How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

3 hours ago, omarzkie said:

You're welcome. Some of my fail runs are cause by random crashes. It is better to PLay the game offline. 

Were you playing on ps4 or 5 I’m playing on ps5 and the game runs and looks like sh!!!t 

Edited by Mado0o_007

5 hours ago, Mado0o_007 said:

Were you playing on ps4 or 5 I’m playing on ps5 and the game runs and looks like sh!!!t 

yeah Mafia 3 on ps5 also runs like shit. Thats why I put hangar13 on my blacklist for being a shitty developers. I played on my Ps4. I need to be lucky that the game will not crash. 

Can’t say I’ve read through any of the topics here so forgive me if this has already been covered, but if you have disc version, just play without installing any of the patches, if you run it on launch version, if I remember correctly everything works fine apart from the trophy where you have to recruit all the capos, or kill them, one of those lol but if it doesn’t pop, you can do a new game after and the kills/recruitments carry over in the trophy checklist so a second playthrough should pop it, if you speed run you can finish the game multiple times in a day so it’s not too bad, shame this game has a few issues regarding popping the trophies because it’s freaking awesome 

• Like 1

I'm having issues with 'The New Boss'. I recently downloaded the 1.09 version of Mafia III in order to get the last few trophies I missed. I had no issues getting some of the other bugged trophies, but I just flipped the last racket boss, did the story mission and sit-down right after, and it didn't pop.

I checked the journal to make sure I flipped all the bosses, and I have every one except for the two you're forced to kill.

I have no idea why it didn't work, but I was wondering if this progress resumes into a new save? Or should I just keep playing?

On 7/10/2022 at 10:14 AM, doritoite_ said:

I'm having issues with 'The New Boss'. I recently downloaded the 1.09 version of Mafia III in order to get the last few trophies I missed. I had no issues getting some of the other bugged trophies, but I just flipped the last racket boss, did the story mission and sit-down right after, and it didn't pop.

I checked the journal to make sure I flipped all the bosses, and I have every one except for the two you're forced to kill.

I have no idea why it didn't work, but I was wondering if this progress resumes into a new save? Or should I just keep playing?

from a quick search, this trophy is said to be glitchy but it was reported on pre-1.09 versions. I played and 100%ed the game in its entirety on 1.09, no trophy glitched on me including this one. I think the reason why it glitched on you is that you didn't play on 1.09 from the start, so your flip counter got reset (by a bug in 1.12 which people rage over) the moment you do the patch downgrade.

I can confirm that your progress resumes to a new playthrough. the requirement is to flip 16 racket bosses, not necessarily from the same playthrough or 16 different persons. the game gives you just enough in one playthrough (18 minus 2 mandatory kills), but the count will carry on to the next playthrough. if, say, according to the counter you're currently at 14, the trophy should pop once you start a new playthrough and flip two racket bosses.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, xurdias said:

from a quick search, this trophy is said to be glitchy but it was reported on pre-1.09 versions. I played and 100%ed the game in its entirety on 1.09, no trophy glitched on me including this one. I think the reason why it glitched on you is that you didn't play on 1.09 from the start, so your flip counter got reset (by a bug in 1.12 which people rage over) the moment you do the patch downgrade.

I can confirm that your progress resumes to a new playthrough. the requirement is to flip 16 racket bosses, not necessarily from the same playthrough or 16 different persons. the game gives you just enough in one playthrough (18 minus 2 mandatory kills), but the count will carry on to the next playthrough. if, say, according to the counter you're currently at 14, the trophy should pop once you start a new playthrough and flip two racket bosses.

My original 1.09 run where the trophy glitched out was a fresh run with no save data. I decided to start a new run and it popped after 3 racket bosses.

That was the last trophy I needed for the plat after almost 200 total hours in the game and it bugged again, so I was frustrated lol

Edited by doritoite_

1 minute ago, deeps_rj said:

Do i really have to play offline to get The New Boss trophy? I am on 1.09 already but I'm hearing that it can still bugged out

I did just so the game wouldn't accidentally update to the 1.12 version. My game bugged out on my first playthrough and I got the trophy on a second run after 2 Barclay Mills rackets and 1 Downtown racket 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, sadsappysucker_ said:

I did just so the game wouldn't accidentally update to the 1.12 version. My game bugged out on my first playthrough and I got the trophy on a second run after 2 Barclay Mills rackets and 1 Downtown racket 

Do you know if this works on 1.10? My game crashed on the 2nd last racket and I'm afraid of having to start another run. That will drive me insane

On 8/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, souijuro833 said:

Do you know if this works on 1.10? My game crashed on the 2nd last racket and I'm afraid of having to start another run. That will drive me insane

very unlucky. which district was your second last racket ?   

16 hours ago, souijuro833 said:

I tried downgrading and starting another run. Hopefully it's all good

Goodluck. I did my trophy run the hard way in one sitting. a total of 7 tries because of crashes. I think its gonna be a smooth breeze on your run. 

On 8/9/2022 at 1:47 PM, omarzkie said:

Goodluck. I did my trophy run the hard way in one sitting. a total of 7 tries because of crashes. I think its gonna be a smooth breeze on your run. 

Thanks man. Finally got the plat after 4 runs total. Not as bad as others but still it was horrid for me at the end. Just slogging 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So 2k is celebrating the 20th anniversary of Mafia and posting a lot about the games (as well as confirmed that development on a new Mafia game has started). They even put together an anniversary trailer to promote the trilogy edition of the game. So maybe... just maybe, they will finally fix the trophies to this game. I am not holding my breath, but one can hope. I know there is the downgrade workaround, but it'd just be so much simpler if they just fixed it already. lol

3 hours ago, BloodySky said:

So 2k is celebrating the 20th anniversary of Mafia and posting a lot about the games (as well as confirmed that development on a new Mafia game has started). They even put together an anniversary trailer to promote the trilogy edition of the game. So maybe... just maybe, they will finally fix the trophies to this game. I am not holding my breath, but one can hope. I know there is the downgrade workaround, but it'd just be so much simpler if they just fixed it already. lol

I wrote with the support team at least 3 or 4 times over the last two years about the gliched trophies and all they said was to wait for a fix or try the "one sitting method". They said they do not have contact to the developers so I don't really think they will fix it but lets wait and see what the 20th anniversary brings.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:28 AM, zizimonster said:

I doubt they still care about this game. 1f602.png

After 6 years of Mafia 3 release, they didn't even bother to fix the glitched trophies.  "enjoy" the game in "one sitting" 2 times in order the get the plat. Problem is, the game is glitch af and will crash. ?

• Like 1

Just wondering if the kill counters etc are broken on version 1.00 of the game, if not I might just pick up a cheap physical copy of the game and play offline until I get the plat. Or at the very least, the glitched trophies. Thanks in advance for any help!

Yes, that version is unfortunately glitched where every time you shut the game down, it resets the count on the trophies you need specific kills for example. It is also impossible to try do the game in one sitting, cause the game is really prone to crash on you, which results in the same things. 

There is a forum thread here on the games page that has instruction on how to downgrade the game to 1.09, which is almost guaranteed to work even if you shut down the game. Only pick up the game if you intent on trying to go through that, otherwise the platinum is impossible. 

• Like 1

I would also add to play this game completely offline on the latest patch. For some reason in game tracker doesn't register stats properly to pop trophies when being online.

I am on my 9th Playthrough, couldn't get several trophies like exploding cars, Stealth kills and new boss while being signed in even tho I fullfiled trophy requirements. 

I managed to unlock them first time while being offline. 

12 hours ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

I would also add to play this game completely offline on the latest patch. For some reason in game tracker doesn't register stats properly to pop trophies when being online.

I am on my 9th Playthrough, couldn't get several trophies like exploding cars, Stealth kills and new boss while being signed in even tho I fullfiled trophy requirements. 

I managed to unlock them first time while being offline. 

So the trackers work correctly when playing offline? Even when shutting off the game and coming back on?