How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

So after downgrading to 1.09 I FINALLY have the platinum & 100% and have deleted the game.

My last playthrough (flip the bosses) even crashed at the last bloody boss, I was pretty scared it was going to mess up my run but after reloading and flipping the last boss my final trophy popped and then the platinum popped.

For anyone else reading this thread I would DEFINITELY downgrade to 1.09 to save yourself a LOT of annoyance.

Good riddance to this game. It could have been a great experience but the trophy issues made me hate it.

9 hours ago, Stockton572 said:

I'm having a problem with this whole downgrading thing. I'm at step 9, and it tells me to look for "ppkgo" and ignore "appkgo", since I'm using digital. "appkgo" is the only file I can find. What do I do to find "ppkgo"? Does the game have to finish downloading or what?

No the game doesn’t have to finish downloading, or at least it didn’t for me anyway. I cancelled it once I got the mapping done and started the download again with the mapping for 1.09 set up.

There are a number of PlayStation related entries that pop up in Charles. Are you sure you are finding:

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net

I also was using the digital version and the ppkgo section was there for me. Maybe try the process again?

Edited by RalixRalix
Additional info
  • Like 1

After 3 playthroughs i got finally my Platinum and 100%.

First playthrough i got none of the glitched trophy...but kept playing and completed the DLCs.

Second playthrough i tried to play in one session with sleep mode.

Flipped all bosses and informants, saved all the money and got the throphies.

Third playthrough i started after some months (needed a break from this game :D)

I tried to get the rest of the throphies in a last session...everything worked fine until the last boss in southdawn. Game crashed after i killed the last informant.

Almost threw my controller out the window...but i kept calm and continued the game. Dont ask me how and why, but my counter had not been reseted. Killed the last boss and finally finished this messed up game. First thing i did after that was deleting this game :D.

Good Luck to the people who still try to finish this crap.

After downgrading to 1.09 the game won't even start , it give me message "you must update the application to start it ".
Does anybody had this issue and fixed it ?

or Should I remove it and download it from scratch to work? 

the game was already installed when I downgrade it.

4 hours ago, mohamemo2013 said:

After downgrading to 1.09 the game won't even start , it give me message "you must update the application to start it ".
Does anybody had this issue and fixed it ?

or Should I remove it and download it from scratch to work? 

the game was already installed when I downgrade it.

You have to delete the game and re-install, you can't downgrade it installed. yesterday I started again the game 1.09 and I got 3 trophies that I had glitched.

1 hour ago, me_is_caveman said:

I'm confused about the downgrade process to 1.09. Can someone post a screenshot of the file I need to remap in Charles, and what to replace it with? Also how do I know I did it right or wrong if the download always says 1.12 instead of 1.09?

It will say 1.09 and the file you downloaded is a little bit smaller 

Reading through this thread just makes it seem like Mafia III simply isn't worth bothering with, especially with having to downgrade the game to a previous version in order to even render several trophies possible.

Think I'll just strike this game off my backlog and sell it.  I have more than enough other games to play in the meantime.

• Like 2

I know that many people have already said this but one more can't hurt. 

Version 1.09 it's the way to go. 

I was lucky that I had already the game installed at this version cause I had bought it some months ago, and never played. I decided to give it a try after reading this thread and it has worked perfectly. Not a single crush in two weeks of playing, just some minor bug like random car exploding or people stuck in the walls. Played completely offline and got all the trophies without issues. 

I have really enjoyed my time in New Bordeaux with Lincoln. 

I'm trying to do the downgrade and am stuck.  I have gotten the remapping part done in Charles using the link shown earlier in this thread for the US version:

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03652_00/73/f_cd2ab46d6e8f4f2c8f9b4e8653b83adcec07cb578ffc5278d41814381db047b8/f/UP1001-CUSA03652_00-MAFIA30000000001-A0109-V0101.json

But then after cancelling the download and restarting it on my PS4 it won't download.  The error message on the PS4 says it's a HTTP 403 error.  Am I using the wrong URL and trying to access something it wont give me permissions for?  Or did they change something to not allow this?  I tried visiting the https://ps4database.io link shown earlier to try and locate and confirm the URL but that website isnt coming up either.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I got it to work.  On the step by step in the other thread for the comrades trophy, the screenshots there show the checkbox on the mapping pop up being checked. It says something like “Preserve host in header fields” or something similar. The walkthrough doesn’t emphasize that it needs to be set in anyway (and it's not set by default), but that’s what seemed to do the trick for me. I have 1.09 installed now!

Cant wait to finish the plat and delete the game ?

EDIT #2: Just finished my first play-through (New Boss) while using v1.09 and all of the trophies that glitched on me the first time around popped as they should have this time.  I closed the game and powered down my PS4 multiple times over the course of the play-through and had no problems.

EDIT #3: Just finished my 2nd play-though (kill) and, again, had absolutely no problem getting all trophies to pop as expected while using the v1.09.  Got the plat and deleting the game!!

Edited by Misbik
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The “Baby, You’re A Rich Man” trophy popped on my 2nd playthrough at ~$275,000 and the “Hole in Your Pocket” trophy didn’t pop until roughly $425,000.

I didn’t shut off my PS4 just to be sure (as suggested here or elsewhere that the progress resets during a crash or reset).

It makes no sense but I’m happy to finally have those done.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the two trophies left for flip/kill racket bosses.

im trying to get the 1.09 patch but I’m honestly clueless with this. Trying to follow the guide but can’t get the connection set up to Charles (I’m on the PS5 if that changes things) if someone can message me that would be great 

edit- managed to fix the issue by using PS4 could not seem to get this working in ps5

Edited by djcawood
Fixed

I made an account just to post this lol.

(please read the whole thing)

The one trophy I was missing was No Loose Ends and failed to get it on my second playthrough despite killing all the racket bosses (got all the other ones I was missing though strangely enough).

So looked this up and tried poster’s method and can confirm it works and I got it on my first attempt after reading. I deleted all the save data (unlinked 2K account just to be safe) and disconnected from network then did a fresh restart of the console before firing up the game. I didn’t delete/reinstall the game itself and this is all on current version 1.12.

I did have one crash but it was quite early on before I’d killed any of the racket bosses. Just fired up the game again and continued (didn’t restart console again). My suspicion is the game only crashes once per session using this method as I didn’t have any other crashes the entire rest of the game and I just put it in rest mode between plays without closing the app.

So this is probably the best piece of advice I can give: Start progressing through the fresh game BUT BEFORE killing any racket bosses just muck around until the game crashes to get it out of the way and then once it has crashed proceed with the rest of the game. If it doesn’t wanna crash for ages I guess you could just start killing them and then the progress carries over onto a new playthrough but this would suck if you’re quite far into the game. The trophy popped as soon as I killed the last racket boss so I got my platinum and also I did leave Gambling till last as suggested (also left Black Market in the same district till second to last just to be safe. Kinda just avoided Southdowns altogether lol).

Deleted the game straight afterwards as I was sick of it lol so didn’t get to see if it’d crash on me after taking down that racket, but I hope this works for some of you out there. Just be patient and don’t spend ages trying to kill everyone - just get the objectives done and get to the bosses.

Cheers ✌️

ViMPirI.jpg

VpKTWJJ.jpg

Edited by Rowbokop

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully someone can help me, I've just played 2 kill playthroughs within the space of 3 days but No Loose Ends didn't pop for me, this was on Version 1.09 which I was expecting for it to pop on. This is the only trophy I need for the platinum. I also experienced 2 crashes on one of my playthroughs, is that what prevented it from popping?

6 hours ago, Shiibzz said:

Hopefully someone can help me, I've just played 2 kill playthroughs within the space of 3 days but No Loose Ends didn't pop for me, this was on Version 1.09 which I was expecting for it to pop on. This is the only trophy I need for the platinum. I also experienced 2 crashes on one of my playthroughs, is that what prevented it from popping?

Hey man. Did you read my post directly above your one? Have a read of it for the full version. I had the same issue but managed to get it on 1.12. It appears this trophy has to be done in one sitting because the counter resets whenever the game crashes, so I’d recommend the following:

1. Update to 1.12 or whatever the latest is.

2. Unlink 2K account, delete all save and profile game data, disconnect your console from network and restart your console.

3. Start a new playthrough with the console offline and wait for the game to crash before you kill any of the racket bosses then start the game again WITHOUT restarting your console.

4. Never close the game app between sessions, just pause and put in rest mode.

5. Leave Gambling racket till last (and Black Market second to last just to be safe) as game reportedly crashes after taking over Gambling racket.

There may have been a bit of luck with not crashing again, but this is what worked for me and I got it in one try using this method. If the game crashes after you’ve killed any racket bosses you have to start over, but following this method it didn’t crash on me once after I’d got that first crash out of the way before I killed any of the racket bosses.

Hope this helps and keen to hear if it worked for you. Let me know if you have any questions. ✌️

On 22/01/2021 at 1:54 PM, Misbik said:

I'm trying to do the downgrade and am stuck.  I have gotten the remapping part done in Charles using the link shown earlier in this thread for the US version:

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03652_00/73/f_cd2ab46d6e8f4f2c8f9b4e8653b83adcec07cb578ffc5278d41814381db047b8/f/UP1001-CUSA03652_00-MAFIA30000000001-A0109-V0101.json

But then after cancelling the download and restarting it on my PS4 it won't download.  The error message on the PS4 says it's a HTTP 403 error.  Am I using the wrong URL and trying to access something it wont give me permissions for?  Or did they change something to not allow this?  I tried visiting the https://ps4database.io link shown earlier to try and locate and confirm the URL but that website isnt coming up either.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I got it to work.  On the step by step in the other thread for the comrades trophy, the screenshots there show the checkbox on the mapping pop up being checked. It says something like “Preserve host in header fields” or something similar. The walkthrough doesn’t emphasize that it needs to be set in anyway (and it's not set by default), but that’s what seemed to do the trick for me. I have 1.09 installed now!

Cant wait to finish the plat and delete the game 1f601.png

EDIT #2: Just finished my first play-through (New Boss) while using v1.09 and all of the trophies that glitched on me the first time around popped as they should have this time.  I closed the game and powered down my PS4 multiple times over the course of the play-through and had no problems.

EDIT #3: Just finished my 2nd play-though (kill) and, again, had absolutely no problem getting all trophies to pop as expected while using the v1.09.  Got the plat and deleting the game!!

Hi there, who was the last racket boss you killed just wanna see if that changes anything.

Thanks