Game's Biggest Gripe.

TigressLion

For Me It's The Fact They Didn't Add A Skip Cutscene Option UNTIL NG+ .... Why ? It's Obviously In The Game Why Force Us Through Cutscenes ? I Often Find Myself Changing Inputs To Watch T.V While Pushing X For 10 Minutes To Finally Switch It Back To Continue Playing.

Aside From That This Game Is A Fantastic Buy !!! Love It.

What Are Your Biggest Gripes ?

Edited by TigressLion
  • Confused 1

For Me It's The Fact They Didn't Add A Skip Cutscene Option UNTIL NG+ .... Why ? It's Obviously In The Game Why Force Us Through Cutscenes ? I Often Find Myself Changing Inputs To Watch T.V While Pushing X For 10 Minutes To Finally Switch It Back To Continue Playing.

Aside From That This Game Is A Fantastic Buy !!! Love It.

What Are Your Biggest Gripes ?

They did that so when you a play new game, you know the story already. 

Edited by Laughtery
  • Like 1

No, no I get your point, but the story is there a for a reason, the devs probably want you to pay attention and hopefully enjoy the story they spent years bringing to life, although you should be able to skip cut scenes if you want and there should be an option to do that on your second play through, if there isn't well bad day for you friend, 'cos you're watching cut scenes. ;D

I only have 1 little nitpick of a gripe. That being: In some of the cutscenes, the ability to speed up the text is taken away. I can read faster than it appears, so I'm annoyingly slowed down.

Like I said, a nitpick. A minor irritation. I still enjoy the game. Although, I've never played it on PS2, so I keep getting stuck, wondering where to go or what to do next. I'm slowly advancing though. I'm currently in... what was it called.... Kusa Village or something? ... the one about the Divine Wind no longer blowing... yeah, that bit. (ps, I'm not asking for help or nothing, just saying)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not being able to skip cut scenes didnt bother me but the irritating jibberish when they spoke is what bothered me,it got to the point where i had to download the soundtrack and put my tv on mute

Uhh, that 'irritating jibberish' is actually sped up Japanese, which I know enough of to be able to tell is the ACTUAL lines meant to be spoken, but I guess if you can't understand any of it, it could get annoying *shrug* Oh well...

Oh, and to the OP, I hope that you have actually played the game on a different console before, because if you haven't, then you should NEVER play games with story...

• Like 4

For me, Okami was my first platinum... so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Such a beautiful game, my memories from it are incredible.

I don't want to attack you bro, but I do think you're slightly misguided by saying 'not being able to skip cutscenes' is a major gripe of this sort of game :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I was finally able to beat him but Blockhead Grande was terrible! I would also say trying to catch a Bonito for the fish tome. Working on that now and it's the only one I need!

Though these may seem trivial they are the only gripes I have about the game. I haven't beaten it yet but I'm at the point of no return and am trying to get all of my collection done!

If no one has played this game, please buy (or rent) it and do so! I can't believe how long it has taken me to notice and play this game!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uhh, that 'irritating jibberish' is actually sped up Japanese, which I know enough of to be able to tell is the ACTUAL lines meant to be spoken, but I guess if you can't understand any of it, it could get annoying *shrug* Oh well...

Actually I know it well enough to know it isn't. At best it is Japanese speech that's been cut into individual prosodic sounds, modified and then placed in randomised order, with the pitch of the line then changed depending on the mood of the character, but it certainly isn't the actual lines. A Japanese speaker could not follow the dialogue at all without the subtitles. I know this since I've played it through once in Japanese myself and have also watched sunhelp322's playthrough in Japanese. The on count (in layman's terms the number of kana) rarely even match up with the subtitles, so even a complete beginner should be able to differentiate them

As for gripes with the game, I can't think of any really, this game was too good. Sure it was easy but I think that was intentional, they clearly wanted you to focus on the story and not be held back by frustrating segments. It has good pacing and there's always reasons to go back and revisit places. It kinda forces you to pay attention at times so you know what to do next, but doesn't leave you feeling out of your depth with it, and it's clever how it incorporates folklore without isolating the unfamiliar. It feels like games of this quality rarely come about nowadays, but maybe I'm just getting old and pessimistic  :P

Edited by Light-and-magic
  • Like 2