Stuck on Act 2 Boss

I'm trying to defeat Magic Knight Heavy Ruby and I just can't.  Clearly I'm doing something majorly wrong.  He can heal for ~25% of his HP which is enough to stonewall me.  All my characters are around level 105-108.  Anyone have any setup advice?  I've tried using Spirit Unification, domination, tarous and S-craft.  I've tried using Valimar and then S-craft spam.  Nothing.  I get him kind close to dead and then he almost completely heals up and I have nothing left.

Equip Tauros on Rean, Domination quartz on Rean, go oni mode, and waste your first turn on an Art or something that isn't a Craft/normal attack. Or just eat a CP-recovery item.

Use Alisa, Emma or eat a food to get Rean back up to 200 CP, then Akatsuki

This should bring any boss on Nightmare straight down to 30-50% HP, and then you can rush it with 2x Over-rise.

Just now, Phantochi said:

Equip Tauros on Rean, Domination quartz on Rean, go oni mode, and waste your first turn on an Art or something that isn't a Craft/normal attack. Or just eat a CP-recovery item.

Use Alisa, Emma or eat a food to get Rean back up to 200 CP, then Akatsuki

This should bring any boss on Nightmare straight down to 30-50% HP, and then you can rush it with 2x Over-rise.

You just quoted word-for-word I reddit post I've already found and tried.  Sbreaks did not break it down to death and then I got trampled because of the scraft delay.

Hey, I might be to late on this.

But i made Rean a Canceller in my games (Impede 1 & 2), and i have Fie with 100% evasion with master quartz for 75% Magic Evasion as well as Emma and Alisa.

Then Put Fie in the front to attack and have everyone else at the back, Just have Rean use True Arc Slash everytime and hopefully the boss will never attack you back.

• 1 month later...