How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

On 3/3/2021 at 0:12 PM, Shiibzz said:

Hi there, who was the last racket boss you killed just wanna see if that changes anything.

Thanks

Sorry I wish I knew.  I didn't plan any specific order to do them in so I don't recall which one I did last.

Some doubts about glitches. When I bought the game in 2017 I played my first round and the "Family" trophy did not fall I was upset and sold the game. When the game was offered on PLUS, I tried again but the game was full of breaks and uninstalled. This week (already on PS5) I decided to install it again to try the platinum and DLC trophies, can I use the same SAVE? Do I need to playtrhough one sitting? If so, on PS5 if you are going to play any other game, the application closes right? Do glitches affect everyone? Or can I be lucky not to be affected? About the solution to use version 1.09 is impossible for me, because the game I have is the digital version and therefore the most recent, always.

Edited by cffc8

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gillingham_ME7 said:

I've downgraded the game to the 1.09 version.

Tried starting the game, and i've got a message "50% complete. Installing".

its been like this for nearly an hour.

Has anybody had this issue and fixed it ?

I would try pause/resume or restart otherwise you might have to cancel it and download it again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

And as of April 2021, 2K still haven't fixed this crap. Just crashed while I was dropping off Alvarez and I'm playing on a PS5 which is meant to be more sturdy. This is the 11th playthrough attempt I've tried of this crap. This game is beyond a joke. 

I crashed on rescue alvarez twice just dropping him off to the church halfway. It crashes always when approaching the bridge from downtown.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:15 AM, Trini said:

Is there anyone that successfully obtained these glitched trophies without the need for any workarounds?

I don't think there is. :(

On 4/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

And as of April 2021, 2K still haven't fixed this crap. Just crashed while I was dropping off Alvarez and I'm playing on a PS5 which is meant to be more sturdy. This is the 11th playthrough attempt I've tried of this crap. This game is beyond a joke. 

I believe they have moved on. :(

As of today, I got plat on Mafia 3. Still obtainable. I tried both methods, v1.12 on one sitting and v1.09 downgrade. Both works, although on v1.12 one sitting, your only problem is the game crashing, on my case, game is crashing at the end of the game, so I decided to downgrade to v1.09. 

Downgrading would be the best possible option. It's actually easy. All trophies are fixed there even if you turn off the console, counter is not resetting. I got Family trophy on 1.09, tried turning it off thrice and the game crashing but the trophy still popped. Also the X and O button here are fixed, unlike on 1.12 that are interchanged.

I got New Boss, Cant Trust a Rat, No Loose Ends, Big Earner and the takedowns on one sitting method on 1.12. Possible but very tiresome. You can leave it on rest mode and still works. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by bahhanery
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Can i downgrade a patch on the ps5 just like the ps4?

Hi, interesting coincidence. I looked into this today and it should be possible and the steps to do it should be somewhat identical.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Can i downgrade a patch on the ps5 just like the ps4?

I achieved the plat on PS5 by downgrading to 1.09, the procedure is identical to PS4. To anyone else reading, don't even bother trying this on the current patch, save yourself the headache. The downgrade instructions are a lot less intimidating than they look - the hardest part is remembering to cancel the auto-update that happens every time you turn on the PS5 or start the game!

• Like 2

Question though, i just found out that the DLCs are free just before I decided to delete the main game. Are the DLC trophies also glitched? I have to assume it needs to be on v1.12 to play the dlcs, right?

1 hour ago, TheJimmonator said:

I achieved the plat on PS5 by downgrading to 1.09, the procedure is identical to PS4. To anyone else reading, don't even bother trying this on the current patch, save yourself the headache. The downgrade instructions are a lot less intimidating than they look - the hardest part is remembering to cancel the auto-update that happens every time you turn on the PS5 or start the game!

When you play it on PS5, trophies unlocked are still for PS4 right?

37 minutes ago, bahhanery said:

Question though, i just found out that the DLCs are free just before I decided to delete the main game. Are the DLC trophies also glitched? I have to assume it needs to be on v1.12 to play the dlcs, right?

Unfortunately I don't have an answer regarding the DLCs; I had no idea how glitched the main games trophies were until it was too late. I played the game for the first time on v1.12 and got 100% across all DLC trophies (but I've no doubt that other people have probably had some issues considering the game we're talking about here, best to check other topics in the forums).

To your other question, yes, there isn't a separate PS5 list or anything, it's just the PS4 game you're playing & unlocking trophies for.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:00 AM, bahhanery said:

Just adding on to what TheJimmonator has said. I was able to get all the DLC trophies on the 1.12 patch with no problems. That being said all the trophies that required a certain amount of kills I did on the same day so who knows if they have the same counter reset problem as the main story ones do. Luckily they're all under 50 kills so it should be pretty easy to get them in one go. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday evening I wiretapped and flipped the very last racket boss (16 in total) and no trophy popped up. I've been following Lincoln's journal through the game (all 16 racket bosses are mentioned there as Lincoln decided to keep them alive) and I have ticked all bosses on my list just to prevent missing anything. We live in 2021 and bloody things like this shouldn't be happening... releasing a Definitive Edition of a game with no bugs fixed. Shame 2K...
So Mafia III Definitive Edition trophies still are affected by bugs...
PS-App-20210506-100234.jpg
IMG-20210506-230336.jpg

Hello there!

I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with MAFIA III!

Before anything, we would like to sincerely thank you for alerting us about the issue you are experiencing. Because of the work of diligent players like you, we've been able to collect enough information about this issue to notify the development team, and they are currently working toward a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented. That said, please follow us on Twitter (@MafiaGame), as this is where new info as well as upcoming patches will be announced.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

All the best,

Vasis E.
2K Support

Nevermind. I kept getting the same bot reply. This game's a dead-drop. 2K's too busy milking NBA and WWE games, while Hangar13 is MIA.

20 hours ago, Curat0r_Cyph3r said:

I'm currently re-attempting to downgrade to 1.09. How do I know if the game has updated to 1.09? Do I just check the game's info section?

Yes, press "Options" button in the PS4 menu on the Mafia 3 icon, and then select "information". Even if the system says the game has the latest patch, in fact it's 1.09.

I downgraded the game yesterday and some of the previously glitched trophies unlocked during my new playthrough - e.g. 100 stealth kills or 10 Molotov's suicides and I've played 1/3 of the story so far. Previously playing on 1.12 none of these two popped up along with "The New Boss" and "Family" trophies.

Edited by Bykovsky7