[POLL] What type of trophy do you dislike the most?

Shenka

What type of trophy do you dislike the most?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. What type of trophy do you dislike the most?

• Collectible Trophies
    • Difficulty Trophies
    • Online Trophies
    • DLC Trophies
    • Speedrun Trophies
    • Grindy Trophies (Of any variety)

Kinda curious what everyone's opinion is on this. Though it depends on the title, in general if I see online trophies that require anything more than "Complete five matches" I don't bother.

Let me know if there are any other types that I might have forgotten!

Edited by Shenka
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Missing the type I dislike most: Grindy trophies.

Totally this, I would rather boost some online then having to do the same thing over and over again for 20 hours just to get one trophy. 

Speedruns aren't too bad, you aren't doing it in your first playthrough so you already know what to expect and how to avoid it. It's just running, dodging, shortcuts and quick thinking

Edited by maiathewinners

6 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Missing the type I dislike most: Grindy trophies.

I'll see if I can add that. To me, I considered grindy to be able to be an all encompassing adjective. Like online trophies can be grindy, but so can collectible ones and what not. So thats why it was initially left off.

Edit: It has been done.

Edited by Shenka
I give the people what they want

I don't like online trophies, but that's only because eventually they will become unobtainable, and it doesn't make sense for a game to have unobtainable trophies. I don't like download content trophies either, but that's only because I might not want to buy it, yet it will still affect the game's percentage. So my answer would be speedrun trophies. They go against my nature, as I enjoy taking my time, even if I'm replaying a game. But at least it provides a challenge for me.

• Like 1

Just now, ferginator88 said:

Oh, another one you might be want to add, though they are rare, are trophies that require additional hardware (looking at you Burnout Paradise on PS3...)

I've never encountered this, what hardware did Burnout Paradise require? I can't imagine picking up a game and realizing id have to buy a peripheral to get the platinum.

1 minute ago, Shenka said:

I've never encountered this, what hardware did Burnout Paradise require? I can't imagine picking up a game and realizing id have to buy a peripheral to get the platinum.

If I remember correctly you needed an External Camera to send a Smugshot (I think that's what it was called) to another player while online. 

Online trophies are the worse, especially trophies that require another player to involve. You also forgot missable trophies, i hate those. I want to enjoy a game without needing to "cheat" by looking at a guide, but when a game has missable trophies i always find myself looking at the guide to make sure I didnt miss any. 

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 2

I hate online mp trophies. I don't like purchasing on release days. Sometimes months, years later. By then servers that require a large amount of players are usually dead. Varies by game popularity of course but normally its bad. I dont mind online coop trophies at all though. 

Online trophies.

Just think about it, trophies that require you to have a connection to servers that can potentially and inevitably be shut down? Not fun. It’s almost becoming a joke having so many online trophies in games nowadays. Not every gamer has access to these servers either. I feel they’re almost shoehorned into games to force you to play the online aspect, but of course this doesn’t apply to MMO’s and games alike (ESO for example), but that’s the exception. 

Collectible trophies? Adds fun and exploration to the game. 

Difficulty trophies? This needs no explanation, but...it’s great to have a challenge in games and having earned the difficulty trophies can make a statement to yourself and other gamers. 

Speedrun trophies? I’m a casual speedrunner, so I have no problem with speedrun trophies and if anything it’s a fun little challenge and can even push you to learn more about the game and different routes and techniques to undertake while playing. 

Grindy trophies being disliked makes sense too though because I can understand the irritation behind completing a game but still having to return for constant grinding (you can name many trophies that fall under this category). 

Edited by HoorayForTyler

I voted difficulty. As mentioned above I find too many games don't have hard difficulties that feel fun, they just crank up the enemy health and damage values and be done with it.

Games that do interesting things with difficulty like building it around you going to it in a new game+ mode are much more enjoyable for me.

• Like 2

Could be any of these given the specifics. Like if 500 untracked collectibles, 100 hour online competitive BS, super tight speed run times, etc. Expensive dlc is pretty bad. Do'yt like finishing a game the several months later to keep it at 100% you have to drop $30. Glitched trophies are the worst though ....well the ones that just don't pop. Also not a fan of missables. Maybe should have said online thinking about it though .... sort of more of a solo gamer

Edited by Unknown_v2_0

dlc trophies, usually I don't mind too much buying dlc but it's just that I have to buy it and a lot of ps3 dlcs are expensive and will never go on sale (nfs most wanted, all cods, battlefield bc2, etc).

makes me appreciate games that don't have dlc trophies even more. I understand that if you like a game you'll wanna buy the dlc maybe but after multiple years dlc should just be free.

50 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Forced playtime trophies that require you to play well past everything else you can do in the game. 

Was going to say exactly this. I don’t mind grinding in and of itself, but when it feels like the trophy is just tacked on solely to pad the playtime, it really is the worst. 

• Like 1

I voted for speedrun, most games are long and I don't have time or sanity to train at them, with only exceptions being glitched ones like "Dr Who and the Eternity Clock" or "Resident Evil 2 & 3" where I like to bring Mr Infinite Ammo RPG.

Online is a close second, I'm bad at most online games and have no friends with PlayStations. Also more games need to used peer to peer connections surely it's cheaper for the companies and better for the players in the long run. (Ptp are the ones that don't get turned off, right) 

Collectables always make a game less fun for me so I enjoyed when Days Gone any asked for 75% of them.

Grindy. It's nice for me to catch up on my Netflix shows while I grind, I was watching the final series of She-Ra while I grinded kills to get the points to buy Mr Infinite Ammo RPG.

Difficuly last. Unless you're Doom or Wolfenstein 2, I'd be perfectly fine to play the highest difficulty if you ask me to.

*DLC* 100% completion accounts are unnecessary to me. 

• Like 1