a chance of getting that trophy.

Lost Planet 2 - Very time consuming, incredibly difficult, play the game a shit load of times. I guess it's difficult just to get other online players for this one. I would avoid at all costs.

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International - One of the most time consuming games with a platinum. Upwards of 400 - 1000+ hours depending on how lucky you are and what you're doing. I guess you can miss a few things, which can ultimately waste you hundreds of hours. Hopefully you won't commit suicide in real life by this game.

Raiden IV - Absurdly challenging arcade style shooter. I believe one section has you having to play like two players, which is just ridiculous. Don't know much about this title though.

Atari Classics Vol 1 and 2 - The idea of having to be very skilled and dedicated to a bunch of old 1980s era Atari games that in my view, don't hold up well especially compared to Nintendo's library of games is probably a pass in my book. Some of the trophy requirements are extremely intense, and most players aren't going to bother with these since they're probably not worth the effort. Who wants to play a game like ET The Extra Terrestrial today?

Badlands - The one IMPOSSIBLE platinum. Not because of server shutdowns or server closure, but because the trophy requirements are far too much. I guess you need another player to be just as skilled and dedicated as you. Hope and pray you have a chance, but it looks like you don't.

I respect the following as they are both time consuming and fairly tough, so I am always pretty amazed when I see players with them:

Final Fantasy X: This is my dream platinum, the one that I would just die to have. 

Disgaea 4: 350+ hours to plat... 

Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and BBS: Requires a good deal of skill, Normal mode is a challenge for me so I respect those that do these on proud and critical. 

Tales of Symphonia: 150+ hours 

Star Ocean: A very very long plat

Mirror's Edge Catalyst: a tough plat

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Yakuza games (mainly 3 and 5)

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Badlands - The one IMPOSSIBLE platinum. Not because of server shutdowns or server closure, but because the trophy requirements are far too much. I guess you need another player to be just as skilled and dedicated as you. Hope and pray you have a chance, but it looks like you don't.

Badlands is literally unplattable. There's a collectable that is in between two traps. For whatever reason, on the mobile version, the traps a just far enough apart, however, on the console version, the traps are closer together. It's impossible to get. I've seen two pictures comparing the versions. It's pretty messed up.