How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

4 minutes ago, WM0003 said:

Is the platinum even possible on the current patch? Thinking of tackling this one soon as I wrap up Mafia 1 and since I only have PS5 downgrading is way harder from what I've heard.

Long story short; yes, it is still possible to platinum on the current patch. I did it last year with the current patch. 

I suggest you read through this thread as to how you have to do it in order to bypass the glitched trophies with the current patch. Lots of good information and tips have already been posted. It's a headache and unnerving but it's very much possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into getting this game, but have a little dilema and couldn't find anything about this in the thread...

The Trilogy pack that includes all 3 games has a pretty good deal and was considering that. Anyone who already owns the pack could tell me what version comes installed on the disc? Because I read that the trilogy contains all 3 games' Definitive Edition' and Mafia 3's 'Definitive Edition' version is the latest patch, so does the patch come preinstalled on the disc or not?

If it is, then I'm guessing that I can't use the downgrade method, correct? I mean you can't install a patch lower than anything on disc, no?

I hope this is not the case, but if it is, then I need a standalone Mafia 3 disc.

I searched a lot but couldn't find anything about games versions on discs...Sadly there's no such database or list or anything, which is sad, because it could come handy in so many situations.

Edited by AttilaThe13th

On 29.3.2023 at 2:17 AM, AttilaThe13th said:

I'm looking into getting this game, but have a little dilema and couldn't find anything about this in the thread...

The Trilogy pack that includes all 3 games has a pretty good deal and was considering that. Anyone who already owns the pack could tell me what version comes installed on the disc? Because I read that the trilogy contains all 3 games' Definitive Edition' and Mafia 3's 'Definitive Edition' version is the latest patch, so does the patch come preinstalled on the disc or not?

If it is, then I'm guessing that I can't use the downgrade method, correct? I mean you can't install a patch lower than anything on disc, no?

I hope this is not the case, but if it is, then I need a standalone Mafia 3 disc.

I searched a lot but couldn't find anything about games versions on discs...Sadly there's no such database or list or anything, which is sad, because it could come handy in so many situations.

on serialstation.com is written that’s the same version like on the single disc. Version  01.00

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.4.2023 at 10:20 PM, ScumbagJosh93 said:

Was thinking of going back and trying to get this Plat so the best way is to go back to patch 1.09 have no saves start fresh while also being offline while playing.

My strat is to play any game on ps5 and offline mafia 3 on ps4 with version downgrade. I’m on the game since January and every trophy popped correctly until now. I’m not finished with the game yet but I’m looking forward that all trophies plus platinum pops.

after that I will go online with my ps4 and sync the trophy’s.

Edited by Evilash42
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, avkhachatrian said:

Platinium possible on latest patch? Any glitches with trophies? please

Yes, but you must complete a playthrough in a single session as the game does not save your kill progress. And the progress of killing or letting go of the thug bosses and informants is not saved either. If the game crashes anything of the progress is gone. So playing the game on v1.09 is the safest way.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, avkhachatrian said:

On 1.09 not need to play in one session for trophies?, how can I downgrade my digital version?.

I played Mafia 3 on 1.09 on PS4 in a few sessions many moons ago. 1.09 was the latest patch at the time.

Here's how to downgrade PS4 games on PS4. Does NOT work on PS5.

1 hour ago, avkhachatrian said:

On 1.09 not need to play in one session for trophies?, how can I downgrade my digital version?.

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

I played Mafia 3 on 1.09 on PS4 in a few sessions many moons ago. 1.09 was the latest patch at the time.

Here's how to downgrade PS4 games on PS4. Does NOT work on PS5

It's still possible to downgrade PS4 games directly on a PS5, albeit not to version 1.00 (which shouldn't matter in this case):

• Like 2

I FINALLY got this trophy and I used the most rare setup. I used a Mac for Charles and I downgraded the game to 1.09 on PS5

I also had a crash on my kill playthrough on Boss 12. I kept playing through the crash and the counter still worked

One thing the guides all forget is that on the kill playthrough, you need to kill Moreau. He's not needed on the flip playthrough

• 3 weeks later...

On another site, I found this comment.

Hi guys, if you want to get the trophies you need to downgrade to 1.09 instead of playing with the lastest version 1.12 because the game will crash and you have to restart over and over (I played this game 3 times on 1.12 ?). I played on 1.09 and everything is fine, no issues. All glitched trophies will pop up even if you turn off your console ☺️. Dont waste your time on 1.12

I would like to confirm if this is the case. Are the glitched trophies really working on the patch 1.09?

3 hours ago, Omega-MkIII said:

I would like to confirm if this is the case. Are the glitched trophies really working on the patch 1.09?

Yes. I platted the game entirely on patch 1.09 when it was "free" for PS Plus subscribers in 2018.

I went back to it in order to clean up DLC trophies and installed the latest patch (1.12) in 2021, all DLC trophies popped just fine.

DLC trophies also all work with patch 1.09, and I would recommend installing them before the end of the campaign. Unlike Mafia 2, they are not separate content you launch from the main menu, it is integrated into the main game quest. Getting all the trophies is also extremely money hungry and the marijuana DLC (splice and grow a crop which you can sell for cash) can result in a lot of waiting around in real-time to complete if you wait until the end of the game to install it. I would try to progress the Faster Baby DLC (Sinclair Parish) to the point you can grow marijuana as soon as you are able. Then you can progress with upgrading your grow house and splicing the perfect cash crop whenever you happen to be in that part of town. That regular influx of income from the grow house and the daily kickbacks from your lieutenants will help pay for the giant money sink that is fully upgrading the bar for another DLC. It's absolutely criminal that you get zero added daily income from the bar.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

DLC trophies also all work with patch 1.09, and I would recommend installing them before the end of the campaign. Unlike Mafia 2, they are not separate content you launch from the main menu, it is integrated into the main game quest. Getting all the trophies is also extremely money hungry and the marijuana DLC (splice and grow a crop which you can sell for cash) can result in a lot of waiting around in real-time to complete if you wait until the end of the game to install it. I would try to progress the Faster Baby DLC (Sinclair Parish) to the point you can grow marijuana as soon as you are able. Then you can progress with upgrading your grow house and splicing the perfect cash crop whenever you happen to be in that part of town. That regular influx of income from the grow house and the daily kickbacks from your lieutenants will help pay for the giant money sink that is fully upgrading the bar for another DLC. It's absolutely criminal that you get zero added daily income from the bar.

Thanks a lot for the tip, man!

• 2 weeks later...

So I did the whole shebang with Charles to get patch 1.09 then downloaded the DLCs. When Charles prompted me that 30 min were up I just let it sit there and the download kept going.

Now here’s the kicker. When the download was done it went to copying the update and it said it failed. I restarted both the PS4 and Charles and the update finished copying just fine (didn’t need to dl again).

My question is, is it ok that it happened like that, will my game be ok? In both the PS menu and in the game it says I got vers 1.09.

I don’t plan to play Mafia 3 right away because I just started the first game and I want to go through all of them in order so I won’t find out for a while if it worked. What’s the total size of the game on patch 1.09?

• 1 month later...