Anyone else disappointed by the final boss battles?

Sullys_Legacy

So it only too me two years on and off, and a bout of determination this weekend, but I have beaten Bloodborne. And if I'm being honest the ending was kind of disaapointing. Neither Gernham or the Moon Presence were very difficult fights, with Gernham taking me three tries, and Moon only taking me two. After fighting with, but loving the combat, it just felt so anti-climatic. Did anyone else find this?

• Like 1

The Moon Presence was pretty easy yeah but I really enjoyed the Gehrman fight because it felt like you were on equal ground with him and he wasn't just a big monster or a weirdo that runs around and shoots tentacles at you like Micolash. Plus it was cool in that despite being an old man with a prosthetic leg he was still badass enough to fight you with a big scythe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

The Moon Presence was pretty easy yeah but I really enjoyed the Gehrman fight because it felt like you were on equal ground with him and he wasn't just a big monster or a weirdo that runs around and shoots tentacles at you like Micolash. Plus it was cool in that despite being an old man with a prosthetic leg he was still badass enough to fight you with a big scythe.

I do think Gehrman was a beautifully designed boss, but for me the difficulty I expected just wasn't there. The lore for him was very good as well, so I don't want to fault them on design and writing, just gameplay wise it didn't suit me.

I'm pretty sure the Moon Presence was designed to be easy since it takes place right after a boss fight (assuming you have to fight Gehrahm again if you die to the Moon Presence). Gehrahm's not hard, but I wouldn't call him terribly easy either. He's probably mid-level, but he does seem easy for a final boss. However, FromSoft's final bosses almost always tends to be easy in comparison to the other stuff in their games. I'd say Sekiro's the only FromSoft game that had a challenging final boss. 

And since you did the DLC (which arguably has some of the hardest bosses in FromSoft's history) Gehrahm will feel like an absolute breeze in comparison. I will say this, Gehrahm's still a really fun boss. His movesets and the boss arena design is what made the fight memorable for me. Hunter fights are when Bloodborne's at its peak, so it was nice that the game finishes off with a stylish Hunter fight. 

• Like 2

Gehrman was there as a solid challenge. I don't think he was ever meant to be on the level of Orphan of Kos in which he's absurdly difficult. He's meant as a final hunter-vs-hunter fight set in a beautiful arena. The Moon Presence on the other hand was certainly made to be easy. As others have said, mainly because he comes straight in after another boss fight. If they wanted to make either of them fuck you difficult, they would have. The DLC is example of that.

Kos was such a fantastic fight that really makes bloodborne's combat shine. and if you're going for platinum, you do Kos & Maria before Gehrman, which makes him a cakewalk. also if you do the chalices before as well, you're usually so over-leveled it's a joke of a fight. Defiled Chalice was the biggest highlight for me, that really expanded my understanding of the games fundamentals and made me git gud. Glad to hear you enjoyed the game though! awesome work!

• Like 1

That's a trope in FromSoft games (well maybe except Sekiro) : Final boss is less of a monster that will pulverize you with one hit and more of a lore fight. Got Gehrman the second try or something because I was too goddamn OP after blasting through the DLC. Moon Presence also, she is supposed to be the sneaky meddling Great One type, not a powerhouse like Ebrietas. Fighting ain't her thing. 

Usually that's how it is : final boss has sentimental value, final DLC boss has nightmare "oh shit" value.

• Like 3

I did enjoy hunting both Gehram and Moon Purrsence, not for the difficulty but for the closure. I think I struggled only against couple bosses - Vicar Amelia gave me trouble first time around but Ludwig still keeps kicking my ass for some odd reason, he's giving me really hard time on NG+. I don't think I was disappointed in anything when it comes to Bloodborne.

• Like 2