How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

@cxool123

Thx a lot for your information regarding the bugged trophies. Unfortunately I also missed many of the trophies you have written in your first post due to bugs. Then I decided to do it in one session (of course ps4 in sleep mode over night) and see there ... all trophies came without problems. Unfortunately my game crashed the first time I wanted to play the hole game in one session (I had 13 out of 16 bosses :() but the second time my game didn't crash so far (I have all 16 bosses, just Family Trophy is missing). I hope my third one-session playthrough (kill every boss) will also work without a game crash.

I had some trouble with the takedown trophies, but ended up grinding out 300 takedowns in one sitting which resolved it. Absolutely not ideal at all though and i'm on Patch 1.12 too.

The one i'm having an issue with now is the 'Baby, your a rich man' trophy. I had well over 500k in my stash and nothing popped. I'm not completely sure whether it's a general tracking issue, or if it has something to do with the fact that the last 100k i pretty much exclusively deposited into the car you can call up. Flambe has completely bugged too, but i'm gonna do that farming method at the beginning of the game that PowerPyx recommends.

I'm seriously debating on whether to just drop this game right now though. If I can only just get that 500k and provided the racket boss trophy doesn't fail on me, it should all be doable. If I get to the end of this first playthrough and I don't get the 500k trophy and the racket boss trophies, i'll just shelve it permanently i think.

Shame really, this game was pretty good imo and I would have loved to have a 100% + platinum with it.

• Like 1

Flambé glitched on me so what I did was switch of my internet on the PlayStation main menu, then started a new save file and farmed the flambé kills at the first mission that introduced molotovs. I may be wrong about why this works but it may have something to do with the 2k account that logs you in when you start the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Booster92BG said:

Any tips how to avoid crashing the game?

Tried 3 times to complete the game in one sitting, but the game always crash near the end of the game, bruh.

It seems like playing offline is helpful from what some people have posted in the past. It might be 2K's crappy connectivity that is contributing to how trophy progress is tracked. I think for the 500k trophy, i'm going to try getting 500k in one sitting using an infinite money exploit which I found on YouTube.

Using an exploit which manipulates a glitch to fix another glitch pretty much sums up how janky 2K infrastructure is.

I think I will wait a patch, hopefully they will make it. I bought the game months ago, with all the DLC (I payed for them) without knowing all the issues with the trophies. I don't care that much about the platinum, but I keep reading of bugs and crash, and that makes me to stay away from the game. 

Edited by Play3GianniGreed

Finally got the earn 500k and spend 500k trophies. The only way i could get it to work was to do it in one sitting, using the video exploit mentioned in the OP. That's a load off my shoulders, not here's hoping the Family trophy doesn't bug out on me

On 14/08/2020 at 5:45 PM, sirdavid89 said:

2k know about these trophy problems? In case of leaving it without starting or for later.

I think they are aware of them yeah, but I also think they got their priorities on the full remake of Mafia. I'd assume they fix it later on, but it might not be something fixable by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Yeah, its pretty infuriating. I also cannot obtain any of the takedown trophies (although I have far more kills for all of them than is required for the trophy). Also cannot get the money trophy, wrecker, or flambe. 

I got the first side mission trophy, so I am crossing my fingers that Family will pop - but who knows. I will do my second playthrough to do all kills (instead of flipping) and try to do some of these things in one sitting (haven't tried that yet).

Just...ugh.

Just out of curiosity, were these glitches only recently introduced with patches?  I guess my question is....would I be better off going out and obtaining a physical copy of the game, non Definitive Edition, that is presumably on v1.0, and playing that version un-patched?  Would that prevent this issue with the counters not working properly?  Or has this existed ever since release?  I see a good number of people got the platinum early on...

1 hour ago, Misbik said:

Just out of curiosity, were these glitches only recently introduced with patches?  I guess my question is....would I be better off going out and obtaining a physical copy of the game, non Definitive Edition, that is presumably on v1.0, and playing that version un-patched?  Would that prevent this issue with the counters not working properly?  Or has this existed ever since release?  I see a good number of people got the platinum early on...

I just got the disc version and it crashed on the last 2, had 16/18.  Loaded up game and killed the last 2 and No loose Ends didn’t pop.  I currently kept my profile save, deleted game save and loaded up old save before Merle.  I’m trying this right now and know in a few days if it pops. 

23 hours ago, JABing said:

Yeah, its pretty infuriating. I also cannot obtain any of the takedown trophies (although I have far more kills for all of them than is required for the trophy). Also cannot get the money trophy, wrecker, or flambe. 

I got the first side mission trophy, so I am crossing my fingers that Family will pop - but who knows. I will do my second playthrough to do all kills (instead of flipping) and try to do some of these things in one sitting (haven't tried that yet).

Just...ugh.

As an update, I am now trying a few of these in the "one sitting" method. So far, wrecker unlocked for me doing it all in one sitting - so I may try to do some of these other ones in one sitting and see how it goes. I will let you know!

On 17.08.2020 г. at 5:54 PM, JavaNext said:

Thanks for the tips, I was able get all glitched trophies by playing the game in one session. Luckily no crashes during either playthrough.

We need to find out why the game is crashing to ones and not to others.

Two times i tried to get No lose ends (in one sitting), but the game crash near the end, and continuing after that doesnt granted me the trophy!