[POLL] What type of trophy do you dislike the most?

Shenka

What type of trophy do you dislike the most?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. What type of trophy do you dislike the most?

• Collectible Trophies
    • Difficulty Trophies
    • Online Trophies
    • DLC Trophies
    • Speedrun Trophies
    • Grindy Trophies (Of any variety)

Online. Firstly, not everyone has PS Plus. Once the servers shut down, that's it, making things unobtainable, and I have like 30 of those on my list. Grindy trophies are annoying, but if I really like a game then I don't mind. So imagine a grindy online trophy (looking at you, level 250 in Grid Autosport). An easy online trophy isn't much better, because if you happen to miss it, then it's way worse. Like "Take a picture and share it" on GT5.

Even though I'm an easy-moder by heart, and suck in general, I like difficulty trophies because they force you to become better.

I'd say Online, but I don't down right hate them.  I just don't do them.  Grindy trophies, specifically the type that say "Kill 200 enemies with  the Moss shotgun" or "Beat 500 enemies with Magic" (damn you Kingdoms of Amalur) drive me crazy in a "what are you doing my guy?  What is that proving?" kind of way.  I've always said the Uncharted series has some of the worst trophy lists around, and they thrive on this stuff.

Definitely online trophies. It makes no sense to have them and it's a cheap way to keep people interested in your game after they beat it

But I find speedrun trophies incredibly annoying because I'm someone that likes to take my time with a game and really enjoy it to the fullest. Speedruns just take all the fun out and can be stressful at times ?

• 3 years later...

Grinding trophies, I can deal with the others because they may add to the fun of the game or make you try something different, which is fine for me.

Grindy trophies are okay if the game is excellent (like Monster Hunter or Deep Rock Galactic), because the gameplay loop is great and is designed that way for experimentation like builds and such.  But grinds that involve rng and too much brainless activity then yeah that is the worst lol

• Like 1