What platinum do you respect the most ?

andyb712

for me it would be killzone 2 since elite nearly broke my spirt for the series and gta 4 was also a good one for me since i had to work overtime to get my money to stay but finally managed to level and co op times by pure luck i am looking at you deal breaker. 

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Surgeon Simulator - Very awkward controls, extremely luck based especially the later stages. Also you have to A++ every surgery because of the patch, an extremely difficult feat seeing that there are around 20 operations, a number of which take place in an ambulance or on space where things are moving all over.

Super Meat Boy - Most of the game isn't too bad until you reach The Kid's warp zone. That requires a lot of practice.

The last three no death runs (Rapture Dark World, Cotton Alley Light and Dark Worlds) are very difficult. I still haven't pulled off Rapture Dark since those require a lot of precision. I'll be damned if I can pull off Cotton Alley Dark anytime soon, it was a pain in the ass just to reach the end of those stages.

Crypt of the Necrodancer - One of the most difficult PSN games out there. It's a rhythm based game that takes a hell of a lot of concentration, and since I can count the number of platinum achievers on my hand, that tells me this is brutally hard. That one gold trophy for restricting everything except picking up gold is the platinum killer. Huge respect for everybody who pulls that off.

I Am Bread - More difficult than Surgeon Simulator. Has the same kind of objectives, except you're a piece of toast trying to reach the toaster. A++ these levels? You better buy a bunch of new controllers. Probably more difficult than Meat Boy since this too, requires a good amount of luck and a whole lot of patience. There are less than 50 platinum achievers, and that's enough to tell you right there that it's probably best to avoid I Am Bread altogether.

Shadow Warrior - Most of the game from what I hear isn't too bad, until you play Heroic difficulty. Enemies are stronger, incredibly unforgiving, you die you start all the way to the beginning of the chapter. Since I heard some chapters can take upwards of 60 - 90+ minutes to beat, that's a lot of progress lost. Like Dead Space 2, but more difficult.

Vanquish - Just two things. Challenges 4 and 6.

Catherine - Tower of Babel levels. I guess that kills off a lot of potential platinum achievers. I don't know much about the game otherwise.

Shadow of the Colossus - Time Trials. I hear you have to glitch a couple to even stand a chance of getting that trophy.

Lost Planet 2 - Very time consuming, incredibly difficult, play the game a shit load of times. I guess it's difficult just to get other online players for this one. I would avoid at all costs.

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International - One of the most time consuming games with a platinum. Upwards of 400 - 1000+ hours depending on how lucky you are and what you're doing. I guess you can miss a few things, which can ultimately waste you hundreds of hours. Hopefully you won't commit suicide in real life by this game.

Raiden IV - Absurdly challenging arcade style shooter. I believe one section has you having to play like two players, which is just ridiculous. Don't know much about this title though.

Atari Classics Vol 1 and 2 - The idea of having to be very skilled and dedicated to a bunch of old 1980s era Atari games that in my view, don't hold up well especially compared to Nintendo's library of games is probably a pass in my book. Some of the trophy requirements are extremely intense, and most players aren't going to bother with these since they're probably not worth the effort. Who wants to play a game like ET The Extra Terrestrial today?

Badlands - The one IMPOSSIBLE platinum. Not because of server shutdowns or server closure, but because the trophy requirements are far too much. I guess you need another player to be just as skilled and dedicated as you. Hope and pray you have a chance, but it looks like you don't.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is an impossible platinum...

6 hours ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer. Hardest game there is.

Harder than Attacking Zegeta 2?

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, GoW seems pretty random and I thought the game was super easy after I came back to it years later.

TLOU and Skyrim were interesting picks as well that are a little more difficult than GoW. TLOU isn't hard, but takes a little skill and patience. Skyrim is supposed to be easy besides the fact that it takes several hours to platinum. In fact, my friend (who is NOT a trophy hunter AT ALL) only has one platinum and that's Skyrim. So, I find it strange that someone would regard it as one of the most respectable platinums out there. Not saying it's wrong (absolutely no wrong answers here), but definitely interesting

I feel GoW is either one of those games you're really good at or really bad at. It's really all about timing those evades. For me, I found it easy except for the final part in the maze. That was some real B.S.

I'm average at games like God of War, but I struggled greatly on titan mode, although by some miracle I got the maze trophy in one attempt. Conversely I'm kickass at The Last of Us but I've also beaten it nearly 15 times so I know the game by heart. I put these games because I love them, and to see someone who has the platinums for these games makes me happy because it tells me that person loved the game enough to complete it.

That aside Skyrim, as AMAZING and spectacular as it is, is a broken mess on PS3, with iffy quests, numerous bugs, hit and miss hit detection, crashes, trophy glitches, etc. Managing to get the platinum is something to be proud of in my books.

Edited by Freelancer Tex

Silent hill 2 and 3 , the collection version of ps3 is a bit buggy what makes the platinum more difficult (konami can be so ridiculous to the point of losing the source codes)

I don't know though if a new patch was released to correct the errors ... but if it was not it takes an extra patience not to lose 2 hours(or even less) of game because of the game freeze

I haven't attempted enough of them to have a truly comprehensive list, but two that come to mind are Catherine and GTA5 (the latter because since not only is the multiplayer grind insane, but the PS3 plat is currently unobtainable because of the otherwise easy Run Like the Wind trophy.) ?

Edited by CptnBootyShorts

57 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

I'm average at games like God of War, but I struggled greatly on titan mode, although by some miracle I got the maze trophy in one attempt. Conversely I'm kickass at The Last of Us but I've also beaten it nearly 15 times so I know the game by heart. I put these games because I love them, and to see someone who has the platinums for these games makes me happy because it tells me that person loved the game enough to complete it.

That aside Skyrim, as AMAZING and spectacular as it is, is a broken mess on PS3, with iffy quests, numerous bugs, hit and miss hit detection, crashes, trophy glitches, etc. Managing to get the platinum is something to be proud of in my books.

That's an interesting take on the topic imo. I always think people respect the truly difficult or grindy plats, but it seems that personally earning the plat let's you respect others who also earned it.

This is some of the games i respect:

• Gran turismo 5
  • Super Meet Boy
  • MK 9
  • Last Hope
  • Shadow Of The Colossus
  • Rock Band Green Day
  • Rock Band 3
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica
  • Guitar Hero  Smash Hits
  • Guitar Hero: Van Helen
  • Injustice
  • Skyrim
  • Lost Planet 2
  • RockSmith

Edited by ArK_TatiCo

On 9/15/2017 at 10:23 PM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is an impossible platinum...

Harder than Attacking Zegeta 2?

lmao, is that trophy list trolling?

Attacking Zegeta 2 only has 75 players. I haven't played the game myself. Can any one confirm that the trophies are obtainable since not a single one was unlocked?

COTND takes about 800 hours to plat and that's skill based instead of a grind.

2 hours ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

lmao, is that trophy list trolling?

Attacking Zegeta 2 only has 75 players. I haven't played the game myself. Can any one confirm that the trophies are obtainable since not a single one was unlocked?

COTND takes about 800 hours to plat and that's skill based instead of a grind.

That's just it, nobody knows how to get a single of the trophies. Maybe one day, someone will just get the pkg of the game and delve into the files to see if there's an explanation of how the trophies are unlocked. But for all we know, the devs could've just made the trophies impossible to unlock, by not having a trigger for them. If that's the case, then its difficulty is artificial and completion, impossible. 

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD

Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5: Getting 250 unique navigation lines in one playthrough is a Miracle of Might. Anyone who can earn Hardcore Risette Fan or Avid Listener is a god in my eyes. ^_^

Any Disgaea game: The games requires a lot of grinding. Disgaea 5 has tricks to cut down the time grinding but even then it takes a lot of grinding of multiple characters to get some of those harder trophies.

Edited by MysticjMax

From my experience

Vanquish- challenges 4 and 6.

bloodborne- fast paced combat along with the classic dark soul difficulty.

Dark souls 1- The entirety of Anor Londo and the fact that the game was buggy.

Lost planet 2- the insane grind for multiplayer alone (wish me luck)

Super meat boy- one must have stupidly inane reflexes 

surgeon simulator- the controls are stupidly and purposely broken.

GTA5- because mainly getting gold on every campaign mission is hard by itself.

Xcom Enemy unknown and Xcom 2- because completing the games on impossible ironman with a time limit is difficult enough when you have your soldiers missing 95% shots at point blank while enemies can kill your soldiers from miles away.

Edited by wackt1